Ford Duratec 3.0, anyone tried or thought about it in a B

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

mgb281 Philip Waterman
Taunton, Somerset, UK   GBR
I have finally got photos, they were taken in near darkness (the engine and body shell are 15 miles from where I live) so apologies for the quality. I am not using either this engine or bodyshell, the engine was free because the head gasket was gone and the bodyshell is beyond repair. Both serve a usefull purpose in finding out what will fit, where and how. The bellhousing is the front half of a Mondeo gearbox ( a ring of bolts hold the two halves togethether) with a 16mm adaptor plate bolted to it using most of that ring of bolts. Final measurements have not been taken to get the exact fitting. I list the speeds in each gear at 6600 prm for the T5 and the S type Getrag gearbox, you will see that the Getrag has a low 2nd and third gears.
The T5 gearbox is from a Sierra Cosworth which has very good ratios for this engine, even with the stock rear axle the speeds in each gear are;
T5 S Type gearbox

1st 41 mph 1st 38mph
2nd 61 mph 2nd 52 mph
3rd 91 mph 3rd 79 mph
4th 122 mph 4th 122 mph
5th 153 mph 5th 163 mph

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-12 09:39 AM by mgb281.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
DSCF3829.JPG    47.2 KB
DSCF3829.JPG

DSCF3830.JPG    52.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
DSCF3831.JPG    50.2 KB
DSCF3832.JPG    55.5 KB
mikeyw MICHAEL Wallhead
Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK   GBR
How are you getting on with this? have a vid of my 3.0 v6 jag powered mgb before rempa and standalone, expecting to run low 12s this year smiling smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster