Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
MGExp

MG Engine Swaps Forum

FastCars block hugger headers still available?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Benny Avatar
Benny Ben E
San Diego, CA, USA   USA
Does anyone know if the ‘block hugger’ headers are still available from FastCars Inc?

They are shown on their website, but part of me feels the website might be dormant? I sent an email enquiry, but got no response.

Thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3868072 by Benny Does anyone know if the ‘block hugger’ headers are still available from FastCars Inc?

For SBF or Buick/ Rover?

I'd recommend calling them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-04 03:31 PM by V8MGBV8.

Benny Avatar
Benny Ben E
San Diego, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 3868079 by V8MGBV8 For SBF or Buick/ Rover?

SBF

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
Answer is yes.

ohlord Avatar
ohlord Gold Member Rob C
North of Seattle, N.W., USA   USA
1957 Land Rover Series I "EYEYIYI"
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"
Speedway

"I'm a long way gone down this wild road I'm on
It's gonna take me where I'm bound
It's a long way around"

"These are the days that must happen to you"

RD2 Radar/ Electronic Warfare Technician
Vietnam 1969-1972

Attachments:
9300201_L1000_bfc4622e-5aa7-4bbf-9b3e-45eb81f9d33e.jpg    25.5 KB
9300201_L1000_bfc4622e-5aa7-4bbf-9b3e-45eb81f9d33e.jpg

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
I have seen those used, Rob, but they required a good bit of time modding them to fit.

ex-tyke Avatar
ex-tyke Graham Creswick
Chatham, ON, Canada   CAN
1976 MG MGB
They also don't seem to fit the category of "block hugger" style headers- they do, however, resemble Ted's/FastCars "through the fender" design or Steve's original "Coyote" headers.

NOHOME P P
O, ON, Canada   CAN
1967 MG MGB GT "Maggie (GT From Hell)"
These may or may not work, but more in the style of the Fastcars with the flat collector.

Pete

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
Here's what Ryan Reis did to make the above headers work. Said that next time he would just order the custom headers.

http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?2,19730

In reply to # 3869659 by ex-tyke They also don't seem to fit the category of "block hugger" style headers- they do, however, resemble Ted's/FastCars "through the fender" design or Steve's original "Coyote" headers.

Steve's Coyote headers.

http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?11,7326

NOHOME P P
O, ON, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 3869677 by V8MGBV8 Here's what Ryan Reis did to make the above headers work. Said that next time he would just order the custom headers.

http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?2,19730

In reply to # 3869659 by ex-tyke They also don't seem to fit the category of "block hugger" style headers- they do, however, resemble Ted's/FastCars "through the fender" design or Steve's original "Coyote" headers.

Steve's Coyote headers.

http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?11,7326

Methinks Benny is trying to avoid cutting the hole in the side of the engine bay. Fastcars used to make a nice expensive set of SS headers that went between the engine and the framerail. They were about $800 dinneros way back.

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3869697 by NOHOME

Methinks Benny is trying to avoid cutting the hole in the side of the engine bay. Fastcars used to make a nice expensive set of SS headers that went between the engine and the framerail. They were about $800 dinneros way back.

The Fast Cars block hugger used to be nearly $1K in SS & $600 in mild steel. I have no idea what they are nowadays.

NOHOME P P
O, ON, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 3869736 by V8MGBV8
In reply to # 3869697 by NOHOME

The Fast Cars block hugger used to be nearly $1K in SS & $600 in mild steel. I have no idea what they are nowadays.

It would seem that a few years back there was a stigma attached to cutting the inner fenders. I know it was a path I did not want to follow whenever I plotted a conversion and also one of the reasons that I leaned towards a V6 swap for the GT. However, that seems to have faded in the community and the fenderwell headers have become the new norm.

I am pretty sure that Ted stopped making those headers even before they sold the business.

Pete

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3870085 by NOHOME

I am pretty sure that Ted stopped making those headers even before they sold the business.

Fast Cars still offers SBF block hugger headers.

I am with you, Pete. I didn't want to cut the holes, especially after telling my club members for years the V8 would fit.

Fender well exit headers used to be old school drag car/street rod territory only. Getting to be the norm around here.

Morty Avatar
Morty Shawn Morton
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
Benny if you're after a set of block hugger headers I have a set I'll let go cheep. Theres nothing wrong with them I just decided to go with the RV8 style headers instead.

Shawn

Benny Avatar
Benny Ben E
San Diego, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 3870456 by Morty Benny if you're after a set of block hugger headers I have a set I'll let go cheep. Theres nothing wrong with them I just decided to go with the RV8 style headers instead.

Shawn

I’ll send you a PM

Edit: In your profile, your car has a Rover V8, is that correct? I’m looking for small block Ford headers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-08 11:15 PM by Benny.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster