Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
MGExp

MG Engine Swaps Forum

FastCars block hugger headers still available?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Benny Avatar
Benny Ben E
San Diego, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 3869697 by NOHOME Methinks Benny is trying to avoid cutting the hole in the side of the engine bay. Fastcars used to make a nice expensive set of SS headers that went between the engine and the framerail. They were about $800 dinneros way back.

That’s correct.

When I first saw them perhaps 10+ years ago, they were SS. A few years later, I believe mild steel became the standard, and SS was an optional extra.

I remember nearly falling over when I first saw the price tag, all those years ago, but when I think of the obscene number of hours I’ve got in fabbing my V8 Cortina headers from a pair of flanges and a pile of U-bends, buying ready-to-go headers looks like money well spent.....two young kids, and all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-08 11:17 PM by Benny.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Morty Avatar
Morty Shawn Morton
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
These are for a 3.5L Rover and they appear to be mild steel. One has a hare line crack that could be easily welded. They are painted not ceramic coated. If anyone is interested $100 + shipping.

Shawn

Attachments:
IMG_1933.jpg    50.4 KB
IMG_1933.jpg

Wilke Benjamin Wilke
Jacksonville, FL, USA   USA
I had e-mailed Fast Cars earlier and did not get a response either. I called and they answered right away. They said they still do sell the headers, and quoted me at $600.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3873046 by Wilke I had e-mailed Fast Cars earlier and did not get a response either. I called and they answered right away. They said they still do sell the headers, and quoted me at $600.

Mild steel version, no doubt.

Morty Avatar
Morty Shawn Morton
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
Anyone reading this post and wondering if my block hugger headers are still available, They are not they have found a new home in Texas

Cheers Shawn

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster