Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3884096 by Ricey30 Thanks for that Carl I’ll stop looking at that for any vac leaks

Cheers Phil

Just to clarify, That was written from someone that does not use the front vacuum takeoff from the carb. I use the back one, but for brake booster only.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Spen Spencer M
Liverpool, Merseyside, UK   GBR
Dennis
How do make or is there a part that will restrict the flow to .125 from the crank case? I'm intrigued how this is done ?
Spen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-02 03:45 AM by Spen.

Spen Spencer M
Liverpool, Merseyside, UK   GBR
Thanks Phil
I have used the car builder as suggested by Allan also and did get my fan switch and housing from them that is now all wired and plumbed in , and yes I am also most likely going to be having a few more hoses bought for a better routing of the hose like you say you end up making it up with more than one hose as the front route is close to my dizzy on the stock hose the alloy housing for the bulb is close but I do have the thermostat housing to turn it behind the dizzy
Thanks on the link and the discussion on the catchment tank that i had no idea of, so something else to look into and to source
Great build you have done there on the engine
Cheers
Spen

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
allanreeling ALLAN R
RANDLAY, TELFORD, Shropshire, UK   GBR
These Rover V8's are "heavy breathers" and require plenty of crankcase ventilation, otherwise they blow out of the front and rear crankshaft seals.

soonerv8

Denis Avatar
Denis Denis Hill
Bearii, Nth Victoria, Australia   AUS
Spen put a plug in the hose with a 1/8" hole in it make it a firm fit and big enough so as not to slip into the carb port. Denis

68 B roadster, Daffodil yellow, supercharger, Burgess SC head, SC cam, Mikuni HSR 48 carburetor and engine built for supercharging.

73 BGT V8 conversion starting with a bare shell. Built the engine "3.9L Rover" early in 2016 with high comp pistons and a few other nice bits, plus a T5 ford trans. Started on the body late 2016 and complete late 2017, Did all the work myself, mechanical, body. paint etc.
Finished and going well, great to drive and quick. Now has a nice 3.23 LSD.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster