Cheap VW Rabbit flares

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dcraddock43 Gold Member Dave Craddock
Redford (Detroit), Mi., USA   USA
Jeff, that looks like the cleanest Omnirizon in the country !!
Dave

Member Services:
Preform Resources,Inc./Dave Craddock, MGB composite parts, body kits ,front and rear valances, stock and RV-8 bolt on hoods ,many spridget parts as well. composite parts that FIT! 313-533-2457 http://preformresources.com/ preres@sbcglobal.net
Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
VKbodywork Avatar
VKbodywork Kevin V
Bourges, France, France   FRA
Horizon flares with rota rbx 9,5"x17" for my mgb gt v8 project

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member

Attachments:
image.jpg    37.8 KB
image.jpg

image.jpg    37.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Yes No Thank
MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
So far I've only found Golf flares on the interweb so where did you get the Horizons Kevin? (And no one will tell me which year Stanza works thumbs down

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell with VW Golf flared guards, flush fit front and rear valances with front guards immovable. Front and rear seams removed,Torana XU1 vents, frenched indicators front & Mk1 rear lights. Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimaera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. All new interior with MrMikes covers on MX5 seats. Retro4 7x15 rims (zero offset) and 205/55 rubber. Colour: Jaguar Storm. Not for sale - it's my sanity!

Yes No Thank
VKbodywork Avatar
VKbodywork Kevin V
You want talbot horizon or Plymouth horizon or Dodge omni on internet.
In usa and france it s not a probleme for australia it s not sure

Yes No Thank
VKbodywork Avatar
VKbodywork Kevin V
I have buy my fenders in car breaker in France 50€ for four

Yes No Thank
7399MGM Avatar
7399MGM Norbert S
Pittsburgh, PA, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB
Jim,

that is a good lead - I'll contact them ....

Thanks

Norbert

Yes No Thank
7399MGM Avatar
7399MGM Norbert S
Pittsburgh, PA, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB
Forgot to ask - front or rear from VW?

Yes No Thank
260mgb Jim Nichols
Sequim,WA, USA   USA
Those are rear patch panels, 2 for leftside, 2 for right.

Yes No Thank
theonlyiceman53 Avatar
theonlyiceman53 Bill Russell
FL, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Frankenstien"
1977 MG MGB "Wicked"
Whoever came up with the VW flares idea I would like to thank them. They are just the right size to use in many ways. I used them as the basis for my front flares and they were just what I needed. All of the sheetmetal was pieced, welded and dollied into shape. Wish I could figure out how to use my English wheel!!!
Cheers,
Bill

Attachments:
MGB bbc.jpg    50.7 KB
MGB bbc.jpg

Yes No Thank
oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Gold Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
JEFF: Didn't VW used to advertise them as a good "WINTER" car in Minnesota because they would eventually "Dissolve" back in the soil. ??? eye rolling smiley

IN ALL SUBJECTS.: For those who believe, no proof is needed. For those who don’t believe, no proof is possible.

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough"
Sir Henry Royce
co-founder of Rolls Royce .

"BENJAMIN FRANKLIN" >>(Expanded) The bitterness of poor quality (or Crappy Workmenship) remains LONG AFTER the Sweet Taste of Low Price is forgotten.

Member Services:
Yes No Thank
TCru Avatar
TCru Tom C
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
1968 MG Midget "Sold - Seeking Replacement..."
1972 Porsche 911 "Sold - Went Home To DE"
2016 Toyota Tacoma 4WD "My Current Daily (Bone Stock)"
Generic / Universal Fender Flares
$45

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D7VG3BN/ref=sspa_dk_detail_4?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07D7VG3BN&pd_rd_w=pn0kY&pf_rd_p=10ebaf99-73de-4f5d-a994-e7f5fc52f86f&pd_rd_wg=KsmJX&pf_rd_r=V3Y5YJJ9R3PW3J17APE2&pd_rd_r=fe8d97b6-33da-11e9-a2a2-af2ee3e7810c

Bunch of other styles too E Bay...

Old Chinese Proverb:
The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step…
Old Mechanics Proverb:
The building of a thousand cars begins with the first socket…

Yes No Thank
1744 Avatar
1744 Gold Member Bill Guzman
CA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB GT "Renegade I GT"
1974 MG MGB "Renegade"
Two left and two right flares. Ok! Where do they go on the body Two left on front? or....

Just need some clarification. Thanks.

Member Services:
MG Classic Conversions V6. Wilwood brake dealer.
Yes No Thank
MGB567 Avatar
If you mean the VW arches in my topic of that name we swapped sides, Plenty of meat on them to allow options on how big you make the flares.

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell with VW Golf flared guards, flush fit front and rear valances with front guards immovable. Front and rear seams removed,Torana XU1 vents, frenched indicators front & Mk1 rear lights. Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimaera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. All new interior with MrMikes covers on MX5 seats. Retro4 7x15 rims (zero offset) and 205/55 rubber. Colour: Jaguar Storm. Not for sale - it's my sanity!

Yes No Thank
260mgb Jim Nichols
Sequim,WA, USA   USA
Bill, Front of flare to front. The Dodge Omni were reversed.

Yes No Thank
MGB567 Avatar
Have to trust in Jim - it's so long ago (well 2 years) since mine were done I can no longer be 100%. What I can say is once you start holding them up against the existing bodywork it becomes obvious. Of course I refer to VW arches.

Yes No Thank

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster