AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

lorwood Avatar
lorwood Ed S
Ridge, NY, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB
B wreck at Copart

Not mine. Believe the previous owner was a member. Conversion looks well done. Hope the PO is OK.

"He rides 'er low on the hip, on the side he's got "Bound for Glory" in red, white and blue flash paint
He leans on the hood telling racing stories, the kids call him Jimmy the Saint".."And I said, "Hey kid, you think that's oil? Man, that ain't oil, that's blood"
I wonder what he was thinking when he hit that storm, or was he just lost in the flood?"

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member
Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
BFC Avatar
BFC Ben Clark
Allegan, MI, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Kilr B"
1980 MG MGB MkIV
Hmmmm.... there's a couple auction places near me that do cars and it seems like there's never a great deal. That's ideal if you're the seller, but on most of the auctions I followed, I felt like I could score as good or better a deal on Craigslist. That said, I've never looked at totaled or classic cars.

I don't know. It's always smoked like that/made that sound/done that.

Yes No Thank
lorwood Avatar
lorwood Ed S
Ridge, NY, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB
In reply to # 3903762 by BFC Hmmmm.... there's a couple auction places near me that do cars and it seems like there's never a great deal. That's ideal if you're the seller, but on most of the auctions I followed, I felt like I could score as good or better a deal on Craigslist. That said, I've never looked at totaled or classic cars.

Copart is mainly used by salvage yards and body guys looking for a cheap flip. I would think that this car would be a parts car only. Doubt any salvage yard or body guy would be interested which only leaves enthusiasts. Some states require the use of a broker to purchase from Copart but with that said I would be shocked if this car went over 1k my guess closer to 500.

"He rides 'er low on the hip, on the side he's got "Bound for Glory" in red, white and blue flash paint
He leans on the hood telling racing stories, the kids call him Jimmy the Saint".."And I said, "Hey kid, you think that's oil? Man, that ain't oil, that's blood"
I wonder what he was thinking when he hit that storm, or was he just lost in the flood?"

Yes No Thank
ZetecMGB Avatar
ZetecMGB Gold Member Brian Collins
Orlando, FL, USA   USA
Sure hope the owner made it out alive

Member Services:
Ceres Motorsports specializes in the repair, restoration, and customization of classic British cars including MG, Triumph, and many other makes.

Attachments:
64f6781c-dfc5-469b-bc88-4b126790f8b9.JPG    58.2 KB
64f6781c-dfc5-469b-bc88-4b126790f8b9.JPG

Yes No Thank
BFC Avatar
BFC Ben Clark
Allegan, MI, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Kilr B"
1980 MG MGB MkIV
Well, heck. At that price...

Yes No Thank
clinghoffer Gold Member Clinton P
Port Washington, WI, USA   USA
Looks like Jim Watson's. I know it was for sale a while ago...

Watson's

Yes No Thank
Rick Fawthrop Avatar
Rick Fawthrop Richard Fawthrop
Langley, WA, USA   USA
Thanks for posting.
I wish it was closer.
The problem with co-part is the fees. You buy the car and then pay $400 or more in fees.
Now that I have money again I am back in the market for a project.
There were hail damaged Porsches in Denver a while back that I wished I could have bought.

Yes No Thank
geezer Avatar
geezer Silver Member charles durning
Magee, MS, USA   USA
1958 MG Magnette ZB "Chick Magnette (sold)"
1967 Morris Minor 1000 Saloon (2-door) "Marvin"
1974 MG MGB GT "Foghorn Leghorn"
Looks like you have to be a AL resident or have a business license to bid.

"Whether you think you can do something, or you think you can't, you're correct"- Henry Ford

Yes No Thank
V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
Yes, that was the car that Jim Watson built. I nicknamed it PO-TA-TO.

It was the second owner after Jim that was hit in it. He survived the wreck with injuries that will take a year to fully recover from.

Attachments:
PO-TA-TO.jpg    49.2 KB
PO-TA-TO.jpg

Yes No Thank
mickri Chuck Losness
Squaw Valley, CA, USA   USA
I looked into buying a wreck from one of the auction sites as a parts car for my swap. All of the extra fees added around $600 to the purchase price. I found a running donor car for $450 on CL. The seller who was a scraper delivered it to my house and then came back to pick up the remaining hulk after I took everything off that I wanted.

Yes No Thank
clinghoffer Gold Member Clinton P
Port Washington, WI, USA   USA
In reply to # 3903841 by V8MGBV8 Yes, that was the car that Jim Watson built. I nicknamed it PO-TA-TO.

It was the second owner after Jim that was hit in it. He survived the wreck with injuries that will take a year to fully recover from.

Ha! Carl that was what I tried to search for. I remember you posting that picture when it was for sale.

Yes No Thank
lorwood Avatar
lorwood Ed S
Ridge, NY, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB
Here it is in the registry

79mgb

You are allowed to use a broker to purchase through Copart.

Someone looking for a complete v8 conversion kit along with a 5 speed tranny could get a deal even with fees and transport.

Yes No Thank
geezer Avatar
geezer Silver Member charles durning
Magee, MS, USA   USA
1958 MG Magnette ZB "Chick Magnette (sold)"
1967 Morris Minor 1000 Saloon (2-door) "Marvin"
1974 MG MGB GT "Foghorn Leghorn"
The broker fee is $225.00 and requires a $400 deposit

"Whether you think you can do something, or you think you can't, you're correct"- Henry Ford

Yes No Thank
Jim Blackwood Avatar
Jim Blackwood * BlownMGB-V8
Gunpowder Rd, Florence, KY, USA   USA
Think a minute about what you guys are complaining about here. The conversion was well done and well sorted and aside from the hard parts you have the interior. Plus one good front fender is almost worth what it'd cost to buy the car.

Jim

Yes No Thank
BFC Avatar
BFC Ben Clark
Allegan, MI, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Kilr B"
1980 MG MGB MkIV
In reply to # 3903931 by Jim Blackwood Think a minute about what you guys are complaining about here. The conversion was well done and well sorted and aside from the hard parts you have the interior. Plus one good front fender is almost worth what it'd cost to buy the car.

Shhhhhh!!!! You'll drive up the price.

Yes No Thank

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster