The all-new Front Page News Feed is now live   Read the announcement
MGExp

MG Engine Swaps Forum

Any one used Tuner CATS OBD1 V6 Software ?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Paul755 Paul H
Fairfax, VA, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB MkIII
1979 MG MGB MkIV "Nemesis"
hi, my wife was looking for a birthday present for me, and my brother suggested the Tuner CATS OBD1 package with the 3.4 V6 definition file ( I suspect because he wants to use it for his V6 project as well - cheap twat ) for my MGB V6 LS32 conversion project which is almost ready to fire up.
So, I am now the owner of Tuner CATS OBD1 package with the 3.4 V6 definition file. Any one used the Tuner CATS OBD1 product ?

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member
Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
Charles39 Avatar
Charles39 Charles l
mcdonald, TN, USA   USA
It is what I used to modify the data in the Camaro computer. Read the instructions several times to fully understand what goes on. Make sure the computer you have matches the system setup on your engine.

lots of information can be had, look at, fullthrottle.com, gearheadefi.com, 60degreev6.com, camarozone,???

make the backup of data in the ECM before changing anything.

hope something here helps.

come on down to our BritishV8 gathering in Wytheville, VA June 2-6 at the LaQuinta.

Regards

Yes No Thank
Paul755 Paul H
Fairfax, VA, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB MkIII
1979 MG MGB MkIV "Nemesis"
Thanks,
I have been playing around with the CATS application today on the bench ( actually the kitchen counter - the wife is away for the weekend smiling smiley )with my spare ECM. I did save a baseline file before I started. I do have the correct V6 definition file. I disabled the VATS and got rid of the AC related DTC's. I found it easier to run it in an XP SP3 virtual machine on my Windows 10 laptop
I will do some research on the sites you have listed to see what tweeks to the stock maps make sense.
I plan to be at Wytheville in June.

In reply to # 3898023 by Charles39 It is what I used to modify the data in the Camaro computer. Read the instructions several times to fully understand what goes on. Make sure the computer you have matches the system setup on your engine.

lots of information can be had, look at, fullthrottle.com, gearheadefi.com, 60degreev6.com, camarozone,???

make the backup of data in the ECM before changing anything.

hope something here helps.

come on down to our BritishV8 gathering in Wytheville, VA June 2-6 at the LaQuinta.

Regards

Yes No Thank
dpdeca Avatar
dpdeca Doug DeCarli
Moodus, CT, USA   USA
I've been using it for about 3 years now and I find it pretty easy to use. I had to contact customer support a couple of times and they've been very helpful. There's no phone number anywhere so you need to contact them via email but they respond pretty quickly.

Yes No Thank
Charles39 Avatar
Charles39 Charles l
mcdonald, TN, USA   USA
Paul, I left the A/C alone cause I run A/C on car. I have a setup that will increase the engine speed 150 RPM when I turn the A/C on. I made a small 5 volt supply that answers the ECM demands for A/C, like high, low pressure. I am running a 2 speed Volvo cooling fan and turn it on low speed when A/C is selected.

Lot can be done by just playing around with the settings.

Just make sure you provide ECM power when key switch is off, other wise the ECM will have to relearn after shut down.

Regards and see you in June

Yes No Thank

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1966 MG MGB MkI

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links