AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Boze Avatar
Boze Silver Member Rick Bosak
Twin Cities, MN, USA   USA
1966 Austin-Healey Sprite "Time Machine"
congrats on a huge milestone. Hopefully the weather will improve so you can do further shake down runs. Heat like that is no fun in a convertible.

66 Sprite, "though she be but little, she is fierce"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MG little person Avatar
MG little person Kyle Beck
Richland, WA, USA   USA
In reply to # 3781259 by nonracer 22.95 OD looks like it fills the well nicely .

Yeah it fits well but if you let the rear suspension hang the tire touches the front of the wheel well partly because I dont have limit straps on it any more.

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
In reply to # 3781264 by Boze congrats on a huge milestone. Hopefully the weather will improve so you can do further shake down runs. Heat like that is no fun in a convertible.

Yeah tonight I'm going to drive it work which is 20 miles one way and mostly all highway. Today I will put it back up on then lift and nut and bolt everything.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
nonracer Gold Member Steve Codianni
AZ, USA   USA
In reply to # 3781270 by MG little person
In reply to # 3781259 by nonracer 22.95 OD looks like it fills the well nicely .

Yeah it fits well but if you let the rear suspension hang the tire touches the front of the wheel well partly because I dont have limit straps on it any more.

That's only a problem when your airbourne grinning smiley

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
Haha very true. Drove it last night to work and I'm loving it more every mile I put on it.

58custom Avatar
58custom Tom Crocker
Santa Clarita, SoCal, USA   USA
What radiator fan are you using?

1969 MG Midget with Datsun A15/5 speed

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
It has a 10" pusher fan but with the aluminum radiator and all the piping the car never gets above 189° even in the 100° + eastern Washington heat so the fan has yet to come on haha

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
It has a 10" electric pusher fan but with the aluminum radiator and all the piping the car never gets above 189° even in the 100° + eastern Washington heat so the fan has yet to come on haha

GeorgeOhr Nonya Business
Yes, confused, USA   USA
In reply to # 3781090 by MG little person Thinking of getting all new springs for her. She seems a bit squishy. Also need to get a sway bar because mine never had one. And recommendations for a where to get a sway bar?

Moss has 3/4 bar and springs on sale but hurry as it ends on the 3rd. I have a 3/4 on mine and love it and we have bad roads here.

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
Moss has 3/4 bar and springs on sale but hurry as it ends on the 3rd. I have a 3/4 on mine and love it and we have bad roads here.
[/quote]

Yeah I saw that. Now does the 3/4 bar come with all the b.s. because I dont have any of the parts? Plus I was looking and my lower arms are not drilled for the sway bar so I will have to drill holes for it.

58custom Avatar
58custom Tom Crocker
Santa Clarita, SoCal, USA   USA
Re: swaybar, it has been noted many times on this forum, and experienced personally by myself, that a 3/4" bar can rip the bar mounts right off the frame rails. When I did my A15 swap I removed the mounts & all weldment and welded on 11 gauge sheet over the bottoms of the frame rail and reinstalled the mounts with a full weld bead all around. They ain't going nowhere now.

Congrats on the success of keeping that rocket cooled. I have not had as much success with my little A15. The first rad was a alloy Bugeye Ebay special like yours. Now I have a Bugeye Speedwell. Still gets hot when the ambient temps crest 90. I'd like to use a Rabbit rad and just end the madness but the mods to create the space and ducting for a hood & fender front end a pretty involved. I use a 10" puller fan.

In reply to # 3782226 by MG little person Moss has 3/4 bar and springs on sale but hurry as it ends on the 3rd. I have a 3/4 on mine and love it and we have bad roads here.

Yeah I saw that. Now does the 3/4 bar come with all the b.s. because I dont have any of the parts? Plus I was looking and my lower arms are not drilled for the sway bar so I will have to drill holes for it.
[/quote]

1969 MG Midget with Datsun A15/5 speed

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
That's a good idea about the mount I may do that. Living in the desert I dont have many windy roads where a sway bar will really come into play but will definitely make every day driving better.

As far as cooling beings the new motor is all aluminium I'm sure it helps keep temps manageable.

TCru Avatar
TCru Tom C
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
1968 MG Midget "Sold - Seeking Replacement..."
1972 Porsche 911 "Sold - Went Home To DE"
2016 Toyota Tacoma 4WD "My Current Daily (Bone Stock)"
Looks sweet, great job.
Any updates?

I'm about to try something similar but w/ a Ford Eco-boost.
I'm interested in any tips, ideas, crazy thoughts or warnings...

Old Chinese Proverb:
The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step…
Old Mechanics Proverb:
The building of a thousand cars begins with the first socket…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-05 07:46 PM by TCru.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster