Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

munstar Sam B
Boston, Mass., USA   USA
how is the fuel pump set up?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MG little person Avatar
MG little person Kyle Beck
Richland, WA, USA   USA
It has a low pressure pump pulling fuel out if the tank to fill a surge tank with a 044 high pressure pump that puts fuel to the motor

munstar Sam B
Boston, Mass., USA   USA
stock tank?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
Yep brand new stock tank.

Attachments:
20180304_082805.jpg    46.9 KB
20180304_082805.jpg

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
Here a few update pictures. It's getting down to the little things that take the longest time. Haha

Attachments:
20180616_151036.jpg    56.9 KB
20180616_151036.jpg

20180616_151001.jpg    51.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20180616_150955.jpg    52 KB
Boze Avatar
Boze Silver Member Rick Bosak
Twin Cities, MN, USA   USA
1966 Austin-Healey Sprite "Time Machine"
Fun to follow your project. Yeah those little things take forever and there sure are a lot of em.

66 Sprite, "though she be but little, she is fierce"

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
Yeah once the father in laws 442 is off my lift I will put the MG up on it and pull the rear end out to be used as a guide to have the for 7.5 rear end narrowed.

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
Well got the rearend back from the machine shop
Time to start cleaning everything up and get it put back together so I can measure for the axles. Should be back on the road in a couple weeks.

Attachments:
20180707_221811.jpg    41.7 KB
20180707_221811.jpg

nonracer Gold Member Steve Codianni
AZ, USA   USA
In reply to # 3769776 by MG little person Well got the rearend back from the machine shop
Time to start cleaning everything up and get it put back together so I can measure for the axles. Should be back on the road in a couple weeks.

What are you using for wheels and brakes ? looks like the stock rear is has wire wheels . Are you getting axles made with the MG bolt pattern ?

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
So it will have the stock ford ranger brakes. As far as wheels I'm going to run ranger wheels in the back with the stock 5x4.5 bolt pattern then run salt flat style hub cap all the way around. So it will have staggered wheels 13 in the front and 14 in the rear with matching hub caps with similar sized tires all the way around.

AZ, USA   USA
thumbs up

In reply to # 3769857 by MG little person So it will have the stock ford ranger brakes. As far as wheels I'm going to run ranger wheels in the back with the stock 5x4.5 bolt pattern then run salt flat style hub cap all the way around. So it will have staggered wheels 13 in the front and 14 in the rear with matching hub caps with similar sized tires all the way around.

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
Well got her on the road! Have put around 30 miles on it so far. Would have done more but it was 103° today. Everything seems ok. Thinking of getting all new springs for her. She seems a bit squishy. Also need to get a sway bar because mine never had one. And recommendations for a where to get a sway bar?

Cooling system is working awesome. Being 103 out it never got above 188° modern technology and that aluminum Ebay replacement radiator is doing amazing!

Rearend swap went very smooth and after a bit of wheel issues I got it worked out.

Attachments:
20180725_125115.jpg    52.5 KB
20180725_125115.jpg

20180725_124458.jpg    35.3 KB
20180725_120313.jpg    42.5 KB
AZ, USA   USA
What size rear tire did you end up with ?

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
Its 175/65/14. The front and rear tires are almost the exact same height but the rear is of course a little wider. The front is a 155 and rear is a 175. I have a set of hubcaps from mooneyes coming to cover up the fact that the front and rear wheels dont match.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-26 11:36 PM by MG little person.

AZ, USA   USA
22.95 OD looks like it fills the well nicely .

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster