Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MG little person Avatar
MG little person Kyle Beck
Richland, WA, USA   USA
OHey guys I'm just about to start my ecotec swap on my 65 midget. This will be a slow process due to not have enough time to really work on it but I hope to work on it as much as possible. Here are some details......motor is a 2.2 ecotec from a 2005 cavalier. The transmission is from a 2009 colorado with a pontiac solstice bell housing. Engine harness and ECM to be sent off soon to be cut down and the ECM flashed. More to come as I start mocking it up. Should be a screamer since the ecotec is 140hp stock.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-18 06:11 AM by MG little person.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20170716_114234.jpg    39.2 KB
20170716_114234.jpg

20170704_153635.jpg    48.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
65 BRG Sprite Avatar
65 BRG Sprite Kevin K
Pickerington, OH, USA   USA
What a wonderful workspace.

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
Thanks just put that lift in last week. It's been a dream of mine to have a lift.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
nonracer Gold Member Steve Codianni
AZ, USA   USA
Hi Kyle
I've got the same engine going in my 62 . I've come across some issues and found some things that may help ease the process. Let me know if I can help , mine isn't finished but the engine and trans are in . I used a Camaro T5 with an S10 tailshaft with a Quads4Rods bellhousing .

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
Yeah I would some advice on it. I've done alot of research and I couldn't find anyone doing the same swap. Shoot me an email @ kylebeck_34@yahoo.com.

AZ, USA   USA
There a thread here with some pics but I have hundreds, I researched it for months before pulling the trigger luckily I have a cavalier so I was able to check out the engine and dimensions before buying another one . It gets REALLLY BIG once it's in the engine bay

In reply to # 3554120 by MG little person Yeah I would some advice on it. I've done alot of research and I couldn't find anyone doing the same swap. Shoot me an email @ kylebeck_34@yahoo.com.

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
Yeah I knew I wanted to run that motor because no one else is so I knew I would have to make it work. My tranny will be here in a couple hours so I will have it all bolted up today hopefully.

AZ, USA   USA
That's one reason I did it , plenty of sand rails and VW buses use the Ecotec but not much else . You might find that transmission to be a bit long ( I don't know for sure ) I pushed my engine back pretty far and as low as I could go ( it still may stick above the hood ) . I'll email you instead of clogging up the thread with details unless everyone wants to read it .

In reply to # 3554137 by MG little person Yeah I knew I wanted to run that motor because no one else is so I knew I would have to make it work. My tranny will be here in a couple hours so I will have it all bolted up today hopefully.

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
Yeah shoot me an email.

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
Well the tranny got here earlier so I quickly tore the colorado bell housing off and bolted the solstice bell housing up then bolted the tranny to the motor. Looks like I will be doing some cutting of the tunnel!

Attachments:
20170718_102118.jpg    30.3 KB
20170718_102118.jpg

20170718_103613.jpg    27.3 KB
20170718_104412.jpg    35.4 KB
20170718_104420.jpg    40.2 KB
munstar Sam B
Boston, Mass., USA   USA
out of curiosity what is the height of the ecotec?

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
26 inches tall

jcd1026 Jason D
Erath, LA, USA   USA
1975 MG MGB "?"
1978 MG Midget MkIV "None, Yet"
Any updates?

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
Not to much other then getting the heater box cut out. Haven't had much free time these last couple weeks to work on it. To much family stuff going on like weekend trips and such.

Attachments:
20170726_100954.jpg    47.1 KB
20170726_100954.jpg

MG little person Avatar
Richland, WA, USA   USA
Well yesterday I got it rough cut out ready to start the process of putting it in and out 50 times and cutting a little here and a little there till it fits.

Attachments:
20170801_121900.jpg    58.8 KB
20170801_121900.jpg

20170801_121851.jpg    44.2 KB

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster