Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Price: $50
dbernius Doug Bernius
Metamora, USA   USA
Anyone have a manual choke conversion kit for 78 MGB. My automatic choke does not seem to work half the time, or can you buy one of these inexpensive choke kits like the sell on JCWhitney that works fine. I am not sure I want to spend 119.00 for what they sell at Moss and other place for higher. I know, not that bad, but really I am not sure it is worth 120 for it, but maybe it is.

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member
Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
twomanytriumphs Avatar
twomanytriumphs Gold Member Kyle Darby
Kelso, WA, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "My Baby"
1966 Triumph 2000 MkI "Bessie"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Princess"
1977 MG MGB
Only mod the PO did to my 77 was a manual choke kit. About a year after I got my mgb, a coworker brought me the entire intake, carb, etc from his 77 after it failed to start one morning after having the carb rebuilt. Kyle.

Yes No Thank
oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Gold Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
DOUG: I have installed quite a few of these over the years. They solve a lot of issues. BUT, they used to be about $40.00 I can't believe they are not over $120.00 WOW. Same identical part. BUT, ask in the WTB section, maybe someone who took off a Zenith has one for sale. All of the parts are well made and there is nothing to wear out. like gaskets or seals in the kit. Worth a shot.

In reply to # 3908326 by dbernius Anyone have a manual choke conversion kit for 78 MGB. My automatic choke does not seem to work half the time, or can you buy one of these inexpensive choke kits like the sell on JCWhitney that works fine. I am not sure I want to spend 119.00 for what they sell at Moss and other place for higher. I know, not that bad, but really I am not sure it is worth 120 for it, but maybe it is.

IN ALL SUBJECTS.: For those who believe, no proof is needed. For those who don’t believe, no proof is possible.

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough"
Sir Henry Royce
co-founder of Rolls Royce .

"BENJAMIN FRANKLIN" >>(Expanded) The bitterness of poor quality (or Crappy Workmenship) remains LONG AFTER the Sweet Taste of Low Price is forgotten.

Member Services:
Yes No Thank
forda2 Avatar
forda2 Silver Member Brian Martin
San Antonio, TX, USA   USA
Or get the choke rebuilt. You can do it yourself or have some one else do it. Not that much more expensive.

Yes No Thank

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster