AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Low miles, one owner 67 BGT [NC, USA]
Car For Sale MGB MGB GT
mhubbard Avatar
mhubbard Mike Hubbard
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
First off, this is not my car; however, I am gauging interest among you, the marque's faithful, to see if a good home can be found for an all-original & one-owner 1967 BGT.

This 52K original miles car was bought new, by my elderly neighbor, in Jacksonville, FL, soon after he returned from serving in Vietnam. He recalls picking it up not long after it arrived via the Jacksonville port - as the bumpers still had the goop meant to protect the chrome from the corrosive sea salt during its transatlantic voyage. Over the 52 years since, he's doted on his car and takes great pride in the fact that it has never been driven by anyone but himself. In a word, he has babied it the whole time.

It may appear a bit derelict now, but I actually saw this car driving about 3 or so years ago on the open road. I'm a bit unclear as to how long it has been since last run, but I can personally attest that it was driving 3-4 years back. Presently, I understand the batteries to be dead and the front tire is super-low on air. I'm certain that the gas is garbage at this point. I think the smart future owner of this car will be wise to conduct a very deliberate waking-up process on this car.

Please forgive me for not having more detailed knowledge of this car... I got my first real inspection of it over the weekend.

Now for the details:

Exterior Color: OEW [status: original paint - not in the best of shape... but original nonetheless!]
Body Condition: Really wonderful. there is no rust that I could see and only one area where a small incident had been repaired in the past
Seating: Black leather with red piping [also original. These are the Connolly hides that BMC was using before BL came in and went full-blown vinyl on us. They're nice but will need some sympathetic freshening]
Door Panels: Also Black with red piping. They look great!
Headliner: has tiny tears in it... but I would elect to keep if it were mine. No discoloration from what I saw
Carpet: it's mostly there, but nearly completely bleached by sun. [this is the one area of the interior I would have replaced completely]
Wheels: 14 inch original chrome spoke wheels with the nice early-style knock off hubs smiling smiley
Chrome: Nice
Dash: Beautiful, uncut steel dash with the original BMC AM radio. Also the gauges look great

I've attached a few photos I took the other day.... better ones to follow soon.

Again, I am selling this on my neighbor's behalf. I would snap it up myself if I had the space and time to dedicate to this intact survivor - hell, I might pull the trigger if none of you knuckle heads can give him a fair price! grinning smiley

PM me if you have any questions... I will try to answer to the best of my ability.

Serious offers will be relayed by me to the owner ASAP.

Thanks,
Mike H.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Exterior.jpg    38.8 KB
Exterior.jpg

Dash Pic.jpg    50.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Driver's Seat.jpg    50.8 KB
Engine Pic.jpg    52.7 KB
lbcnut Avatar
lbcnut James Woolf
Grass Valley, CA, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB
1967 MG MGB GT "Grampers"
Mike, that is my old neighbor Peter's car, I have been trying to buy it since I was 14 years old which was 14 years ago, please give him my number, 704-877-8566, he will know who I am. My parents can literally walk to his house in 10 minutes or so. I would really love to finally have a chance to own that car, I have never stopped thinking about it. Thanks, James Woolf

dela217 Avatar
dela217 Michael Delacerda
New Orleans, La, USA   USA
That is beautiful. I hope who ever ends up with it keeps it as is. I would.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mhubbard Avatar
mhubbard Mike Hubbard
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
Hey James,

Sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Mike

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-08 05:54 AM by mhubbard.

doxendine Donnie Oxendine
Huntingburg, IN, USA   USA
Is the car still in Fla?

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
I had an identical car back in the early 70's sans the steering wheel...loved it....go get it James..

mhubbard Avatar
mhubbard Mike Hubbard
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
In reply to # 3887834 by doxendine Is the car still in Fla?

No, it was in JAX for only a short time. Been in NC much of the rest of the time. Always a southeastern US car.

Bearsails Avatar
Bearsails Silver Member Michael Lippmann
Kingsville, Kingsville, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1968 MG MGC GT "Blewe"
1969 MG MGC GT "Uh Oh" (Rusty Red)"
1972 MG MGB "Betty"
1973 MG MGB GT "Trouble"    & more
What an awesome story that car has as well!

James sounds like you need to buy that car! Wake it up and continue to drive it just the way it is!

Very cool survivor...only original once... smiling smiley

MT-B Avatar
MT-B Matt T
City, NY, USA   USA
Get that thing to James ASAP, nobody would be a better caretaker of a great survivor like that.

lbcnut Avatar
lbcnut James Woolf
Grass Valley, CA, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB
1967 MG MGB GT "Grampers"
Well my dad went and talked to the owner today and was told that he has decided to sell the car to Mike.

I'm a little confused why this ad was posted, and disappointed to have missed out on the car after trying to buy it for almost half of my life, but wish Mike the best with the car and think it will complement his other GT very nicely. At least it is going to a good home!

mhubbard Avatar
mhubbard Mike Hubbard
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
Sold

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
Yo Mike you offer, tempt and tantalize us and one guy in particular with photos and pleas to find somebody to love this car...then you get barraged with sentiments as to who should be the next rightful owner with earned first right of refusals, then abracadabra poof bang you veritably pull the rug out from under all of us well wishers, do us a favor by not doing us anymore favors... I think you maybe trolled us to get a market value thru the carrot and stick trick....not good Kemosabe consider making good on your implied promise...thumbs down

NovasTaylor Avatar
NovasTaylor Tim Williams
Raleigh, NC, USA   USA
James, kudos to you for your composure after what transpired. Certainly no one is compelled to sell anything to anyone based on a potential buyer's desire or forum sentiment. However, I find myself agreeing with Mr. Wyatt (have I slipped into a parallel universe? smiling smiley ) and look forward to Mike explaining what really went down here.

- Tim

Tim W.
80 MGB LE "ZOM B"
73 MGB GT "Royale with Cheese"
71 Triumph TR6 "TRawler"
"Modern cars - they all look like electric shavers." - Marv (Sin City)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-08 06:27 PM by NovasTaylor.

GILMGA Avatar
GILMGA Silver Member Gil Dupre
CHATTANOOGA, TN, USA   USA
1962 MG MGA
1974 MG MGB GT
Ditto

In reply to # 3888204 by NovasTaylor James, kudos to you for your composure after what transpired. Certainly no one is compelled to sell anything to anyone based on a potential buyer's desire or forum sentiment. However, I find myself agreeing with Mr. Wyatt (have I slipped into a parallel universe? smiling smiley ) and look forward to Mike explaining what really went down here.

- Tim

Gil

Bearsails Avatar
Bearsails Silver Member Michael Lippmann
Kingsville, Kingsville, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1968 MG MGC GT "Blewe"
1969 MG MGC GT "Uh Oh" (Rusty Red)"
1972 MG MGB "Betty"
1973 MG MGB GT "Trouble"    & more
Sad...bad karma for sure....

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster