AutoShrine Sponsor

mgbanthony Avatar
mgbanthony Platinum Member Anthony Henderson
Gananoque, ON, Canada   CAN
1962 MG MGB
1962 MG MGB
1970 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB
Matched thickness intake and exhaust manifold pair. Needed for twin SU conversion on late model MGB.

Your choice of intake manifolds shown.

Exhaust manifold needs studs.

$99USD includes mail cost.
Paypal please

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-02 03:10 PM by mgbanthony.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_6444.JPG    50.7 KB
IMG_6444.JPG

IMG_6445.JPG    57.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
danny99unk Avatar
danny99unk Danny D
Dartmouth, NS, Canada   CAN
1970 MG MGB
1970 MG MGB "That Green Car"
Hi Anthony, I know someone who recently bought a 75, which had been partially converted to an SU setup. However, he has found that because of the positioning of the brake booster there is insufficient room for an air filter. Is it possible this would give him the extra clearance he needs. Failing that, I think he is considering converting back to the Weber setup if he can find all the needed bits at a reasonable price.

Danny

mgbanthony Avatar
mgbanthony Platinum Member Anthony Henderson
Gananoque, ON, Canada   CAN
1962 MG MGB
1962 MG MGB
1970 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB
In reply to # 3840884 by danny99unk Hi Anthony, I know someone who recently bought a 75, which had been partially converted to an SU setup. However, he has found that because of the positioning of the brake booster there is insufficient room for an air filter. Is it possible this would give him the extra clearance he needs. Failing that, I think he is considering converting back to the Weber setup if he can find all the needed bits at a reasonable price.

Danny

Hi Danny;
How's my favourite and best eastern seaboard customer?
Your friend's situation:
75s are a little tough as their brake booster is a one year only (big) design.
Is he using factory manifolds(both) ? If not, that may be the cause and these should solve it.
If he is using the factory manifolds, then shaving, or cutting down the black phenolic spacers and shortening the intake manifold, carb mounting studs is the best way to go at it. This can be done carefully with a belt sander, or a lathe.
You can take 3/8" off them, and that's all that is needed.
Moss also has a new cold air intake built for RBBconversions but I'd want to ask it it has been tested on a 75 specifically.
K and N also has a triangular shaped filter which I believe fixes the 75 problem.

Let me know if I can help.
Cheers
Anthony

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
pinkyponk Avatar
pinkyponk Gold Member Adrian Page
Berwick, NS, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 3840884 by danny99unk Hi Anthony, I know someone who recently bought a 75, which had been partially converted to an SU setup. However, he has found that because of the positioning of the brake booster there is insufficient room for an air filter. Is it possible this would give him the extra clearance he needs. Failing that, I think he is considering converting back to the Weber setup if he can find all the needed bits at a reasonable price.

Danny

Hey Danny! That GB engine I swapped you for is now screaming in my MGB! It's pumping out about 140 horses behind my supercharger. Thanks again for the small flywheel!

Adrian

Home built Eaton M62 Supercharger with 7.6psi boost, 8:1 compression, custom "supercharger" cam from Schneider Cams, Mikuni HSR48 Carburetor, cold air intake, ported head, matched manifolds, CB Performance computerized ignition, Fidanza 9 pound flywheel, Maxspeeding rods with Teflon wrist pin buttons.

danny99unk Avatar
danny99unk Danny D
Dartmouth, NS, Canada   CAN
1970 MG MGB
1970 MG MGB "That Green Car"
Wow ! Can I have it back now...it was just a loan, lol. Oh and anything you’ve attached to it. Yeah, like that’s gonna happen. Glad to hear your work is paying off. Must be quite the rush when you step on the gas. Next do that to a midget. They “feel” fast even when they’re slow.

Cheers Danny

pinkyponk Avatar
pinkyponk Gold Member Adrian Page
Berwick, NS, Canada   CAN
I'm doing it to a Bugeye next! Got any A series engine stuff?

Adrian

Home built Eaton M62 Supercharger with 7.6psi boost, 8:1 compression, custom "supercharger" cam from Schneider Cams, Mikuni HSR48 Carburetor, cold air intake, ported head, matched manifolds, CB Performance computerized ignition, Fidanza 9 pound flywheel, Maxspeeding rods with Teflon wrist pin buttons.

whm123 Avatar
whm123 Gold Member William Miller
Leonardo, NJ, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC ~ For Sale ! ~
1974 MG MGB MkIII ~ For Sale ! ~
1977 MG MGB "Old Yellow" ~ For Sale ! ~
1979 MG MGB "The Baby"    & more
Your friend should look at the Moss Cold Air Intake Runner which is designed to fit on a Rubber Bumper MGB that has been converted to a pair of SU carbs. K&N also sells a set of cone shaped filters that fit his needs.

Bill Miller
Car Finder LLC
bmillerreoinnj@comcast.net
732-778-3274

Member Services:
I buy, sell and broker collectible cars in the NJ, NY, Phily area. Is there a car you want, need to value or want to sell? If YES, call, 732-778-3274 or email, bmillerreoinnj@comcast.net to see how easy it is to work with Bill Miller Car Finder LLC.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster