AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Gary E Avatar
Gary E Silver Member Gary Edwards
Kernersville, NC, USA   USA
Bingo, ringo.. Been had a time or two.

Gary

Hammer: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate expensive car parts not far from the object we are trying to hit.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
GeorgeOhr Nonya Business
Yes, confused, USA   USA
I’ve had a few guys here ship before I paid and it really surprised me but I always paid them. I had to think for a minute if I was the perp but I wasn’t. It was going up for work and picking up the motors and trans he was giving away that didn’t happen. I had to revoke my boss’ privedges. winking smiley

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
...we all have...if you believe most people are good at heart, then you'll be had sooner or later...but it doesn't really shake the faith......................to much smoking smiley

In reply to # 3829076 by Gary E Bingo, ringo.. Been had a time or two.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Mark NC Gold Member Mark Woolf
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
In reply to # 3829175 by wyatt ...we all have...if you believe most people are good at heart, then you'll be had sooner or later...but it doesn't really shake the faith......................to much smoking smiley

In reply to # 3829076 by Gary E Bingo, ringo.. Been had a time or two.

Most of the people on this site are good people. And I'm very fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet many members in person-more than I can ever recall. And I'll know the odds are I'll be screwed over every so often. And I know I'm not perfect-no one is. In the past I can recall a couple of times I was remiss in paying people promptly. However I took RESPONSIBILITY, paid WITHOUT complaint and APOLOGIZED for my inaction.

I just don't expect it from someone who is an active member with thousands of posts, many being BST transactions. And his attitude that I'm somehow responsible for his lack of follow-thru and record keeping really makes me wonder about some people. I'm having a hard time understanding his logic and rationale.

As for faith........that's a topic for another time and forum.

As Mark Twain stated:
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

highwaydevil David H.
Denver, USA   USA
I think it's time for a public shaming so the rest of us don't sell to this particular person.

wyatt Avatar
...Mark is to honorable for that...

highwaydevil David H.
Denver, USA   USA
I realize that, I was just trying to prevent others from getting stung. Hope he sees his money.

ghnl Avatar
ghnl Silver Member Eric Russell
Mebane, NC, USA   USA
1961 MG MGA "Calvin"
Now you have me feeling guilty. And I don't think it was me...

Eric Russell ~ Mebane, NC
1961 MGA #61, 1981 Alfa Romeo GTV6, 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider, 1991 Honda ST1100

Mark NC Gold Member Mark Woolf
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
In reply to # 3829337 by ghnl Now you have me feeling guilty. And I don't think it was me...

It wasn't you Eric. Actually I owe you a great big thanks for getting the MGA bits from Stan W. earlier this year. I was afraid he was going to drop them off on my door step!

As Mark Twain stated:
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

59mgaguy Avatar
59mgaguy John Terschak
Wakeman, OH, USA   USA
1930 Ford Model A "Jenny"
1959 MG 14/28 "Jessie"
1974 MG MGB "Oooops"
I think of it like this. I try to be fair and honest same as most of us here. And I believe that old saying, "You can't take it with you when you die". Is wrong. Your reputation follows you in that hole with you.

Is it really worth a few bucks to ruin it? At lest you'll know now you'll never to sale or buy from that person.

John

ghnl Avatar
ghnl Silver Member Eric Russell
Mebane, NC, USA   USA
1961 MG MGA "Calvin"
In reply to # 3829341 by Mark NC It wasn't you Eric. Actually I owe you a great big thanks for getting the MGA bits from Stan W. earlier this year. I was afraid he was going to drop them off on my door step!

Whew!

I still have a lot of the bits I got from Stan. And more. See: https://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?42,3614321

Eric Russell ~ Mebane, NC
1961 MGA #61, 1981 Alfa Romeo GTV6, 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider, 1991 Honda ST1100

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
I agree, name names so the rest of us don't have the same thing happen to us.

And it has nothing to do with "honor". A crook is a crook and needs to be exposed.

In reply to # 3829324 by highwaydevil I think it's time for a public shaming so the rest of us don't sell to this particular person.

Gary E Avatar
Gary E Silver Member Gary Edwards
Kernersville, NC, USA   USA
Not totally dishonest but twice I had had people(not the same 20 commit to buying something and then disappear. In both cases when I relisted the item someone PM'd me saying that person had done the same to them.

Gary

Hammer: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate expensive car parts not far from the object we are trying to hit.

wyatt Avatar
BS, if this "crook" is such a crook he she it would have been called out a long time ago... shaming someone for titilations sake is just barely a grade above "crook"...eye rolling smiley

not to mention I think I have had about a month or better of that kind of non corroborated publicized sh+tsad smiley

In reply to # 3829385 by refisk I agree, name names so the rest of us don't have the same thing happen to us.

And it has nothing to do with "honor". A crook is a crook and needs to be exposed.

In reply to # 3829324 by highwaydevil I think it's time for a public shaming so the rest of us don't sell to this particular person.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-21 05:37 PM by wyatt.

bobputt Avatar
bobputt Bob Puttbach
Fort Myers, FL, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB
1979 MG MGB ~ For Sale ! ~
I am looking for MGB wire wheels. I was told you were a parts powerhouse and may have some for sale. If I am wrong forgive the intrusion If you have some please let me know. I am in Calabash,NC,tnx

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster