Don't You Just Love It When............... [NC, USA]

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Mark NC Gold Member Mark Woolf
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
a (well known) member is re-selling the same parts on the BST you gave him a really fair deal on. It was a really GREAT deal for him since he's never bothered to pay me for them-even though he said he would.

Oh well....eye rolling smiley

As Mark Twain stated:
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mgdaddy105 Avatar
mgdaddy105 Silver Member J. Guy Isabelle
Barre, Vermont, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB
No politics please

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-15 01:55 PM by Skye.

mgbanthony Avatar
mgbanthony Platinum Member Anthony Henderson
Gananoque, ON, Canada   CAN
1962 MG MGB
1962 MG MGB
1970 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB
Not guilty... smiling smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
Umm...not you...but Gary..smoking smiley..but after 3 years its legit,plus he's a GD dixiecrat .....and yer stuff is even more crap than my crap,cuz you sell it to cheap and make life tuff for us Motown boys to afford white castle burgers and a coke, so right off the bat we suspect its broken crap,so who wants it anyway.....plus us guys up north are carpet baggers and you guys down south are smoooth talkin giggilos/shiners who marry fer money then leave us with extra mouths to feed, while you eat catfish with RC cola...yuk.....and cotton is down to a quarter a pound.....just sayin.........smoking smiley

wyatt Avatar
...Oh and one more thing, you didn't get paid??? well I can lend you some cash...but I'll need three co-signers and 18% interest...grinning smiley

200mph Avatar
200mph Platinum Member Mike Joy
Winston-Salem, NC, USA   USA
I fail to see humor in this.

Mark Wolff is a good guy... he has probably given away more parts and good advice than most all of us; and the parts Mark does sell have always been very reasonably priced.

Sorry, Mark. Hope someone made an honest mistake and your post encourages him to settle up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-18 08:32 AM by 200mph.

wyatt Avatar
relax Mike, I agree whole heartedly....but I will also try to not let Mark stew about it without attempting to lighten his load....forum fratricide is NOT a good thing ....smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-18 09:32 AM by wyatt.

200mph Avatar
200mph Platinum Member Mike Joy
Winston-Salem, NC, USA   USA
Thanks Wyatt. LOL, you're right.

Nice avatar... 70's Camaro ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-18 09:59 AM by 200mph.

bleteaches6 Avatar
bleteaches6 Silver Member Lee Orphan
Bonney Lake, WA, USA   USA
Mark

I'm sorry to hear this. I guess some folks lack your integrity.

Wray Avatar
Wray Gold Member Wray Lemke
., SC, USA   USA
In reply to # 3827869 by 200mph Thanks Wyatt. LOL, you're right.

Nice avatar... 70's Camaro ?

That is the spittin image of the driver of a 90-ish Stang that pulled up next to me at the stoplight at the foot of the big bridge in Charleston. I was driving the Magnette and heard someone hollering. I looked over and saw the driver's hubby/boyfriend, missing front teeth and all, in the passenger seat, leaning over to ask me, "Hey! that's one of them Magnets ain't it?" I was surprised that he knew what the car was and hollered back, "yassir!", and gave him a thumbs up. The bored driver chick never looked over.

Mark NC Gold Member Mark Woolf
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
Well its been an interesting couple of days. My original post wasn't directed to just one individual but rather a small few who haven't followed thru with payment for items received. I've had several responses including a couple of members who did not owe me anything but were afraid they might have forgotten something. Standup guys in my opinion. One has made payment with a nice note of apology. Much appreciated.

Another miscreant sent me a somewhat condescending pm ending with the following comment "PS sold them for $35 (at a loss) since they were poor quality. Hmmmmm" Actually the tenor of his pm was that I was the one to blame for his not paying me.

Love that one because here's a response from him on 9-13 (after I sent him a pm asking him if they had arrived). His response "Sheesh, Mark. I’ve been delayed in responding due to xx xxxxxxx xxxxx. I got them and will be sending you a check. They are in fair-to-good condition. I was planning on sending you a $45 check. I hope that is sufficient. "

Two questions came immediately to mind: 1) How in just a few weeks did some items go from being in 'fair-to-good condition' to 'poor quality' and since he was in possession of them during the time in which they apparently deteriorated (and whatever caused them to deteriorate in such a short time, I have no idea?), how can I be held responsible? 2) How is he taking a loss on the sale if he hasn't paid for them. Is this new math or the the accounting method of a politician/government bureaucrat?

Forgive me, that was more than two questions-more like 4 or 5.

I did send him a response to his pm last night (which shows as being read) offering to open to his ideas and comments to resolve this. As of this point-in-time he has not responded.

Sorry I don't mean for this to come off as a rant. Actually I find his logic (or lack thereof) to be somewhat amusing.

As Mark Twain stated:
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

GeorgeOhr Nonya Business
Yes, confused, USA   USA
Got me to wondering too if I forgot to pay ya.... but I can’t even remember what for!

nonracer Gold Member Steve Codianni
AZ, USA   USA
Unfortunately this leads to getting paid first before shipping any parts . Most do business this way and buyers are not offended, if they are offended don’t sell to them . I’ve shipped things prior to receiving payment and have only gotten screwed once ( it was on this forum ) . Most of the time it’s not about the money it’s about the integrity but not all people have it .

59mgaguy Avatar
59mgaguy John Terschak
Wakeman, OH, USA   USA
1930 Ford Model A "Jenny"
1959 MG 14/28 "Jessie"
1974 MG MGB "Oooops"
Mark,

We all have to find someway to sub our MG habit. Same as what you are doing. I've been very lucky because a lot of times I send out the parts without receiving payment. Even giving away items needed by others. I'm what you call a trusting soul (till) So far I haven't been stiffed but once. And I don't know if it happen by accident or ?. A person came to my home to pick a large MGA part. One part that attaches was not to go with it and I placed that part in my garage off to the side. (I had that one sold to another person and told the person) The next day I found that part missing. I knew the guy was going to another person who sold MG parts out of state and got a hold of that seller. The out of state Seller and the guy who was to buy the part that was missing mange to get hold of the buyer. So the part ended up going to the person I promised it to. The person stated he thought the part went with the item he bought. I prefer to believe it was a mix up in communication.

I think most of those on the BS&T site are honest and I prefer to buy off that site more then anywhere else.

John

Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA   USA
In reply to # 3828851 by nonracer Unfortunately this leads to getting paid first before shipping any parts . Most do business this way and buyers are not offended, if they are offended don’t sell to them . I’ve shipped things prior to receiving payment and have only gotten screwed once ( it was on this forum ) . Most of the time it’s not about the money it’s about the integrity but not all people have it .

Bingo!
Rut

1960 Bugeye undergoing restoration, 1275
1970 MGB, Pale Primrose
1967 Triumph TR4a
1966 Triumph TR4a
When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life. John Lennon

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster