AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Jwpotts Avatar
Jwpotts James Potts
Lexington, Kentucky, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB
So about what to these cost?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Simon Austin Avatar
The link in #3 will have details. This kit is new circuit boards to replace the bulbs.

"Speed costs........how fast you want to spend?"

Cruisedon66 Avatar
Cruisedon66 Pete W
St. Louis, MO, USA   USA
1976 MG MGB
You might want to try and find a car that has "the Look" you want. A club member let me borrow some extra LED bulbs he had. I tried them and they threw a different light pattern than I liked. And as I said they also triggered my side marker lights to go on W/ brakes. I ended up buying mine from a local parts store and they worked great.
My front turn & marker lights are regular bulbs. That may be what is helping draw current to help the LED's in back work. I installed a relay for my brake lights.

I tested the LED's I got from the club member with my Ohm meter and couldn't find any difference from other LED's. There must be a circuit inside that's acting as a sneak current pathway.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
BMC Avatar
BMC Gold Member Brian Mc Cullough
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA   USA
For the MGB and other British cars with multiple sections to the tail light that Originally only lit brake and parking in a small area, Classic Auto LEDs light up the entire tail light. The upper half of that system alone- is better than anything else on the market and the full system is not really something to really even try to compare to the next best out there.

Classic Auto LEDs has been around for 10 years. We offered them through BMC for most of that time and now manufacture these. The website has not been updated but as of January 1st, 2017, these have a 10 year warranty on all automotive lights. I don't think anyone else stands behind their lights for more than a few months.

-BMC.

Member Services:
Minnesota's only Fully Dedicated British Classic only shop providing Professional Restoration & Services & Specialty Products including- proper L.E.D. tail lights, Wiring looms and Engine and five speed Conversion Kits
ohlord Avatar
ohlord Gold Member Rob C
North of Seattle, N.W., USA   USA
1957 Land Rover Series I "EYEYIYI"
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"
Way less than $250
http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?8,45760
and a CHMSL can be added to the trunk or other places

Less than $35 even with the 3watt Cree backup lamp that actually let's you see out back on dark nights.

"I'm a long way gone down this wild road I'm on
It's gonna take me where I'm bound
It's a long way around"

"These are the days that must happen to you"

RD2 Radar/ Electronic Warfare Technician
Vietnam 1969-1972

Attachments:
Third brake light and 3 watt Cree reverse light 1971 Bedouin MGB 001 (1).JPG    27.1 KB
Third brake light and 3 watt Cree reverse light  1971 Bedouin MGB 001 (1).JPG

KozyB Avatar
KozyB George Kozak
Philadelphia, PA, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB
I don't typically throw money at problems, but I bought and installed the BMC kit, and three years later, I am still amazed at how bright my rear running lights, turn signals, and brake lights are. The BMC kit has proven well worth my money for driving in Philadelphia traffic day-in and day-out.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1968 MG MGB Kit Car

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links