MGExp

Vendor Market

Acme Speed Shop DIY Engine Rebuilding Kits. Tons of parts evaluations, and engine rebuilding tips, RIGHT HERE IN THIS THREAD. Enjoy, and thank you for your continued support.

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Speedracer Avatar
Speedracer Platinum Member Hap Waldrop
Greenville, SC, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB Racecar "The Biscuit"
Acme Engine rebuilding Kits

Here at Acme Speed Shop, my main job is rebuilding street performance, and race MG engines, so I wanted to help DIYers with the entire process of engine rebuilding, and started offering Acme engine rebuild kits in 2007. I have helped many customers pick engine rebuild parts customized to their wants, and desires, but it's way more than just a parts sale, it's as much of a service as it is just a parts sale. If this interest you, then I suggest you call me before the disassembly of the engine, so I can tell you how to check a few things during that stage, that will help you later, and give you engine tech documents I've wrote about engine disassembly to accompany with your shop manual, also machine shop list, that helps you know what to take to machine shop, so you can interface with the machine shop, and determine what bores sizes and crank bearing sizes will be used, then we can order the parts. I'm also available to you thru the entire engine rebuild process via phone, text, and email, I even make myself available to you during most weekends if you need me. I source the parts from well known, and respected vendors at the same prices and shipping you would pay if searching for a deal yourself. What I found is there is no such thing as one stop shopping, I often use as many as 4-5 vendors thru the process. As I rebuild these engines every day, I know what works and what does not, and my advice is based on everyday experiences in my own shop rebuilding these engines, which is my everyday, full time job, I've built well over 100 MG engines.

So in a nutshell, I help you thru the disassembly stage, thru the machine shop stage, we order parts based on what has worked well for me and my professional rebuilds, and meets your needs, and wants. I help you thru the assembly stage, you pay competitive part prices from well known vendors, and you get me, a experienced professional MG engine builder to help you thru the entire process, and you don't pay one dime more for that. Many of you may only think of me as high end provider, and thats exactly what I build here at my shop, but I do offer more cost effective solutions for people on a tight budget, thru my actual engine rebuilding experience.

I also often times get involved in the prep of certain engine components to go along with these engine rebuild kits, a normal job for me in these kits, often includes me port and polishing your cylinder head, even crankshaft, connecting rods (resisizing, balancing, polishing/lightening) and so on, so I can assist you in component rebuilding on most jobs.

The engine rebuild kits can be anything from stock, to mild, to wild street performacne, to a even a full out race engine. From the the tight budget, to the all-out approach, I've done it all, and can help you with your project

This has became a popular service, I'm doing several of these engine rebuild kits each week now, and love helping you all thru this process, building engines, and enjoying doing that sort of work is what drove me to do this for living and start Acme Speed Shop in 2001, so sharing years of experiences with you brings as much joy to me as it does to you. Anyone interested, call or email me, and I can offer references if needed.

You'll always find my pricing to be very competitive, and the advice, and technical support that comes with the sale to be from real life experience.

I've included pictures of Acme's work. I would like to thank you all in your continued support of Acme Speed Shop. This has always been more of a passion, than just a job, so helping you all enjoy this like I do, is my goal.

Thanks again
Hap Waldrop

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
hapwaldrop@acmespeedshop.com

Edited 22 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 10:35 AM by Speedracer.

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Free Tech Advice - Alloy wheels for British Sport Cars,and others

Attachments:
fredenginebay.jpg    52.6 KB
fredenginebay.jpg

enginebay.jpg    37.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
frankssc1800-2.jpg    36.8 KB
mga1600-1.JPG    43.2 KB
1275crankbal.jpg    25.3 KB
mgbwedgecrnk.jpg    19.8 KB
jh-8.jpg    55 KB
jh-2.jpg    52.2 KB
mgc-1.jpg    56.9 KB
rr-4.jpg    40.2 KB
cp1275piston.jpg    46.1 KB
th2T7DUS9Y.jpg    14.5 KB
Speedracer Avatar
Free shipping on all engine rebuild kits over $750 in US 48 states.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-14 07:47 AM by Speedracer.

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Free Tech Advice - Alloy wheels for British Sport Cars,and others
chris Avatar
chris Platinum Member Chris Roop
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
Nice stuff! I build my own, but yours are veritable works of art!

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
Speedracer Avatar
Chris, thank you.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Member Services:
blackmgb Avatar
blackmgb Fred McConnell
McKinney, Texas, USA   USA
1992 Mazda Miata NA "MAC"
Here's his most recent piece of art. Finished and fired up last week.

Director, Fuels Marketing & Motorsports
www.sunoco.com
2012 SCCA FP MARRS Champion

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
67 engine.JPG    57 KB
67 engine.JPG

Speedracer Avatar
Thanks Fred, hope you enjoy it man smiling smiley

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Member Services:
Fairfield, CA, USA   USA
it would be an absolute shame to install one of those pretty things in my nasty car.<G>

1973 Pale Primrose Roadster. A nice 10-footer!
SUs, Datsun 5-speed

Speedracer Avatar
New offerings for the engine rebuild kits

APT reground nitrited camshafts, I normally exclusively use their steel billets, because that is al they have readily available, not that I'm against a properly done rehardened regrind, it's almost al I ever used in my race engines, but most reground cams these days, don't reharden the cams, thus making them soft and more apt to wear quickly, if properly renitrited they are better than the factory cams ever were, now I have a limited supply of nitrited APT reground cams, these every bit as god as the steel bilets and save you $100. These cams come with cam lube, and excelanet install and timing instructions as well as fully detailed spec sheet, something lacking many cams for sale on the market for our cars today.

CF-01 lifter sets, while these lifters are not as light and have no oil drain back hole like the more expensive C-04 lifter sets, they are the proper hardness for billet or hardened cam and are much more affordable.

Mahle Motorsport rod and main bearing sets for MG A series engine, when nothing but the best will do.

Make sure to check back here as I add to the list. I'm always looking for better and more options for my customers. feel free to call, pm, email if you have any questions, or want pricing or details on any of these listed parts

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-19 07:55 AM by Speedracer.

Member Services:
Speedracer Avatar
Deleted

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-13 06:01 AM by Speedracer.

Member Services:
Speedracer Avatar
Borg and Beck clutch kits available now with engine rebuild kits.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Member Services:
Speedracer Avatar
County replacment cylinder heads now available in the pre smog 12G1326 type casting meaning 42cc combustion chambers and no smog port bosses, but they do come with later type valves, retainer, and keeper style, dual springs, which is a good thing in my opinion. they also have the uprated valve seals on them as well.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-20 06:44 AM by Speedracer.

Member Services:
Speedracer Avatar
Deleted

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-13 06:02 AM by Speedracer.

Member Services:
Speedracer Avatar
So you want your LBC engine to rev quicker, reducing rotating engine mass is the very best way to do that, and aluminum flywheel is the easiest way to reduce rotating engine mass. Fidanza aluminum flywheels available, call for details.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Member Services:
Speedracer Avatar
Now offering Brad Penn Break In motor oil with engine rebuild kits, this oil is a 30WT non detergent oil that is 1200ppm ZDP oil, perfect for breaking in your new engine.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-15 02:23 PM by Speedracer.

Member Services:
Speedracer Avatar
Acme Speed shop now offering it own race cams for MGBs and Midgets, these are proven,and national championship winning cam grind, call for details.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-24 11:04 AM by Speedracer.

Member Services:
. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster