AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

mulpha Avatar
mulpha Gold Member Terrence Walters
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
1960 MG MGA 1600 "Shirley"
1974 MG MGB MkIII "Dorothy"
Calgary LBVers...

I've got a '74 MGB that needs a bunch of bits of attention, and a '60 MGA that needs several years' worth of hard labour, hard love, and hard cash. Figured I could step up to be the default host for our Members Helping Members activities so we can get back to some sort of regularity (I hear regularity is important as one gets older).

So, starting this Saturday Sept 9th, my place is the default for every other Saturday through to year-end.
If you have a project (repair, mod, troubleshooting, etc) and you'd like to take a turn hosting, just let me know and I'll make sure we show up at your place instead.

House Rules:
- bring your own 1st coffee (I'll have some available for 2nds)
- don't expect goodies, however there will likely be some if you're not too late
- bring coveralls if have'm
- there are no stupid questions, only stupid parts installed in stupid ways by stupid people that didn't ask questions
- okay to bring children (anyone under the age of 30) but expect them to be squeezed into tight spaces to retrieve dropped parts as required
- sending an email or text message that you'll be attending is appreciated but not required

If you're interested in attending any of these MHM mornings, please post a reply so that A) we know you're interested and B) you'll get updates when new replies are posted.
If you need my address, include that in the reply and I'll make sure you get it.

To start with, 'Dorothy' (MGB) needs:
- switch installed in the T-9 5-speed so that reverse lights work (I hope that's the problem!)
- valve adjustment
- someone to show me how to read timing ...I have two guns so would be good to find out if one, both or none of them work
...and lots more if there's time, heh!

Cheers,
Terrence Walters

http://www.terrencewalters.com/wordpress/74mgb/

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
djmorris Avatar
djmorris Dave Morris
Calgary, Canada   CAN
I'm not sure if my car needs work- it ran when parked winking smiley

It looks like I'll be in town this weekend, so I might stop by. Does your car have a Pertronix ignition? I've found they can be fussy about which timing lights they work with, so I'll bring one that's worked for me in the past.

BTW - I was originally planning to ride the road bike in the Kootenay Rockies Gran Fondo (http://www.krgf.ca/) this weekend, but it was cancelled due to the wildfires. The organizers made the right decision - the photo below was taken earlier this afternoon on 2nd avenue in Fernie, looking towards the ski hill. You can no longer see the moutains from town!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 09:33 PM by djmorris.

Attachments:
IMG_1199.JPG    31 KB
IMG_1199.JPG

mulpha Avatar
Brutal!
Yeah, I have a Pertronix... glad to have you bring an accurate one as a baseline, thanks!

T.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
djmorris Avatar
djmorris Dave Morris
Calgary, Canada   CAN
What time are you starting on Saturday?

I didn't see it above.

mulpha Avatar
9am... show up anytime through to noon!
I've added to our club's website calendar. I'll try to make sure any changes are noted there as well.

Cheers!
T..

In reply to # 3586921 by djmorris What time are you starting on Saturday?

I didn't see it above.

mulpha Avatar
Sounds like a couple of you are able to drop by - thanks!
This update is also a test for Dave checking blogtrotter settings....

Cheers,
T.

mulpha Avatar
Email sent to the club list just now... includes address and phone number.
Cheers,
Terrence

djmorris Avatar
djmorris Dave Morris
Calgary, Canada   CAN
Thanks for making this happen Terrence!

It was good to meet a couple of new members, and good to see as many T-Series owners as MGB owners in attendance.smileys with beer

djmorris Avatar
djmorris Dave Morris
Calgary, Canada   CAN
The highway cleanup is this Saturday, September 23. Will the MHM previously scheduled for this Saturday be cancelled?

mulpha Avatar
Yes! Canceling MHM for this week.
I'll update the club calendar to indicate so.

Thx, and hope to see everyone at the highway cleanup!
Terrence

In reply to # 3594380 by djmorris The highway cleanup is this Saturday, September 23. Will the MHM previously scheduled for this Saturday be cancelled?

mulpha Avatar
Back in business for this Saturday!!!
If no one else steps forward, we'll meet at my place again. Gimme a day to figure what's next on my hit list....

Cheers,
Terrence W.

mulpha Avatar
So my fuel pump sputtered to failure yesterday... appears it wanted attention this Saturday, heh!

I might start to tear it apart Friday night but I have a couple other things as well to look at on the car: tie-rod ends, steering gaiters and a couple other items.
Carbs could also use some checking but not sure whether to mess with them until pump is back installed.

Will have to wrap up just by noon so we can go visit the in-laws for the afternoon.
Show up anytime after 9am - cheers!

Terrence W.

mulpha Avatar
Success!
https://www.facebook.com/calgarymgclub/posts/954257481378873
I had the assistance of "The Reverend" John Twist's videos but he was no help eating the TimBits....

winking smiley

djmorris Avatar
djmorris Dave Morris
Calgary, Canada   CAN
From the sounds of that video, you had another helper besides the Reverend John. Glad to hear it worked out in the end!

mulpha Avatar
In reply to # 3607807 by djmorris From the sounds of that video, you had another helper besides the Reverend John. Glad to hear it worked out in the end!

Heh! Yup... although he's just a little 'gaffer' for now. No worries - I'll soon have him breathing toxic cleaning chemicals, and dust of ancient ground body metal and paints from the MGA...

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster