AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

7mg2 Avatar
7mg2 Andrew Hardie
Calgary, Alberta, Canada   CAN
1969 MG MGC GT "Mr "C"
1972 MG Midget MkIII
Azim, Helen, Donna and I left Calgary on the 9th July for this event on Vancouver Island, in one V8 MGB and one red MG Midget.
Night stops in Kelowna, Sidney and Ladysmith before the show on the 12th made the trip very enjoyable, though the 39c temperatures in the Okanagan had everyone and everything ( except my trusty Midget ) running very hot.

I'm adding points to my Moss Motoring Challenge tally as we go, and we get to enjoy a week at the beach in Parksville and trying to meet up with former Calgary Brit car owners, before heading home next week.

Here are some of the MMC pictures ( which some of you might have seen on Facebook already )

Andy

NAMGBR# 20-7738
AMGCRA# 1678

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <

Attachments:
image.jpg    39.1 KB
image.jpg

image.jpg    66.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
image.jpg    25.6 KB
image.jpg    36.7 KB
rj1106 Avatar
rj1106 Silver Member Mike Holtz
1964 Morgan 4/4
1990 Mini ERA Turbo "Nigel"
Ardith and I wish we were there. Serious card game is needed.

Mike H

MGBGTee Avatar
MGBGTee Gold Member Henri Lefebvre
Andy, Donna, Azim, Helen,

We wish you a great trip and good times, it looks great from the photos; Vancouver Island must be a blast in an MG.

Enjoy the great weather while it is raining here in Calgary; the rain almost makes Nicole and I want to hit the road again.

Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta

NAMGBR member 16-6307

71 MGB GT, Midnight Blue
80 TR8, Platinum Silver

djmorris Avatar
djmorris Dave Morris
Calgary, Canada   CAN
Great pics Andy, thanks for posting! Are you going to check out any of the smaller islands while you are there, or sticking to the big island?

7mg2 Avatar
7mg2 Andrew Hardie
1969 MG MGC GT "Mr "C"
1972 MG Midget MkIII
In reply to # 3039449 by djmorris Great pics Andy, thanks for posting! Are you going to check out any of the smaller islands while you are there, or sticking to the big island?

Big island only Dave. We've done Saltspring and the Sunshine Coast on previous trips, and will do the fantastic Duffy Lake road ( BC99 ) from Whistler/Pemberton to Lilloett on the return trip next week.
We did the twisties from Campbell River to Gold River ( BC28 ) yesterday, which was also a blast. The ladies can only take so much being thrown around in a LBC though, so we're back to more leisurely "sightseeing" until the BC99 leg.

Ran into Brian Fiddler ( who did the BritsBest art work for several years ) in Campbell River ( actually he chased us down..........saw us driving through town as we headed out onto the Gold River highway), which gave us the chance for a quick visit and a Moss Motoring Challenge photo op with him and his tow truck.
No pics of the rest of that trip, but is was a lot of fun. No, my car was not broken. It has been trouble free he entire trip, and averaged just about 35mpg. Haven't even had to add any oil yet.thumbs up

Andy

NAMGBR# 20-7738
AMGCRA# 1678

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 02:20 AM by 7mg2.

Attachments:
image.jpg    46.5 KB
image.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster