AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MGBGTee Avatar
MGBGTee Gold Member Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta, Canada   CAN
Day 1, June 3, 2015, 586 miles,

Leaving Calgary on a gloomy, rainy morning, heading for MG 2015 in Niagara Falls, Ontario. The MGBGTee is loaded with tools, spare parts and luggage and our goal today is Estevan SK. We leave around 7:30am and reach Estevan around 6:00pm. A very good driving day, light traffic, some rain early on then mostly cloudy and some sun. The MGBGTee is performing very well.
The weigh scale at Weyburn showed that the MGBGTee with two passengers weighs 1,280kg, 10kg less than the trek to Reno, NV in 2011; travelling light this time!
Tomorrow we will cross the border to North Dakota then head East.

Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta

NAMGBR member 16-6307

71 MGB GT, Midnight Blue
80 TR8, Platinum Silver

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
P1020811.JPG    44.7 KB
P1020811.JPG

P1020815.JPG    31.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
mulpha Avatar
mulpha Gold Member Terrence Walters
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
1960 MG MGA 1600 "Shirley"
1974 MG MGB MkIII "Dorothy"
Haha! Awesome! Probably the lightest that weigh scale has registered in a while. Great idea!

Bon voyage! Keep us in the loop....

Terrence

http://www.terrencewalters.com/wordpress/74mgb/

7mg2 Avatar
7mg2 Andrew Hardie
1969 MG MGC GT "Mr "C"
1972 MG Midget MkIII
Thinking of you this morning Henri et Nicole, as you cross the border at Portal ND and head east. Wish we were with you, drive safely.
The rest of the Calgary MG Club contingent fly from here on Saturday. See you in Niagara Falls.

Andy

NAMGBR# 20-7738
AMGCRA# 1678

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
yycdave Avatar
yycdave Dave More
1976 Triumph TR6 "Miles"
Bon voyage, mes amis!

MGBGTee Avatar
Day 2, Jun 4, 450 miles, Bemidji, MN

Good day for a drive, some sun, some clouds, light traffic, lots of prairie and flat land.
The surprise? Rugby, ND, the Geographical Centre of North America! Who knew? We certainly did not!
Once we crossed into Minnesota, the landscape was a bit more varied and large insects (dragonflies?) were bombing the MGBGTee's front and windshield, kamikaze style; I could hardly see through the windshield as we arrived in Bemigji; very glad I installed a bug screen across the front grille. We decided to call it a day.

Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta

NAMGBR member 16-6307

71 MGB GT, Midnight Blue
80 TR8, Platinum Silver

Attachments:
P1020821.JPG    46.6 KB
P1020821.JPG

miccon Avatar
miccon Mike Connolley
Millet, Alberta, Canada   CAN
1951 MG TD
1979 MG MGB
1980 MG MGB
1995 MG MGF    & more
we are following your Tracks Henri...well almost!
Frank and I left Millet around 9.30 and aside from hiccups with construction, detours and following slow moving houses,
we arrived safely in Estevan this evening. Tomorrow we are heading for Grand Rapids, then Mackinaw City on Saturday,
hopefully arriving in Niagra Sunday Evening.

Just to confuse you neither of the MGF;s are red should you see one closing in your rear view mirror
We hope to see you safe and sound in Niagra... time for a beer then!!

Driving an MG is a life changing Experience....... Every Time

Canadian Modern MG Rover Car Club - www.cmmgrcc.org Check out the New World

Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club... Hood Down on the Prairies

MGBGTee Avatar
Day 3, Jun 5, 415 miles, Marquette, MI

Today we left the prairies to enter the forested areas and the Great Lakes region. Logging trucks replaced farm implements in terms of machinery and the distant views of the farmlands are replaced by roads that are cut through forests, including the Ottawa National Forest, supplemented by the occasional glimpse of lakes and Lake Superior. The weather was excellent for driving, the average speed much lower because of road construction and many town and settlements.

1,450 miles to date at an average 33.0 mpg.

Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta

NAMGBR member 16-6307

71 MGB GT, Midnight Blue
80 TR8, Platinum Silver

MGBGTee Avatar
Day 4, Jun 6, 460 miles, Sarnia, Ontario

Excellent driving day, good mix of sun and clouds, fast driving partly on I 75.
Overnight in Sarnia; tomorrow the last stretch to Niagara Falls, should be a nice country drive through southern Ontario.

Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta

NAMGBR member 16-6307

71 MGB GT, Midnight Blue
80 TR8, Platinum Silver

MGBGTee Avatar
Day 5, Jun 7, 222 miles, Americana Resort, Niagara Falls, Ontario.

A beautiful sunny day and lazy driving through country roads of Southern Ontario, and we arrived at our destination mid-afternoon.

A total of 2,133 enjoyable miles to our destination. Now we plan to sit back and enjoy the MG 2015 activities and festivities over the upcoming week.

Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta

NAMGBR member 16-6307

71 MGB GT, Midnight Blue
80 TR8, Platinum Silver

yycdave Avatar
yycdave Dave More
1976 Triumph TR6 "Miles"
Glad you had what sounds like a fantastic trip. Enjoy the week and the event!

MGBGTee Avatar
Day 6, Jun 8, 35 miles, Niagara Falls, Ontario.

A cloudy day with periods of rain. The Calgary group, Gord & Linda, Azim & Helen, Andy & Donna and Nicole & I gathered for breakfast. Afterwards, we took at scenic drive along the river parkway to Niagara-on-the-Lake. Some touristing and browsing in the town followed by lunch. After lunch Nicole and I did a bit more browsing then took a leisurely drive back, stopping at the Riverview winery for a tasting. The winery is a small winery with a full range of excellent wines and focused mostly on the local market. Back at the resort, the weather was dry and I decided it was a good time to wash off the grime, accumulated during the trip, off the GT. In the evening the group gathered for snacks etc. and planning for the upcoming days.

Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta

NAMGBR member 16-6307

71 MGB GT, Midnight Blue
80 TR8, Platinum Silver

MGBGTee Avatar
Day 7, Jun 9, 0 miles, Niagara Falls, Ontario.

Total R & R today. After a leisurely breakfast, it was time for a two hour presentation by David Braun titled ‘Tuning by Numbers’; this presentation was attended by four Calgary MG Club members who will be bringing some of the knowledge back to Calgary. In the afternoon I attended the presentation and demo sponsored by Auto Glym; I learned a few tricks to prepare the GT for shows (and separate myself from my savings!). The weather was a mix of sun and light rain which challenged the Auto Glym demo on an MGF.
An early night because Day 8 is the Big Show, and an early rise will be de rigueur.

Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta

NAMGBR member 16-6307

71 MGB GT, Midnight Blue
80 TR8, Platinum Silver

MGBGTee Avatar
Day 8, Jun 10, 44 miles, Niagara Falls, Ontario.

The day started with a beautiful sunshine as we gathered in groups to drive to Ball’s Falls Conservation Park for the Big MG 2015 Show. After a scenic 45 minute drive we parked in our designated area and polished away some of the road grime. Then it was time to walk the park and admire all the great MGB’s and other MG’s assembled at the show, in a beautiful setting.

There was a midday shower and most attendees gathered in a barn adapted for large groups, then it soon cleared again and the sun dried the cars in no time. As usual at these shows the voting was a challenge to pick one entry among all the great ones in each class.
I spotted one TR6 in the visitor parking area and it happened to be a fellow member of 6-Pack whom I met a few years ago in Toronto; at that time Ken gave me a ride, and let me drive, his ‘special’ TR6 which is powered by a 5.7L EFI Trans-Am engine; it was great to catch-up and chat.
We took a few minutes of the afternoon to visit the lower falls in the park and the old flour mill that was built in 1809, part of the historical village at Ball’s Falls.
To wrap-up the afternoon, we had a leisurely drive back to the resort after the show.

Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta

NAMGBR member 16-6307

71 MGB GT, Midnight Blue
80 TR8, Platinum Silver

Attachments:
P1000787.JPG    71.2 KB
P1000787.JPG

P1000869.JPG    82.3 KB
P1000867.JPG    102 KB
MGBGTee Avatar
Day 9, Jun 11, 0 miles, Niagara Falls, Ontario.

The day after the show; a sunny day and a few more MG related presentations. One of the sessions is outside with an MG RV8 and MGF; the owners and colleagues are discussing the history and technical details of these two later models.
Note: one Calgary member was paying very close attention to all the comments and asking questions, and probably taking a lot of mental notes!
The evening was the awards banquet preceded by a mesmerising magic show by Greg Frewin. The show included many cards tricks, tigers appearing out of nowhere, doves and parrots flying by and more; a truly excellent performance.

Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta

NAMGBR member 16-6307

71 MGB GT, Midnight Blue
80 TR8, Platinum Silver

MGBGTee Avatar
Day 10, Jun 12, 363 miles, Gatineau, Québec.

Although we had planned to stay in Niagara Falls until Saturday, June 13th, given the questionable weather forecast, we decided to leave for Gatineau, QC, this morning. We left Niagara around 11am, knowing that we would hit some rainy weather along the way. A few miles east of Toronto the rain started in earnest and stayed with us for the next five hours until our destination in Gatineau. At times the rain was so intense that it felt like driving through a car wash for miles and miles. We arrived in Gatineau in late afternoon and we were very happy to settle down for a few days. Over the next week we will be visiting family and friends in the area.

Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta

NAMGBR member 16-6307

71 MGB GT, Midnight Blue
80 TR8, Platinum Silver

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster