Welcome to our Club

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

CooperTune Steve Gibbs
Newport News, Virginia, USA   USA
Greg, my name is Steve Gibbs and I have a shop in Hampton, Va. My focus is Classic Minis and has been since the late 60s. Over the last few of years a couple of my customers have gotten into MGBs. One has a super charged B GT and the young lady has a rubber bumper B. I have taken on suspension, brakes and engine work for them. If you would like to talk about your needs give me a ring. My cell number is 757 88O 92 eight 3. Regards Steve (CTR)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
starkeyg greg starkey
virginia beach, virginia, USA   USA
Tom, Steve & Dave,
Thanks for the information and I'll check it out. I plan to join the TMGC it sounds like a lot of fun.

r, Greg

rundjk Avatar
rundjk David Kinsey
Virginia Beach, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Runaway"
Greg - try to come to the next meeting as it should be a really great time. It's our annual meeting at the Ocean View Pier, on the upper deck. Good food, beverages and a great view. We think it will be Sept. 2. Was set for 9/3 but we're trying to move it back a day to Tuesday to accommodate those of us headed to the Watkins Glen Vintage Grand Prix on Wednesday. Track the club on www.mg.org

Safety Fast!
David

David J. Kinsey
Virginia Beach
Tidewater MG Classics
1980 MGB "Runaway"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Dbrm26 Dan M.
Seaford, Virginia, USA   USA
Folks,

I am in the process of rebuilding a 1967 MGB GT. Without much of a background with the MGs I dug in with both hands. I have stripped the car down, replaced the rockers, the floor pans, both outer wheel wells, and both rear quarters. I have the engine about ready to come out. I want to rebuild the car myself but I am looking for a trustworthy machine shop who are familiar with the 1800. Any suggestions? Also I saw you were having a meeting in my town of Seaford and was wondering if I could just show up or go through the membership process first. Auy assistance would be most appreciated.

80B-VA Avatar
80B-VA Tad Carter
Virginia Beach, VA, USA   USA
PM sent.

rundjk Avatar
rundjk David Kinsey
Virginia Beach, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Runaway"
Dan - the folks that rebuilt the 1800 in my 1980 MGB are Abacus Racing on Baker Rd in Va Beach. Bob is a mechanic very experienced in vintage British cars and Chuck runs the machine shop, which turns out great engine work from stock to race. They have my highest recommendation.

Plus, whatever Tad said is also quality advice!

David

David J. Kinsey
Virginia Beach
Tidewater MG Classics
1980 MGB "Runaway"

Dbrm26 Dan M.
Seaford, Virginia, USA   USA
Thank you for the recommendation I will be sure to use them for my engine work.

Dan

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster