AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

notyet-MG Avatar
notyet-MG Steve LaPaugh
Newport News, VA, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB
I had great service from Steve's Radiator Service on Rt. 17 in Yorktown. They cleaned, repaired and rust proofed my gas tank. They also added a drain plug at no extra chage. Total cost for my B gas tank was about $200. Well worth the money. (757) 867-8812.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
tckjr Thomas Keiningham jr
Virginia Beach, Va., USA   USA
I saw you recently on that website!

Tommy K.

soucorp Avatar
soucorp Mike Sou
Gainesville, VA, USA   USA
1969 MG Midget MkIII "Soucorp"
Hello,
I was wondering if there was a MG club in Northern VA, as much as I would love to join the Tidewater Club, you guys are 3 hours away.
Thanks,

Mike

rundjk Avatar
rundjk David Kinsey
Virginia Beach, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Runaway"
Mike, there is a Central Virginia British Car Club headquartered in Richmond. I'm sure there is one in Northern Virginia/Maryland but don't know a name. Oh, and congrats on "getting the chick", looks like a keeper. smileys with beer

David J. Kinsey
Virginia Beach
Tidewater MG Classics
1980 MGB "Runaway"

soucorp Avatar
soucorp Mike Sou
Gainesville, VA, USA   USA
1969 MG Midget MkIII "Soucorp"
In reply to # 2174937 by rundjk Mike, there is a Central Virginia British Car Club headquartered in Richmond. I'm sure there is one in Northern Virginia/Maryland but don't know a name. Oh, and congrats on "getting the chick", looks like a keeper. smileys with beer

Thanks David, I will search around for a club up here, even Richmond is a good hour and a half from me. I frequent Katie's Coffee house in Great Falls VA on some Saturdays-big C&C event place, will try asking them. BTW, you got to see the episode if you haven't yet, Captain slow is James May from Top Gear UK, professor gets the hot chic and the other two gets a midget and a spanish speaking driver during a Classic car rally. Funny stuff!

video here:

Cheers,

-Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-20 08:38 AM by soucorp.

Attachments:
topgear.png    190.3 KB
topgear.png

arkay Ronn Kilby
El Cajon, California, USA   USA
Smashing little video there - but why can't that British chap shift gears without a clutch? One of the first skills I taught my son when he learned to drive. Like good sex, it's all about the timing. What a jolly wanker that one.

ACE2 Robert Kinzey
Palm Bay, Florida, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB
Beautiful cars. I bought my 70 in VA Beach in 1995.

59mgaguy Avatar
59mgaguy John Terschak
Wakeman, Ohio, USA   USA
1930 Ford Model A "Jenny"
1959 MG 14/28 "Jessie"
1974 MG MGB "Oooops"
Just got back from the Tech session today. Only one person worked on their car and that was Sue Bonds on her TC. I asked and got to ride in her car. All I can say was I was not only thrilled by the ride but I was green with envy. Too bad I didn't have someone to drive my car back to North Carolina. Sue told me she would have driven me home. (About 90 miles)

Attachments:
Sue's 48 MGTC 003.jpg    51.1 KB
Sue's 48 MGTC 003.jpg

rggavmge Avatar
rggavmge roy gavilan
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB "Cecilia"
1974 MG MGB MkIII "Ruby"
In reply to # 2174937 by rundjk Mike, there is a Central Virginia British Car Club headquartered in Richmond. I'm sure there is one in Northern Virginia/Maryland but don't know a name. Oh, and congrats on "getting the chick", looks like a keeper. smileys with beer

There is a MG car club in DC :
DC MG car club

CooperTune Steve Gibbs
Newport News, Virginia, USA   USA
My name is Steve Gibbs, I own a small shop in Hampton Va. I have been working on Classic Mini Coopers ( not BMW cars ) for years. I also work on some Lotus cars for locals. I have recently been called upon to work on a MGB. I'm more a suspension, brakes and power unit guy. I recently did a rings, rod bearings complete valve job (guides valves hard exhaust seats) cam and lifters timing chain job. If you have some small jobs that are more than you can handle please contact me. I'm looking to buy a MGB and may need a club. Steve (CTR)

rggavmge Avatar
rggavmge roy gavilan
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB "Cecilia"
1974 MG MGB MkIII "Ruby"
In reply to # 2533179 by CooperTune My name is Steve Gibbs, I own a small shop in Hampton Va. I have been working on Classic Mini Coopers ( not BMW cars ) for years. I also work on some Lotus cars for locals. I have recently been called upon to work on a MGB. I'm more a suspension, brakes and power unit guy. I recently did a rings, rod bearings complete valve job (guides valves hard exhaust seats) cam and lifters timing chain job. If you have some small jobs that are more than you can handle please contact me. I'm looking to buy a MGB and may need a club. Steve (CTR)

Steve, There are two clubs in your area:

Williamsburg British Car Club WBCC

Tidewater MG Classics TMGC

pspeaks Avatar
pspeaks Paul Speaks
Dallas, Texas, USA   USA
Just wanted to say hello. I was a member in the early 90's and loved it but was transferred to California. Still have my BGT and wouldn't take for it. Thrilled to hear the club is still active.

Paul

starkeyg greg starkey
virginia beach, virginia, USA   USA
Craig,
I live in Virginia Beach and am restroring my 1974 MGB. In the past have taken the car to Louis Foreign Car & Son 0n 517 Virginia Beach Blvd. He recently hasn't been open for some time with an illness. Would you happen to have any suggestions and recommendation on any other reliable and experience MG mechanics in the area?

r, Greg

rundjk Avatar
rundjk David Kinsey
Virginia Beach, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Runaway"
Greg - go see Bob at Abacus Racing in Virginia Beach and tell him I sent you. Great guy; does all the work I can't do and gives me good tips to help me get done the stuff I can handle.

David

David J. Kinsey
Virginia Beach
Tidewater MG Classics
1980 MGB "Runaway"

tckjr Thomas Keiningham jr
Virginia Beach, Va., USA   USA
Or join TMGC and look up a member who does work on the side!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster