AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

BRAVO-4 Avatar
BRAVO-4 CRAIG PURYEAR
norfolk, virginia, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB "The Killer Tomato"
1979 MG MGB "MAURICE"
Check out our club at http://www.mg.org

If you are ever in the Tidewater Virginia area and want to check us out we would love to have you or assist you with any information you might need.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
tmgcbadger1.gif    36.8 KB
tmgcbadger1.gif

BRAVO-4 Avatar
BRAVO-4 CRAIG PURYEAR
1979 MG MGB "MAURICE"
Here's a pic of us doing what comes natural.

Attachments:
julymeetingtmgc.jpg    66.6 KB
julymeetingtmgc.jpg

em754 Avatar
em754 Eric Martin
Jannali, Australia   AUS
Looks like you fellas have a lot of fun!

1967 MGB Roadster
1969 MGC GT
1998 MGF 1.8 mpi

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
BRAVO-4 Avatar
BRAVO-4 CRAIG PURYEAR
1979 MG MGB "MAURICE"
Here is a picture that is pretty cool of three older MG's at our last drive-out, which was a two state drive of Virginia and North Carolina.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-17 07:23 PM by BRAVO-4.

Attachments:
tmgc 3amigos.jpg    39.5 KB
tmgc 3amigos.jpg

BRG David Avatar
BRG David David Kinsey
Virginia Beach, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB
Thanks to Craig and Mike for setting this up for us. Great idea. Good Tech Session at Jim's house this weekend; I appreciated all the help on my unknown distributor (was gonna put Pertronix ignition in it but it isn't a 45D, or a 25D, or anything anyone could figure out!). Got it back together and running again after Frank found a separated wire - thanks Frank! It wasn't running as nicely as before so I agonized for two days, went online and read about the relationship between point gap and timing, then went back under the hood and closed the points gap just a hair...voila! Perfect. Smooth idle. Nice bay-area drive to celebrate. :-)

Shinsen774 Avatar
Shinsen774 Jim '64MGB
Glen Allen, Virginia, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB
2003 Mazda MX-5 NB "Shinsen Version #774"
Time is running out for all of you folks in Tidewater to sign up for the September 19th show in New Kent. Don't miss it!

www.classicsonthegreen.com

1964 MGB Tourer
Central Virginia British Car Club
www.britishcarclub.com

BRAVO-4 Avatar
BRAVO-4 CRAIG PURYEAR
1979 MG MGB "MAURICE"
See David , when Frank starts grumbling, it's time to start paying attention. We sure have a bunch of great folks in the TMGC club we are truly blessed with tons of experience, I wish we could have monthly tech sessions. Here is the partial line-up at our most recent Tech Session.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-18 04:15 PM by BRAVO-4.

Attachments:
techsessionlineup.jpg    61.9 KB
techsessionlineup.jpg

jedihobbit Joel Bilbo
Central Virginia, USA   USA
As your's seems the closest, what options does my wife have for a local club in Richmond??? She picked up a prestine '79 Midget...

Then again seems to have been very little activity recently in the forum for y'all.

rundjk Avatar
rundjk David Kinsey
1980 MG MGB "Runaway"
Probably this one, Joel. http://www.britishcarclub.com/

You've got some really great driving roads up there! Put a flag on that Midget if you're not driving with the club, though, because we're sorta like motorcycles, people just don't see our cars, especially the Midgets.

BRAVO-4 Avatar
BRAVO-4 CRAIG PURYEAR
1979 MG MGB "MAURICE"
In reply to a post by jedihobbit
Then again seems to have been very little activity recently in the forum for y'all.

I guess alot of the members are too busy driving their MG's so they haven't discovered this forum yet, don't let the forum activity fool you, this is a very active club that are always doing things together.

rundjk Avatar
rundjk David Kinsey
1980 MG MGB "Runaway"
I have not been active on the club site because I'm overseas, but I'm very active on the overall MGE site with questions. Wonder if there is a way to copy MGE posts automatically to the club page? Could be no one really wants that, but I don't have time to post every message on the club site with separate topics, etc, but have been curious if any of my own "peeps" had input on my questions.

David

rggavmge Avatar
rggavmge roy gavilan
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB "Cecilia"
1974 MG MGB MkIII "Ruby"
I enjoyed the Wings and Wheels show. Here is a pic of "My Baby" Going to the Heacock antique car races at VIR in Danville, Va on Nov 5th....see you there if you are going.

Attachments:
Roy & Janice.jpg    52.6 KB
Roy & Janice.jpg

rundjk Avatar
rundjk David Kinsey
1980 MG MGB "Runaway"
I will be there with my son (and my car), Roy, and I think there are a half dozen other TMGC members going as well. See you there!

David

tcecity Olav Saboe
Elizabeth City, NC, USA   USA
Greetings. I'm new to the area and have a '47 TC. I need to clean and seal my fuel tank. Wondering if anyone's got any recommendations for a good shop in the Tidewater area to help with the tank? Thanks.

BRAVO-4 Avatar
BRAVO-4 CRAIG PURYEAR
1979 MG MGB "MAURICE"
If you can get ahold of Bob Stien at a meeting he also has a TC and it is a national award winner, I am sure he can point you in the right direction. Welcome

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster