AutoShrine Sponsor

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Hello again, one last feature before the new year...

You can now easily sign into your account via the "Sign In with Facebook" button.

This makes signing into MGExp a one-click operation (assuming you're already logged into Facebook)
The first time, you'll be asked to grant permission to the AutoShrine.com Login app, that's the parent website that I develop everything under.

Important Note: Your Facebook primary email must be the same as your MGExp account email, otherwise you'll be prompted to register a new account.

Please don't create a duplicate account! You can update your MGExp email address from the My Account -> Edit My Account menu

As usual, if there are any issues with the new feature please let me know in this topic, or by creating a support ticket via the "Send us a message" link at the bottom of any page.

Happy Holidays,
Skye Nott
Webmaster

Webmaster, The MG Experience
AutoShrine.com - Corvus Digital

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
Donthuis Avatar
Donthuis Don van Riet
Rijswijk, ZH, Netherlands   NLD
I sometimes use this FB log-in on other sites, recognising and admitting there is an implicit agreement to share customer data bothways. So your facility will not be any different in this respect.

IMHO your existing tracking facilities are more than enough for database marketing purposes, your site is the best one in following up my interests by other existing or potential suppliers eye rolling smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
The demographic information provided by Facebook is far less than what's already available from Google Analytics, the only information the Login app is granted access to is listed in the "authorization" screen presented the first time you click (i.e. public profile/name & avatar photo, email address for looking up your account, current city for creating an account if you don't already have one, and a list of your Facebook friends - but only the ones that have also authorized the AutoShrine Login app). No information about your MGExp activity is shared back to Facebook other than a login event.

Skye

In reply to # 3650270 by Donthuis I sometimes use this FB log-in on other sites, recognising and admitting there is an implicit agreement to share customer data bothways. So your facility will not be any different in this respect.

IMHO your existing tracking facilities are more than enough for database marketing purposes, your site is the best one in following up my interests by other existing or potential suppliers eye rolling smiley

Webmaster, The MG Experience
AutoShrine.com - Corvus Digital

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
Donthuis Avatar
Donthuis Don van Riet
Thanks for the prompt reply Skye, everything is clear to me now: what FB does not get, can not be used. That authorisation on behalf of MGE implies an interest in the MGB is already openly presented on my own FB home page (in Dutch). And in the same manner also on YouTube indirectly under the same username Donthuis. cool smiley

All the best for 2018 BTW.. thumbs up

In reply to # 3650428 by Skye The demographic information provided by Facebook is far less than what's already available from Google Analytics, the only information the Login app is granted access to is listed in the "authorization" screen presented the first time you click (i.e. public profile/name & avatar photo, email address for looking up your account, current city for creating an account if you don't already have one, and a list of your Facebook friends - but only the ones that have also authorized the AutoShrine Login app). No information about your MGExp activity is shared back to Facebook other than a login event.

Skye

In reply to # 3650270 by Donthuis I sometimes use this FB log-in on other sites, recognising and admitting there is an implicit agreement to share customer data bothways. So your facility will not be any different in this respect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-23 03:21 PM by Donthuis.

AzMarc Avatar
AzMarc Platinum Member Marc F.
Phoenix, Arizona, USA   USA
1963 MG MGB "Fixty Three"
1980 MG MGB
Large Multinational Corporations are investing huge sums in data analytics (ask me how I know) and this is an area where lots of jobs will be filled in the very near future. The Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) will be very much connected to data analytics and you can bet that your browsing habits are collected and analyzed...

Walk on air against your better judgement - Seamus Heaney

Check out http://earlymgb.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
auctionwatch Avatar
auctionwatch Steve .
., ., UK   GBR

You can opt out of Google Analytics' tracking by running this browser extension. Why not make it a New Year's Resolution to claim back your privacy? https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout

"Life is like a box of chocolates - it doesn't last long if you're fat" - Joe Lycett

Donthuis Avatar
Donthuis Don van Riet
I use Ad Block plus and Blur extensions to Firefox on most Websites, MGE and other free sites relying on Google type of kickback payments of course excluded eye rolling smiley

In reply to # 3654437 by auctionwatch

You can opt out of Google Analytics' tracking by running this browser extension. Why not make it a New Year's Resolution to claim back your privacy? https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout

rocannon Avatar
rocannon Platinum Member Frank L
Inconveniently located in the wilderness, Oklahoma, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT "GT From Hell"
1980 MG MGB "Restored By Photoshop Inc."
Don,
Does Blur keep your info in their database and send emails and credit card payments on your behalf?

In reply to # 3654463 by Donthuis I use Ad Block plus and Blur extensions to Firefox on most Websites, MGE and other free sites relying on Google type of kickback payments of course excluded eye rolling smiley

“If you stumble, make it part of the dance. “

Do Aliens Have Inalienable Rights?

"... cohomology rings of smooth projective algebraic varieties ..."

“Where did the public good enter into all this maze of personal intrigue, this wilderness of stunted natures where no straight road is to be found, but only the tortuous and aimless travels of beasts and things that crawl?”

“If you are not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.”

“Yes, another great idea destroyed by a simple set of facts."

“All of us at one time or another have had a sense of déjà vu, a feeling that this has happened before, that this has happened before, that this has happened before."

TANSTAAFL !

Donthuis Avatar
Donthuis Don van Riet
Why do you think I share this information at all? I never use their autocomplete function when logging in on such sites. Hiding account, tracking and other options are selectable in Blur and activated unless data is explicitly opened by me.
Just check their facilities and check yourself if it something for you too

BTW decoupling Paypal log in from Websites like Amazon or eBay is also advisable. Just a referral by link is much safer.
MOSS E used to remember my creditcard ID, now they no longer do. Fine with me.... thumbs up

PS More and more websites recognize adblocking and ask to be granted data access, which I rarely give. In rare cases this then blocks filling in of forms for reservations because a tracking cookie is required and blocked by my Blur extension. To me this is dubious Website behaviour, so after filling in such a form in the unblocked state the block on trackers is activated again by me.

In reply to # 3655154 by rocannon Don,
Does Blur keep your info in their database and send emails and credit card payments on your behalf?

In reply to # 3654463 by Donthuis I use Ad Block plus and Blur extensions to Firefox on most Websites, MGE and other free sites relying on Google type of kickback payments of course excluded eye rolling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-02 12:03 PM by Donthuis.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster