In order to make your stay as pleasant and constructive as possible please take your time to read through this document.
It will help you navigate the pits and traps this community has created for new members
If you need general help with Forum tasks (changing passwords, using signature pictures, fancy formatting etc) please read the Forum FAQ
Need to contact me about your account or membership? Send an email to email@example.com (please include your Member ID)
1. It's a good idea to read a few topics and get to know the Forums before you post, especially if you're new to this website.
2. Use the Search tool before asking a question. Use the Google search tool at the bottom of every page, the Forum search tool at the top, and look through the Library section in the Table of Contents to the left. There's a good chance your question has been asked before.
3. Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't type in ALL CAPS. Please try to use correct spelling and grammar. If you're asking for help with your vehicle, make sure to include car details such as year, model, fitted equipment, and anything else that is relevant to the question. Fill out your Member Profile and add your vehicle to the Registry (from your member home page) so it shows up to the left of your posts, or put the information in your Forum signature (from the Control Center link). Our members are car pros but not mind readers!!
4. Be nice to each other and respect the moderator. The occasional heated debate is fine, but profanity, racism and personal attacks will not be tolerated. If you see an offensive post, use the "Report This Message" link to alert the moderator. If you can't get along with someone, don't engage them in a discussion. Flame baiting will result in thread closure. Remember that there are people of all ages, genders, opinions, nations, creeds, races and politics on this board, and all are welcome (provided they follow the rules). Everyone is welcome to have their own views, but please respect that others' views may be different. Civil discussion is expected at all times. On this forum, social skills are as important as technical expertise.
5. Posting on the Forums about your business's products or services is not allowed except under the following conditions. Posts violating this rule will be deleted without notice and repeat offenders will have their accounts disabled. Business use of these Forums is allowed in the following cases:
- * If you're not a business, but just a person selling some spare parts, your own car, etc, you can post it in the Buy, Sell & Trade Forum and Rule 5 does not apply to you. Please read the sticky topic in the Buy, Sell & Trade Forum for more information.
5.1 If a member posts a question asking where they can find a particular part or product, Gold Members or higher may post one public reply per topic to solicit a sale.
5.2 Gold Members or higher may start new topics in the Vendor & Group Buy Forum (see the sticky topic in that forum for additional rules)
5.3 Gold Members or higher will have their Member Services/Business Listing displayed automatically below their Forum Signature. No other business solicitation may occur in your Forum signature.
5.4 No member may solicit/initiate sales via this Forum's Private Message (PM) System, but may reply to a member's purchase inquiry/follow up via PM.
Example: if a member posts a topic about looking for part X, you (as a Gold Member or higher vendor) may post a public reply - as per Rule #5.1 - that you have that part for sale, the cost if you wish, any relevant information. If the original poster posts a public reply indicating they are interested in purchasing the part from you, or contacts you via PM in regards to purchasing the part, you may follow up and make your sale via PM. A vendor cannot respond to the original post privately, via PM, to offer the part for sale.
5.5 A Gold Membership allows you to post on one website (your Home Site as indicated on your Member Home Page) in accordance with the rules above. A Platinum Membership is required to post on all websites in The AutoShrine Network. Click here for the Membership Information Page
6. Please do not post under anonymous or fake names. If it's not something you'd post under your own name, it probably shouldn't be posted at all. Such posts may be deleted or closed at the moderator's discretion. Do not register multiple accounts. Your real first name is required when posting (location and last name optional). Anonymous or fake accounts may be disabled or deleted without warning. You can update your details by clicking on "home page" at the top of the page, then "edit profile".
7. If you use an image in your forum signature, please make it no taller than 200px and no wider than 700px.
8. All political discussions have been banned from this website. Political avatars or signatures are also off limits.
9. Nudity, implied nudity, pornographic links, and avatars are prohibited. This is an all-genders and all-ages website.
10. Please do not cross-post the same post or links to the same post in multiple forums.
If you have any questions or comments click on my name at the top of this post, and send me a private message.
Due to a number of predatory copyright lawsuits filed by Righthaven LLC, quoting from the following publications owned by MediaNews Group, WEHCO Media & Stephens Media is not allowed on the forums and will be subject to immediate removal:
- The Sun
- San Jose Mercury News
- Denver Post
- Detroit News
- Salt Lake Tribune
- Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- Las Vegas Review Journal
- Full list of restricted publications
Thanks for participating!!!
Short link http://www.mgexp.com/rules
Webmaster, The MG Experience
AutoShrine.com - Corvus Digital