AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Alan V Avatar
Alan V Alan Vinegar
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1969 MG MGC GT "Green Hornet"
Mick I like your thoughtsthumbs up

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bowral, NSW, Australia   AUS
1968 MG MGC
In reply to # 3608341 by ron neal Sage advice. I went to dinner Monday and will see the powder coater tomorrow.smileys with beer
Ron

Ohhhhhh, so you think you are in the clear Ron...never, ever think you have a handle on what yer partner is a thinkin!

That's where a lot of people come to grief!

Your idea of adequate care and attention may fall well short of expectations...

Says he who was married 31 years...and has the scars to prove it!! smileys with beer

Mick
Southern Highlands of NSW, Australie

chormy Avatar
chormy Gold Member Shaun Holmes
Norwich, Norfolk, UK   GBR
1963 MG MGB MkI "3330 PE"
1964 MG MGB MkI
1967 MG MGB GT "BABE"
1967 MG MGC ~ For Sale ! ~    & more
My wife hates cars but at understands my needs lol

Member Services:
MGC & B racing, incorporating MGCspares from a good used or rare part to remanufactured items to keep your C as you would like it. NEW Alloy items have arrived UK made see website. MGC and early/late B alloy radiators from stock www.holmesracing.co
Alan V Avatar
Alan V Alan Vinegar
I love how this topic has digressed. All I can say for Shaun is his wife must really love him a lot. Otherwise, let's all celebrate the ladies in our life. smileys with beer

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
m.s.macrae Silver Member Murray MacRae
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand   NZL
1968 MG MGC
1994 Subaru Impreza WRX
2000 Subaru Outback "A Bit Of A Dog"
2008 Mazda 6
My wife is always asking when will you get back in the shed and work on the car so, I am very lucky.

Doing what you like, that is a plan for life
One... i should have followed earlier.

kirks-auto Platinum Member Robert Kirk
Davenport, Iowa, USA   USA
I'm all in with solid rotors on street cars and a good woman in the household. smileys with beer

Regards,
Robert Kirk

kirkbrit@yahoo.com
E-mail for quote/questions/orders

Business phone 563 323 1017
cell 563 940 1864

http://kirks-auto.com/
Moss distributor/UK importer
Beat or match any retail/delivered quote

Member Services:
Parts for your classic British and Italian car. 30 years in business.
Swamperca Avatar
Swamperca Swamper CA
-, Nor Cal, USA   USA
1968 MG MGC GT "California Chrome"
1969 MG MGB GT "Rat"
1969 MG MGC GT "C-Rod"
1970 MG MGB GT "Widow"    & more
I've had experience using the Green Stuff pads on my 69. They squealed after the first week or so and I tried many changes trying to get them to stop. Finally bought some generic pads from Napa and they worked fine without any squeal. Still going good for a number of years now.

John Rogers
vicechairman@namgbr.net

Alan V Avatar
Alan V Alan Vinegar
Hi John, My green stuffs have never squealed. There is some adhesive backing that comes with them plus the anti squeal shims all help. There is a better peddle feel which I like. It could be psychological much like stainless brake hoses. Whatever works for you.

smiling bouncing smiley

Bowral, NSW, Australia   AUS
1968 MG MGC
Yep...the beautifully progressive clamping action I get is not just in my mind...I have had the odd squeal...but never regular.

Instructions on the box says, bed em in gently...vice getting the rotors good and hot!

I would be taking a look at the surface of the rotors John, and/or maybe the calliper attachment/operation

[Rider: if you are experiencing cooler temps, maybe a little trail braking might be in order before hitting the Interstate!!]

Mick
Southern Highlands of NSW, Australie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-19 03:09 PM by MGCRoadster1968.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster