AutoShrine Sponsor

Take your top off Avatar
Take your top off Colin Wheeler
Hebron Connecticut, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC GT "The C"
1970 Jaguar E-Type 2+2
1973 MG MGB "Bumble"
1974 Jensen Healey "Jasper"    & more
Does anyone know where I could get the plastic collars/sleeves used on the 69 MGB & MGC's two post headrest? I understand that they are no longer available.

Also could someone please post a close up of these things in place. When I got the my C GT the previous owner did not install the headrests on the recovered leather seats.

Thanks in advance,

Colin

P.S. In the pic below she looks white but is in fact Pale Primrose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-04 10:40 AM by Take your top off.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
September 2013.jpg    67.9 KB
September 2013.jpg

mgbbrown Avatar
mgbbrown Gold Member Tony and Sharon Ann Brown
Rougemont, North Carolina, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB
Colin; They are indeed unavailable. I sourced mine from another set of seats and that is pretty much your only option. Perhaps they could be molded and remade by someone like The Kip Motor Company who specialize in that type of British car restoration service. I loaned a set out for that purpose to a now defunct plastics company in Raleigh, never to see them again... The bottom set of finishers are far more substantial and can be used for the finishers on the top which usually do not survive well due to UV degradation. Good Luck with your hunt! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

Always drink upstream from the herd. Will Rogers

mightyatom Avatar
mightyatom Jason Rogers
San Jose, CA, USA   USA
I am also missing a set of these so would be interested in other peoples solutions.
Does anyone have any photo's or dimensional drawings of the pieces for reference, or has anyone managed to find something similar they can modify to be used on the MGC ?

Jay

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rcedward Avatar
rcedward Rob Edwards
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA   USA
1951 MG TD MkII "TDC6000"
1969 MG MGB "182608"
1969 MG MGC GT "Rcedward"
1969 MG MGC GT "8806"    & more
Sounds like a good candidate for 3-d printing

I have one from which I can take measurements

--
Rob Edwards
Raleigh, NC
http://www.mgcarz.com

If you're in NC, check out the North Carolina MG Car Club!
http://ncmgcc.org

"...good secondhand tools are much better than inferior new ones."

Take your top off Avatar
1969 MG MGC GT "The C"
1970 Jaguar E-Type 2+2
1973 MG MGB "Bumble"
If you could post a drawing Rob that would be great. I would guess the cheapest way for a short production run would be to get them turned out of nylon.

Colin

C8407 Avatar
C8407 Silver Member Craig Cummings
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA   USA
Cut a piece of PCV pipe about an inch long and paint it black

You should not need a drawing for that. Chuck made two for them for me.

Craig

C8407 Avatar
C8407 Silver Member Craig Cummings
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA   USA
Or you could paint them honey tan...

Craig

Attachments:
headrests.jpg    34.9 KB
headrests.jpg

Wil Avatar
Wil Wil Linders
Venray, Netherlands   NLD
1969 MG MGC "Siep's MG"
Hello,

i bought them two years ago from angloparts.

I don't know if they still supply them.

Good luck, guys

Wil

Restoman Avatar
Restoman Platinum Member Dana R
amston, connecticut, USA   USA
Hi Colin,
I may have an extra set. In process of moving all my spares into new storage building, and will look for them.
Give me a call Saturday.

Dana

Attachments:
P1031083.JPG    28.7 KB
P1031083.JPG

2003JAG Avatar
2003JAG Gold Member Chuck Hassler
Monument, CO, USA   USA
1968 MG MGC "Blue Boy"
1980 MG MGB Limited Edition (LE)
Craig's plastic collars were made using parts from Home Depot. The shafts were made of 3/4 inch inside diameter black PVC from the plumbing department's irrigation drip system area. If I remember correctly, the PVC came in four foot lengths. The flat ends are black Fiber Washer, 062 inches thick, by 3/4 inch inside diameter by 1 1/4 inch outside diameter. I bought the washers at Home Depot also, skew 30699 13298, seventy-two cents each. With a little attention to detail, you can make a set of collars that, when installed, look very close to the factory parts. Good luck.

Chuck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-04 05:28 PM by 2003JAG.

Attachments:
100_1222.JPG    30.5 KB
100_1222.JPG

emadak Avatar
emadak Gold Member Ed 123Ignitionusa LLC
Columbia Station, Ohio, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC
Check with Team Triumph in Warren, Ohio
The owner Scott has been breaking MG's for years. Tons of used parts. Hope this helps
Here is the link to his web site
Team Triumph

Regards
Ed
Amgcr#1419
Http://123ignitionusa.com/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-07 08:39 AM by emadak.

Member Services:
US Supplier of 123Ignitions, Pre-programmed\switched models, Programable PC models and "NEW" Wireless Bluetooth models for Apple or Android. Search (123\Tune+) For perfect timing.
mowog1 Avatar
mowog1 Gold Member Rick Ingram
Saint Joseph, Illinois, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC "Vicky"
1972 MG MGB "Mallard"
1974 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "The V8"
1978 MG MGB "Maggie"    & more
At one time, Clark & Clark was thinking of having these made. Don't know if that ever came to fruition.

1969 MGC - 1972 MGB - 1974&1/2 MGB/GT V8 conversion - 1978 MGB

mowog1@aol.com

Member Services:
Pieces of Eight! has provided gas-charged bonnet & bootlid strut kits for the MGB/MGC and hatch kits for the MGB/GT-MGC/GT since 1996. We have recently added MG Midget bonnet and bootlid kits to inventory. Contact Rick at: mowog1@aol.com
Take your top off Avatar
1969 MG MGC GT "The C"
1970 Jaguar E-Type 2+2
1973 MG MGB "Bumble"
Thanks for the input here from all. Dana R had two of the flanged collars that locate in the top of the seat and I can figure out the rest. Funny thing there are 3 MGCs within a mile of each other in this small rural town.

7mg2 Avatar
7mg2 Andrew Hardie
Calgary, Alberta, Canada   CAN
1969 MG MGC GT "Mr "C"
1972 MG Midget MkIII
Colin, I didn't realize Paul had sold his car though I knew it was for sale. Great car, I have had the pleasure of sharing the highway with him in that car shortly after the engine was rebuilt. He was a stickler for doing things right, so I'm sure you will enjoy many trouble free miles with the car.
I'm curious about the car coming indirectly from Paul though..............
My Snowberry White GT is only a few cars older than yours, and came from Maryland before Paul offered his for sale. Ironic his should go east, as I had to bring one from the east in order to find a decent car. Far more Cee's out there than in the west.

Andy

NAMGBR# 20-7738
AMGCRA# 1678

Take your top off Avatar
1969 MG MGC GT "The C"
1970 Jaguar E-Type 2+2
1973 MG MGB "Bumble"
Andrew thanks for the post. I purchased Paul's C from a guy in Phoenix this August, who had apparently bought it from Paul. The car is in excellent condition as you know. I have tinkered with it a bit and made a few improvements/corrections. Shown the car twice and placed in both smiling smiley Looking forward to driving her next season when the snow has gone. I have had quite a few email conversations with Paul, great guy and very helpful. He filled me in on what he did to the car as most of the work and improvements cannot be seen. You have a very nice C GT by the way.

Colin

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster