AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Shinsen774 Avatar
Shinsen774 Jim '64MGB
Glen Allen, Virginia, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB
2003 Mazda MX-5 NB "Shinsen Version #774"
This place in Roanoke, Virginia is still open, albeit with a small inventory. I took these pictures today while visiting the in-laws.

Attachments:
WebbMotors0003.JPG    28.6 KB
WebbMotors0003.JPG

WebbMotors0010.JPG    57.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
George Herschell Avatar
Webster, NY, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB
By any chance did you get the name of the owner. There was a Webb motors here in Rochester NY a long time ago that sold British Cars. Wonder if this could be part of the same family. The owner here was Norm Webb. Just curious. It's a fairly common name but you never know.

George Herschell

Shinsen774 Avatar
Shinsen774 Jim '64MGB
1964 MG MGB
I am only in town on weekends when they are closed so I never spoke to anyone there. They recently sold an MG-TC on e-bay. The phone number is on the glass in the photos. Area code is (540) if anyone is interested. On the side are a Midget, a TR-7 with no rear axle,a Rover sedan, a Spitfire under a tarp, and an MGB body only painted white. Out back is a MGB GT parts car, a bunch of doors and axles, and a MGB RB with a current inspection and license plate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-20 05:35 PM by Shinsen774.

Attachments:
WebbMotors0014.JPG    49.2 KB
WebbMotors0014.JPG

WebbMotors0008.JPG    43.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Shinsen774 Avatar
Shinsen774 Jim '64MGB
1964 MG MGB
Photo inside through the window.

Attachments:
WebbMotors0016.JPG    36.8 KB
WebbMotors0016.JPG

mgb4tim Avatar
mgb4tim Tim N
South Fayette, Pittsburgh, PA!!!, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB
1996 Jaguar XJ6 (X300) "Big Green"
We still have a local dealer, McB Motosports. they sold MG, Austin, Triumph, and Porsche back in the day. They still service it all, and so restorations. But, they race Hondas now.

They had an old BL sign they changed a bit to use for the "new" name.

~Tim

tim@morSpeedPerformance.com

yesiownanmgb Avatar
yesiownanmgb Platinum Member Zack A.
Grand Coulee, WA, USA   USA
I seem to remember Naomi posting a pic of this place. Awesome stuff.

Member Services:
The Acadiana Sports Car Orphanage is a specialty retail speed shop that focuses on manufacturing & retailing quality performance parts for sports and enthusiast vehicles often overlooked by the aftermarket.
mcce Avatar
mcce Mike Masters
Woodstock, Ga, USA   USA
Dig It --> http://www.framedbylouie.com/webb_MGTD.htm

I'm gonna post it on my Blog ;-) Thanks, Shinsen for the Effort.

Posted ---> http://aawire.blogspot.com/2007/05/webb-motors-of-roanoke-virginia.html

Cheers!
M

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-21 08:00 AM by mcce.

Naomi Avatar
Naomi Naomi C
Between Greensboro and Roanoke, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB "Kirby"
1979 MG MGB "Bandit"
1980 MG MGB "Robbie"
1995 Mazda Miata Special Edition    & more
Great pictures. I know Mr. Webb ( the owner ) and Tom ( the mechanic ) and they are great folks. I'm betting you found Mr. Webb on the showroom floor with a cloth in his hands dusting the cars and Jack in the basement garage telling jokes and working on em. Matter of fact Tom rebuilt the motor in my 80 about ten years ago.

Thanks for sharing smiling smiley smiling smiley

"1964 MGB" (Kirby) All original pull handle MGB, 3 main, with overdrive, but a daily driver with all the dents and dings to prove it -- Titled in 1965~~

"1980 MGB" (Robbie) Even though it's a RB it does have overdrive, a Weber Carb, and is my favorite MGB. We have logged thousands of happy miles together ~~

nchokie Avatar
nchokie R.D. Williams
Clewiston, Florida, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
The two color GT has been on the lot for at least 3 yrs, I have no idea what Mr. Webb is asking for it. My bub Hooch got a 50th b-day present form his wife courtesy of Webb and restored 80 Spitfire, nice looking job for a rumph.

R.D. Williams

George Herschell Avatar
Webster, NY, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB
Naomi,

The next time you're there see if he (Mr. Webb) is or was related to the Norm Webb from Rochester NY that an MG and other foreign car dealership here. Just curious. I used to go in there all the time to drool.

George

Naomi Avatar
Naomi Naomi C
Between Greensboro and Roanoke, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB "Kirby"
1979 MG MGB "Bandit"
1980 MG MGB "Robbie"
1995 Mazda Miata Special Edition    & more
George Herschell Wrote:
Quote: Naomi,
The next time you're there see if he (Mr. Webb) is or was related to the Norm Webb from Rochester NY that an MG and other foreign car dealership here. Just curious. I used to go in there all the time to drool.
George

George believe it or not but I was just in Roanoke today and spoke to both Mr. Webb and Tom. Yes I will ask the next time. By the way everytime I'm at Webbs I drool at all the parts stored under the building smiling smiley

"1964 MGB" (Kirby) All original pull handle MGB, 3 main, with overdrive, but a daily driver with all the dents and dings to prove it -- Titled in 1965~~

"1980 MGB" (Robbie) Even though it's a RB it does have overdrive, a Weber Carb, and is my favorite MGB. We have logged thousands of happy miles together ~~

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster