Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tazman72 Avatar
tazman72 Bruce Smith
Interlachen, N. Fl., USA   USA
Thankin back, yer right Jack,red last gas an fried chikin fer a hunert miles. Pondered turin round but had alredy et. Sides, hadda load a chikin manure headin fer tallahassee an were runnin late.

Northwest2go Avatar
Northwest2go Phil Robinson
Bury st Edmunds, Suffolk, UK   GBR
Don't go putting up knackered old rusty signs for penny pinching old duffers looking to sit all day with 1 cup of coffee, (Rusty old signs attract rusty old folk). Get a great new LED sign made to show you are in tune with the modern energy saving concience world and call out to the big spenders who have a wage packet to burn with no resposibilities (still living off Mum and Dad) and show off to the girls with the cash they have to spend!thumbs up

bleteaches6 Avatar
bleteaches6 Lee Orphan
Bonney Lake, Washington, USA   USA
That a cool sign, but have a thick wallet to buy it, fix it, and install it.

kwinzee Avatar
kwinzee Ron Weber
The Hammer, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Hey Phil, who you callin' "rusty old folk"?? Just because I got red hair don't make me rusty.

Jack Cass Avatar
Jack Cass Ken M.
Bunk and Biscuit,, Alabama, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB
Lee, Been trying to have a dollar figure in my mind when I ask. The State of Alabama is widening the right of way and this sign is at risk. Just not sure what to do.

kwinzee Avatar
kwinzee Ron Weber
The Hammer, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Make them an offer like this: "If I take it down, can I keep it?"

GERONIMO Avatar
GERONIMO Jim Barker
Northeast, IL, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB GT "The Bearcar"
Get some of the locals and go down there in the middle of the night and steal it. That's the Chicago way. hot smiley

HL Miller Avatar
HL Miller Henry Miller
Chair City, NC, USA   USA
That would be an awesome sign, Ken.They are often pricey , as collectors like them, but since it has a local history, maybe the owner would like the idea that it'll stay local and be around for another generation to enjoy. Good luck- hope you're able to snag it

Jack Cass Avatar
Jack Cass Ken M.
1978 MG MGB
Local news just breaking, a ultralight just crashed about a mile from me, Larry Hicks and his woman were killed on impact. Larry owns the property the sign is on, I was going to talk to him after church. I hates this...lost another friend.

tazman72 Avatar
tazman72 Bruce Smith
Interlachen, N. Fl., USA   USA
Sorry for your loss Ken.

Jack Cass Avatar
Jack Cass Ken M.
1978 MG MGB
Thank you for the soft touch. The news hasn't released the names yet but I know he's got family local. Saw him flying over the highway this morning, he was well liked by all who knew him.

sigsignman Avatar
sigsignman David Holland
Bowling Green, KY, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB
Well...as a person who owns a sign shop...The sign is pretty much worthless in terms of you paying money for it. It looks like the arrow used incadecent bulbs in it and the balance was lettered with paint. I suggest if you are seriously interested in it...offer them a couple hundred bucks. Obviously it will need sand blasted, repainted and relettered. The sockets for the bulb will probably need replaced, (nominal cost) and face needs to be relettered in vinyl (its what is done these days)...beyond that no harder than bringing a MG back to life...good luck!

29desoto Avatar
29desoto Gold Member Wayne Sanders
Outside Otis, OR - in the woods!, USA   USA
1953 MG TD
1965 MG MGB V6 Conversion "Carmine"
1977 MG MGB "Ole Yeller"
1979 MG MGB "Kermit"    & more
Offer to remove it for only a small fee. You'd be surprised.

Wayne Sanders
Rose Lodge, OR
(TD 4288)

"I don't care to belong to any club that accepts people like me"-joined Willamette Valley Club in 2011

77 MGB - Four tone paint -Pertronix - hood props - cheap tires - new springs all around - mixture of poly and rubber bushings- fuzzy seatcovers - stereo out of old F150 pickup -runs flawlessly and drives nice.

78 MGB - Done right by a good PO, and I only bought it. Tell Jim how nice it is. But I did put in a Datsun 5 speed.

53 TD Mark II - a work in progress.

79/65 MGB - Carmine- V-6 - T-5
This car is now very nearly completely done. Sure to find something else, but not now.........

racer76 Avatar
racer76 Silver Member Eric E.
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia   AUS
1968 MG MGB "Blue"
1979 MG MGB "Black"
Haven't you been watching "American Pickers"? Offer them $250 and see what they say (maybe ask them first who has to take the thing down and subtract that from your total if the answer is "YOU"winking smiley.

Jack Cass Avatar
Jack Cass Ken M.
1978 MG MGB
David, What you say makes sense. The situation has changed now and I'm starting to rethink the sign, probably go homemade now. Below is the closest cafe to me but does not compete with me at all, different menu offerings, I think they serve dragon parts.

Attachments:
messin around 005.jpg    57.5 KB
messin around 005.jpg

messin around 006.jpg    18.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster