Welcome! Sign In Register
Please Sign In or Register to Search

Just an old sign.

Posted by Jack Cass 
Jack Cass Avatar
Ken Macomber
Bunk and Biscuit,, Alabama, USA   usa
1978 MG MGB

I'm considering trying to buy this sign. I'm thinking it can be restored for the cafe, but I like the rustic look. I'm an old school rust lover that thinks this might be worth considering. Any comments?
. You can hide this ad & support this site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info

Attachments:
messin around 003.jpg (49.7 KB) –
messin around 003.jpg

messin around 004.jpg (64.3 KB) –
Please Sign In or Register to view this photo
messin around 002.jpg (65.3 KB) –
Please Sign In or Register to view this photo
kwinzee Avatar
Ron Weber
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada   can
1972 MG MGB GT "Struggles"
1976 MG MGB "Knute"
2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer "Gray Whale"

Hey Ken, clear coat that baby, throw on some new neon, and she should look real nice. And then, when we come down, we'll be able to find ya without the pervervial GPS, just look for the glow, lol.
Jack Cass Avatar
Ken Macomber
1978 MG MGB

Funny you should mention lights, I'm going to put a strong narrow beam search light pointed straight up on top of my sign. Done right over 30,000 people should be able to see it from their house. Thought about it a lot, while abusing jelly beans, still tying to figure out a bat signal thang that resembles a jackass.
. You can hide this ad & support this site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
kwinzee Avatar
Ron Weber
1976 MG MGB "Knute"

You're a very resourcefull fella, I'm sure you'll figger somethin' out. Make sure it's bright enough so's I can sees it from my house. Then I can tell everyone, "I know that guy".
Jack Cass Avatar
Ken Macomber
1978 MG MGB

I've been doing spotlight research for some time now, mostly on deer, found out to much power in the light attracts cops. I'm still researching, I'll let ya know.
kwinzee Avatar
Ron Weber
1976 MG MGB "Knute"

I guess I should have said, I can tell people, "I know that Jack Cass". smoking smiley
wyatt Avatar
Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ata

In reply to # 1995079 by kwinzee I guess I should have said, I can tell people, "I know that Jack Cass". smoking smiley

...and his half brother Jake Ofv....on his uncles side..
Jack Cass Avatar
Ken Macomber
1978 MG MGB

Go Ahead, poke fun a my name but I'll tells ya something that maybe I shouldn't cause it's family stuff. When my Uncle married, the pregnant, Jenna Tailya we never spoke to him again because she was a yankee.
wyatt Avatar
Wyatt W

In reply to # 1995094 by Jack Cass Go Ahead, poke fun a my name but I'll tells ya something that maybe I shouldn't cause it's family stuff. When my Uncle married, the pregnant, Jenna Tailya we never spoke to him again because she was a yankee.

...ya well, the whole town knows about yer cuzin May Tag and yer washed up brother Kelvinater, doin the dirty then throwin somthin off the Opalikagoosieloosie bridge...
Jack Cass Avatar
Ken Macomber
1978 MG MGB

right after Kelvinater she met DeWalt, the love of her life...because he had a erector set.
wyatt Avatar
Wyatt W

In reply to # 1995123 by Jack Cass right after Kelvinater she met DeWalt, the love of her life...because he had a erector set.

...then she musta give the bums rush to Lincolns log huh???...
Jack Cass Avatar
Ken Macomber
1978 MG MGB

She stayed with DeWalt the rest of her days because of him being a gladiater.
wyatt Avatar
Wyatt W

....not to mention they run shine thru him for her mounds of dew.....
tazman72 Avatar
Bruce Smith
Interlachen, N. Fl., USA   usa

Jack, whut did tha sign have on it rigunly? Thankin I saw tha same sign passin thru Tuskalooser years back durin segragation. I knowticed it was gittin dark, an a few fokes were makin U-turns. Figger I mighta missed a good chikin joint or sompin.
Jack Cass Avatar
Ken Macomber
1978 MG MGB

The sign was for Black's Service Station. My Dad did business with Mr. Black way before interstates. It is located on the Heart of Dixie Highway, US23l, in Lacey's Spring, Alabama. Back in the day, I followed Dad's example and come to Black's when the gas wars were going on. The locals call this place 'Gasoline Alley' because of it's history.
tazman72 Avatar
Bruce Smith
Interlachen, N. Fl., USA   usa

Thankin back, yer right Jack,red last gas an fried chikin fer a hunert miles. Pondered turin round but had alredy et. Sides, hadda load a chikin manure headin fer tallahassee an were runnin late.
Northwest2go Avatar
Phil Robinson
Bury st Edmunds, Suffolk, United Kingdom   gbr

Don't go putting up knackered old rusty signs for penny pinching old duffers looking to sit all day with 1 cup of coffee, (Rusty old signs attract rusty old folk). Get a great new LED sign made to show you are in tune with the modern energy saving concience world and call out to the big spenders who have a wage packet to burn with no resposibilities (still living off Mum and Dad) and show off to the girls with the cash they have to spend!thumbs up
bleteaches6 Avatar
Lee Orphan
Sumner, WA, USA   usa

That a cool sign, but have a thick wallet to buy it, fix it, and install it.
kwinzee Avatar
Ron Weber
1976 MG MGB "Knute"

Hey Phil, who you callin' "rusty old folk"?? Just because I got red hair don't make me rusty.
Jack Cass Avatar
Ken Macomber
1978 MG MGB

Lee, Been trying to have a dollar figure in my mind when I ask. The State of Alabama is widening the right of way and this sign is at risk. Just not sure what to do.

Reply to this topic or post your own questions!

Members Sign In if you've already registered, or

Register a New Account

Registration is free and takes less than a minute

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Check the Forum Help File (FAQ) or contact the webmaster.

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

MGExp Menu

What's New

Membership

Forums ->

MGB & GT

MG Midget

Buy, Sell & Trade

Vendor Market

MG Engine Swaps

Original MG