Posted by Blake Sonnier 
Blake Sonnier Avatar
lake charles, Louisiana, USA   usa
1956 MG MGA "Maggie"
1963 MG MGB
1972 MG MGB "Sweet Thing"
1974 MG MGB GT "None Yet"
1977 MG MGB "DIXIE"

Anyone buying one of these will not find a code to program your remote to allow you to uses one remote for all your components. Apex will not tell you the code and it is not listed anywhere.. But I found it... Now I can go back to one remote smiling smiley..
The code is 749 or 0749 or 00749 depending on if your remote uses a 3,4, or 5 digit code... Please send donations to me smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-04 01:05 PM by Blake Sonnier.

mowog1 Avatar
Rick Ingram
Saint Joseph, Illinois, USA   usa
1968 MG MGC "The Green C"
1969 MG MGC "Vicky"
1972 MG MGB "Mallard"
1974 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "The V8"
1978 MG MGB "Maggie"

Blake Sonnier Wrote:
Quote: <snip>The code is 749 or 0749 or 00749 depending on if your remote uses a 3,4, or 5 digit code... Please send donations to me

You want our old remotes?

winking smiley

1968 MGC - 1969 MGC - 1972 MGB - 1974&1/2 MGB/GT V8 conversion - 1978 MGB

mowog1@aol.com

Member Services:
Pieces of Eight! has provided gas-charged bonnet & bootlid strut kits for the MGB/MGC and hatch kits for the MGB/GT-MGC/GT since 1996. We have recently added MG Midget bonnet and bootlid kits to inventory. Contact Rick at: mowog1@aol.com
twigworker Avatar
Jack Austin
Blowing Rock, NC, USA   usa

Blake, please explain that in detail for us non-electron types.

Start with what is an Apex Converter.

Jack

---------------------------------------------------- Services to Interesting British Automobiles-- www.jackscars.net ----------------------------------------------------------------
-------------I like to think that I don't service automobiles so much as I provide entertainment, fulfill dreams and revive wonderful memories --------------

I am in the northwestern North Carolina mountains, right up against the Blue Ridge Parkway. Lawn chairs are in the shop and always time to talk. Drop in any time.

Blake Sonnier Avatar
lake charles, Louisiana, USA   usa
1956 MG MGA "Maggie"
1963 MG MGB
1972 MG MGB "Sweet Thing"
1974 MG MGB GT "None Yet"
1977 MG MGB "DIXIE"

Jack,

It's a brand of digital to analogue converter (best buy sells) that you have to have now if you have an older (years or so) TV.. I've been running in circles to find the code to enter into my TV/Directv remote so I could operate everything with one remote control.. I found a code that would work even though the Apex tech said it did not exist..

. You can hide this ad & support the site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
J F
USA   usa

What an excellent find!! What brand or model of remote did you ge this working on? Thanks for the post!!

Simon Avatar
Simon Clowes
Salem, Oregon, USA   usa
1979 MG MGB "Big Red -For Sale"

In reply to a post by Blake Sonnier Anyone buying one of these will not find a code to program your remote to allow you to uses one remote for all your components. Apex will not tell you the code and it is not listed anywhere.. But I found it... Now I can go back to one remote smiling smiley..
The code is 749 or 0749 or 00749 depending on if your remote uses a 3,4, or 5 digit code... Please send donations to me smiling smiley

If you'd asked I could have told you that - I have this BIG list of codes in my desk drawer at work

1979 Roadster (Big Red) daily driver.
unknown GT somewhere in the future.
09 Accent

Don't got to bed made - stay up all night plotting revenge

dcdci Avatar
Dave Loechel
Kings Park, New York, USA   usa
1966 MG MGB

Simon,
We have a Viore LCD HD TV. I've tried all the codes listed for Viore and for Akai(manufacturer of Viore TVs) listed on the DIRECTV on screen remote control set-up but none of them work for our TV.

Does your BIG list of codes have any for Viore or Akai?

Thanks,
Dave

Dave Loechel
66/67 roadster

"How would you like a job where, every time you make a mistake, a big red light goes on and 18,000 people boo?" - Jacques Plante

. You can hide this ad & support the site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Check the Forum Help File (FAQ) or contact the webmaster.

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

MGExp Menu

What's New

Membership

Forums ->

MGB & GT

MG Midget

Buy, Sell & Trade

Vendor Market

MG Engine Swaps

Original MG