AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

LaVerne Avatar
LaVerne LaVerne Downey
Fruita, Colorado, USA   USA
1954 MG TF "Green Hornet"
1969 MG MGB
Wonder how it would work on a TF grinning smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MGTF1500 Ardeche France Thierry SUCHIER
TOURNON SUR RHONE, Rhône-Alpes Auvergne, France   FRA
Laverne, here in France, no need to have a second spare wheel. It is very rare to die. For 40 years that I roll, I had to die only once!
Sincerely, Thierry de l'Ardèche

Buckdendave David Hill
St Neots, Cambridgeshire, UK   GBR
1954 MG TF
Do you mean “pneu creve” - a punctured tyre!
Dave H

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Sam Suffi Malcolm McConnachy
Littlehampton, West Sussex, UK   GBR
In reply to # 3660897 by MGTF1500 Ardeche France Laverne, here in France, no need to have a second spare wheel. It is very rare to die. For 40 years that I roll, I had to die only once!

Thierry,

It is always interesting to read your posts, but your translation app is giving some strange meanings which sometimes are quite amusingsmiling smiley

For example, To die = mourir

When, as David says, you probably mean "crevaison"

Don't worry, keep posting, we all know what you mean. thumbs up

Exactly friends!
But I am using the translator of google hot smiley .... and he is not French ....

plus4moggie Tom Lange
Bar Harbor, Maine, USA   USA
I acgtuallhy find these "transmangled" posts quite philosophical, as I get older and experience time in the hospital. You only die once...

Tom Lange
MGT Repair

Buckdendave David Hill
St Neots, Cambridgeshire, UK   GBR
1954 MG TF
Agreed. My French language is not great, and I appreciate help from my friends and neighbours when I am in France. Better to be told than continue to struggle. I assume it works the other way round.
I think that the more participants we have from different countries, on forums such as this, the better. On-line translators make this more and more possible for those non-fluent in the language.
Dave H

Exactly David,
I also laugh a lot when I have the translation of your messages spinning smiley sticking its tongue out.
I need a lot of interpretation to understand the meaning a few times.

TD4834 Avatar
TD4834 Bill Chasser
Sacramento, CA, USA   USA
It does become quite humorous at times

Edson49TC Edson McCord
Burlington, WI, USA   USA
Although it is for a TF and not a TC, I am attaching photos of a very nicely made dual spare adapter that I bought at the Beaulieu Autojumble in the early 80s. It utilizes a unique knockoff which is attached to a threaded tube about 10 inches long. The spacer is machined from an aluminum casting, not a billet! Does anyone know if this accessory was a genuine factory offering?
As I have no need for it, I will be putting it on ebay in the next week or so.
Ed

Attachments:
20180114_192544[1].jpg    40.4 KB
20180114_192544[1].jpg

20180114_192611[1].jpg    38.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster