TF windwings

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Paul J Avatar
Locust Grove, OK, USA   USA
Most that I've seen seem to come in slightly different shapes, depending who manufactured them. Mine will fold close enough to allow the use of side curtains, but the brackets will not let the curtain to lay flat against the windscreen creating a gap for water and/or cold air to enter. PJ

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
TF Side Mirror.jpg    49.5 KB
TF Side Mirror.jpg

MGTF1500 Ardeche France Thierry SUCHIER
TOURNON SUR RHONE, Rhône-Alpes Auvergne, France   FRA
Bill,
Can you do a sketch?
I do not understand your request!
Unless you ask if the rounded shape is on the 3 sides. The right field is against the windshield.

I redid my drawing with the left part (which is the same).
The bindings are on the right side at the bottom.
No, you can not measure the inclination because it's not a straight line.

Sincerely Thierry de l'Ardèche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-06 10:51 AM by MGTF1500 Ardeche France.

Attachments:
IMG_0199b.jpg    23.1 KB
IMG_0199b.jpg

TD4834 Avatar
TD4834 Bill Chasser
Sacramento, CA, USA   USA
Thierry your first scan did not come through completely. The last one came through complete.

If this is an Amco wind wing there is a slight fold /flare out of the bottom edge, below the lower hinge mounting, that prevents the plastic from digging into the scuttle paint when the wing is closed and the side curtains are in place. If your wing has this fold, I need to know where the fold line is. See LaVerne’s post (first page 8th post)
of mounted wind wing

Many thanks for your time, effort and drafting talents

Bill Chasser
TD/4834

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-06 11:10 AM by TD4834.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MGTF1500 Ardeche France Thierry SUCHIER
TOURNON SUR RHONE, Rhône-Alpes Auvergne, France   FRA
Thank you for the praise ... It's a pleasure on the forum. It brings me so much that I can also share my talents and knowledge.
No, no, Bill, the first drawing went well but I did it halfway because the other half is the same.
I attach a picture of my windwings. Sorry Bill, I do not have the fold.
If anyone had a picture, it would be nice. Nevertheless, mine engage well with the side curtains, just do not set too low so they do not press the cap.
Sincerely Thierry de l'Ardèche

Attachments:
IMG_0200.JPG    43.7 KB
IMG_0200.JPG

IMG_9391.JPG    48.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
TD4834 Avatar
TD4834 Bill Chasser
Thanks again Thierry. I’ll make a template from your drawing and see how it’ll look in place

Bill Chasser
TD-4834

ping45 Silver Member Rich G
Highland, CA, USA   USA
Bill, hope things are much improved on the health front......On the wing screens I'm still waiting for my fellow to advise me on what he's coming up with!

TD4834 Avatar
TD4834 Bill Chasser
Thanks Rich. Look forward to your updates

Bill Chasser
TD-4834

TD4834 Avatar
TD4834 Bill Chasser
I now have a used set of Amco wings coming. Paid under $30 for them on eBay. Bought them to use as a template for fabricating new ones

Bill Chasser
TD-4834

ping45 Silver Member Rich G
Highland, CA, USA   USA
Hi Bill...Do you want to sell those used wings? My man has not returned my contacts and I'm losing confidence. Please let me know if so, and how much. many thanks.
PS. Hope you are doing much better now with the health issue!
Doc (Rich)

TD4834 Avatar
TD4834 Bill Chasser
Rich
I haven’t received them yet. They are unfortunately only good as a template. In fact only one has the Amco bend at the bottom. The other side had been replaced with a like dimension but not bent to profile. I intend to rebuild this set for my dad’s car and make several sets of blades as spares. If you are interested in a set of blades let me know and I will see what they will run to have them made in either plexiglass or polycarbonate

Regards

Bill Chasser
TD/4834

WHT Avatar
WHT william luddite
Brakenville, USA, USA   USA
WindWingBend.JPG

Attachments:
WindWingBend.JPG    31.9 KB
WindWingBend.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster