AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TF windwings
  This topic is about my 1955 MG TF 1500
ping45 Silver Member Rich G
Highland, CA, USA   USA
Can anyone tell me the dimensions' of the wind wings used on TF's (TD's also probably)? Thanks for your help!
Doc

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ddubois Avatar
ddubois Gold Member Dave DuBois
Bremerton, WA, USA   USA
Rich - I have a new set of the windwings (see attached picture). I'll send you the dimensions later after I get a chance to measure them. They are for sale if you are interested.
Cheers,

Dave DuBois
1953 MGTD
1966 MGB
http://homepages.donobi.net/sufuelpumps/

Member Services:
SU fuel pump restoration and conversion to solid state. Information and technical articles on SU fuel pumps.

Attachments:
TC TD TF wind wings.jpg    38.2 KB
TC TD TF wind wings.jpg

peter14222 Avatar
peter14222 Peter Gilvarry
Buffalo, NY, USA   USA
In reply to # 3655174 by ddubois Rich - I have a new set of the windwings (see attached picture). I'll send you the dimensions later after I get a chance to measure them. They are for sale if you are interested.
Cheers,

Do they fit a TF?

Price if Rich declines?

Thanks.

Peter

ddubois Avatar
ddubois Gold Member Dave DuBois
Bremerton, WA, USA   USA
Wind wings measure 10 1/2" X 5 1/4". Attachments are 7" C-C. they should fit TC, TD or TF. The pair I have are new will sell for $75 plus postage. Contact me at SUfuelpumps@donobi.net
Cheers,

Dave DuBois
1953 MGTD
1966 MGB
http://homepages.donobi.net/sufuelpumps/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-03 02:30 PM by ddubois.

Member Services:
SU fuel pump restoration and conversion to solid state. Information and technical articles on SU fuel pumps.
TD4834 Avatar
TD4834 Bill Chasser
Sacramento, CA, USA   USA
Does anyone have an original Amco used wing. Can be cracked broken I just want a sample to get the pattern and the curve on the bottom. Will have some made at my local TAP Plastics shop.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ping45 Silver Member Rich G
Highland, CA, USA   USA
Hi Dave...I appreciate your offer. I would first like the measurements if you can, then let me know what you would have to get for them. Thanks again.
Doc

MGTF1500 Ardeche France Thierry SUCHIER
TOURNON SUR RHONE, Rhône-Alpes Auvergne, France   FRA
In reply to # 3655843 by TD4834 Does anyone have an original Amco used wing. Can be cracked broken I just want a sample to get the pattern and the curve on the bottom. Will have some made at my local TAP Plastics shop.

Bill,
I can take curvature if you still need it.
Sincerely, Thierry de l'Ardèche France

LaVerne Avatar
LaVerne LaVerne Downey
Fruita, CO, USA   USA
1954 MG TF "Green Hornet"
1969 MG MGB
In reply to # 3655843 by TD4834 Does anyone have an original Amco used wing. Can be cracked broken I just want a sample to get the pattern and the curve on the bottom. Will have some made at my local TAP Plastics shop.

I have a friend who has a set on his TF. I was going to get some made as I remember one being cracked when I was working on his car a few years ago but I didn't get to it. He's a long ways away from both you and me though. I still remember that the hinges were the big difference in why they didn't interfer with the side curtains as compared to the present offerings.

Attachments:
11._Ed,_TF,_&_the_view (2).jpg    14.1 KB
11._Ed,_TF,_&_the_view (2).jpg

TD4834 Avatar
TD4834 Bill Chasser
LaVerne. That’s the one I’m looking for. My concern is with the latest offerings from the usual suppliers that the straight wings have the potential of gouging the paint on the scuttle when folded in. Hence why I’m looking for an Amco sample.

Bill Chasser
TD-4834

LaVerne Avatar
LaVerne LaVerne Downey
Fruita, CO, USA   USA
1954 MG TF "Green Hornet"
1969 MG MGB
Owner of the TD I'm working on brought out some more stuff yesterday...among the items was a set of old wings. I'm not sure who made them. No flare to the bottoms and no AMCO stamp. Bigger that what is sold today ...different hinges as well. But not what you are looking for.

Attachments:
IMG_4747.JPG    50.8 KB
IMG_4747.JPG

TD4834 Avatar
TD4834 Bill Chasser
Wow. That is BIG!

These are the dimensions of the Windwings.
I realized a grid of 5 x 5 mm for the faithful reproduction of the curves.
Do not hesitate if you need more information.
Attention, the plexiglass is fragile to work, easy to polish like a painting without ever heating it, and easy to drill between two plates of wood.
I will add that it is very easy to cut with a water machine and its stone disc.
Good work.
Sincerely, Thierry de l'Ardèche

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-06 03:34 AM by MGTF1500 Ardeche France.

Attachments:
IMG_0199a.jpg    22.8 KB
IMG_0199a.jpg

Buckdendave David Hill
St Neots, Cambridgeshire, UK   GBR
1954 MG TF
“Water machine and it’s stone disc” - I think you mean a ceramic tile cutting machine. Good idea. I made a wind wing myself, though I used a saw and polished the edges afterwards. Mine is in fact a deflector to fit to the top of windscreen as the top of my head projects above the ‘screen. Same construction exactly as a wind wing and clamps on in the same way, but I used a tinted Perspex. The biggest problem was finding the hinges, nobody seems to sell them separately, so I bought some cracked wind wings s/h very cheaply, just for the hinges.
Dave H

Exact David!

TD4834 Avatar
TD4834 Bill Chasser
Thierry Thank you for your fine drawing. Can you show the upper profile as well? Does it match the bottom profile minus the bend to clear the scuttle? I’m not exactly sure I understand where the fold line should occur on the bottom profile

Thanks

Bill Chasser
TD/c-8151

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster