MG TD Steering wheel

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Paul J Avatar
Locust Grove, OK, USA   USA
Mike, it might be to your advantage to make a fold able cover for your original wheel just to cover it when setting in the sun for any length of time. Sun with the ultraviolet rays and heat destroys these old wheels, even the old American cars had this problem. PJ

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
izziny Avatar
izziny Mike I
Hauppauge, NY, USA   USA
1952 MG TD
Great idea PJ.....I'll make one out of uv filtering material, sort of like a mini spare tire cover. I've found some interesting info on the manufacturer and I'm trying to decipher the number stampings. See the other site.
Thanks
Mike
TD15250

MGTF1500 Ardeche France Thierry SUCHIER
TOURNON SUR RHONE, Rhône-Alpes Auvergne, France   FRA
In reply to # 3661112 by izziny
Thierry....I noticed Moss doesn't carry it at this time but Abingdon Spares has it for $25 plus shipping. They call it "TD dash Paint" and I don't know how close it matches the original factory paint. I have a friend in the auto body business and as soon as I get a chance I will have him do a computer color check on my center dash to get a match. If I have to, I will buy the closest match to my dash and spray both.
Mike
TD15250

Thanks Mike,
They put that's the color for TD.
But there is no color for my TF.
Is it the same color?
Indeed, if your friend can check, it would be nice.
Sincerely, Thierry de l'Ardèche

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Buckdendave David Hill
St Neots, Cambridgeshire, UK   GBR
1954 MG TF
This is the colour of my dash centre panel, using an aerosol that I obtained from B&G. I painted an ancillary panel under the dash in the same colour paint.
Dave H

Attachments:
132848C8-F1B0-478B-A84A-3CA0123152A8.jpeg    45.2 KB
132848C8-F1B0-478B-A84A-3CA0123152A8.jpeg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster