MG TF Arm Rest/Cup Holder

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Paul J Avatar
Locust Grove, ok, USA   USA
Anyone know if they can be had for a TF? One for a TD won't work. The nicest one I ever saw was made by LaVerne, is anyone making them to sell? PJ

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
LaVerne Avatar
LaVerne LaVerne Downey
Fruita, Colorado, USA   USA
1954 MG TF "Green Hornet"
1969 MG MGB
You should have asked sooner. I made two...one for the TF and another for the TD I had. I kept the cup holder when I sold the TD and tried to sell it for what I thought was a more than reasonable price with no takers. I cut it up a while back for another project. The original one I made from cheap wood and covered with excess vinyl from the interior kit got fixed to my tractor fender.grinning smiley

Paul J Avatar
LaVerne, if you ever make another for the TF, please make two, I want one! grinning smiley PJ

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mgttype Silver Member Sherwood Parker
Tempe, AZ, USA   USA
Laverne,

I would settle for a photo of yours. I would put it in my son's TF.

Sherwood

LaVerne Avatar
LaVerne LaVerne Downey
1969 MG MGB
smoking smiley

Attachments:
P1010196.JPG    42.8 KB
P1010196.JPG

2629.JPG    56.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
2633.JPG    35.6 KB
lavernes green car 005.JPG    50.1 KB
peter14222 Avatar
peter14222 Peter Gilvarry
Buffalo, NY, USA   USA
I would settle for the steering wheel.

Peter

LaVerne Avatar
LaVerne LaVerne Downey
1969 MG MGB
By the way Paul...anyone that fits a TD will fit a TF. The seat bottoms are the same and even though the TD has a single piece back the shape is close enough to not be an issue. These I made were the same. Just a good friction fit between the seats so a pretty easy removal at a car show if you wanted. If you are traveling alone and have floor mats, then you might consider the ones Moss sells that slip under the floor mat. Kinda pricey but I got a couple and it works a treat in the B for my wife....not so much for me as I find it interferes with my driving...but it would be an easy way and close enough for you to use on a TF I'd think. In my B I still find that just setting it behind the passenger seat seems to work for me.

Paul J Avatar
Thanks LaVerne, nice to know, but I will still say, they don't look as nice as yours! The craftsmanship really stands out! grinning smiley PJ

TD4834 Avatar
TD4834 Bill Chasser
Sacramento, CA, USA   USA
Simply grand LaVerne!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster