MGExp

T-Series & Prewar Forum

What did you do with your T-Series today?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MGACharlie Avatar
MGACharlie Silver Member Charlie Adams
Fairfax Station, Virginia, USA   USA
1951 MG TD MkII
1955 MG TF
1962 MG MGA MkII "Red"
Nick,

Using your notes about the drive, I pulled it up on Google maps and then took a look at the magnificent countryside. Of how gorgeous a drive. I'd love to top the Sutton Bank myself now and am envious of the fabulous countryside and driving you have available.

Also, I took another look at "The Beast," and it must be a fantastic ride and car to see charging along at 70 mph! The two TCs I occasionally drive would be more than a handful over about 55 do to steering wonder, so yours must be properly done.

It excites me to know what you are doing and the promise which awaits when I finish my TD.

Good for you!

Charlie

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
bobbygee Avatar
bobbygee Silver Member bobby galvez
Round Rock, Texas, USA   USA
1952 MG TD "Duckie Tee"
1979 MG MGB "Duckie Too"
In reply to # 3589648 by Bald Eagle Popped for a tonneau cover for the TC. A little spendy for an old man living on Social Security and eating cat food to survive, but a very worthwhile investment.

Well that tonneau looks great! Now that the expense is behind you you can splurge on some ramen noodles! smileys with beer

BobbyG

bobbygee Avatar
bobbygee Silver Member bobby galvez
Round Rock, Texas, USA   USA
1952 MG TD "Duckie Tee"
1979 MG MGB "Duckie Too"
In reply to # 3591098 by Tpss1 Nearing the end of a 3 year rebuild. Garages are small here and real estate is pricey. Builders build garages for micro cars and little else. Car has been rebuilt one side at a time with a "wheelie bin" as a stand up workbench. Just wanted to catch up with the rest of you and show the world what can be achieved with a TA.

Great job! thumbs up smileys with beer MG

BobbyG

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
peter14222 Avatar
peter14222 Peter Gilvarry
Buffalo, NY, USA   USA
I decided to look for a drip tray, the newspaper I was using blows around when the garage is open so off I went to Amazon.com and found a 47" x 25" metal drip tray with a 1/2" lip.

It arrived yesterday so today I set it up with the kitty litter stock that had been rejected by the feline crew.

I remember my father using something similar under the ambulance cars in the 50s when I was growing up, of course kitty litter was not available in those days.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002KNV9K/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , only $35 including shipping, I love it.

Peter

Attachments:
IMG_2600.JPG    48.3 KB
IMG_2600.JPG

healey.dan Dan C
Audubon, NJ, USA   USA
1951 MG TD "Clementine"
I hate to say this, but you can get them at any Wal Mart in the Auto section for about a third of the price you paid.

peter14222 Avatar
Buffalo, NY, USA   USA
Saw them online at Walmart in plastic, 1/3rd of the size for 1/3rd of the price.

healey.dan Dan C
Audubon, NJ, USA   USA
1951 MG TD "Clementine"
47" x 25" x 1/2" Galvanized steel, under $9.

peter14222 Avatar
Buffalo, NY, USA   USA
Got that, any link?

MGAdavid Avatar
MGAdavid David Werblow
Portland, Connecticut, USA   USA
1954 MG TF
1959 MG MGA

NVAKeith Keith F
Alexandria, Virginia, USA   USA
1952 MG TD
drdata Avatar
drdata Charles Duffy
Healdsburg, CA, USA   USA
Even better...go to the supermarket and buy two aluminum oven pans for a few bucks. On the floor beneath, an old shower curtain liner.

Nick 38TA Avatar
Nick 38TA Nick Thompson
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK   GBR
1938 MG TA "The Beast"
Wednesday, 20.09.2017.
'Lunch in the country' run in the TA.meet at Langlands - Market Weighton then travelled another different convoluted route up hill down Yorkshire Dales to end st Harpem near Bridlington for lunch then 31.1 miles home. A total of 131 miles of good driving roads in decent weather. Enjoyed!

Nick 38TA Avatar
Nick 38TA Nick Thompson
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK   GBR
1938 MG TA "The Beast"
Re: Charlie Adams, Just read your response to my 10th., September run up to Scotch Corner. Many thanks for your comments, much appreciated.
The area of the Yorkshire Dales is a great driving area with several 'hard' hills which so far have not given the TA any problems. It is a 1350cc XPAG engine producing 85 to 90 BHP and the car only weighs 13cwt which no doubt helps.
If you google Rosedale in N Yorkshire and look at the hill (called The Chimney) it is 1 in 2.5 with two sharp bends and plenty of bumps. Not far away you can find Goathland (Aidensfield in Heartbeat on TV in England. Goathland is just of the Pickering to Whitby main road which is a stunning road. Next to Goathland is Beck Hole, a steep drop down from Goathland over a hump back bridge (a pub next to the bridge) about 10 houses and steep hill out and that is it. From Pickering to Whitby there is a Steam railway with stations at several stations en route.
Also running from Goathland to Beck Hole there is a graded ramp that was originally created by the George Stephenson to test a rack drive steam railway for export to South America.
Plenty to see and learn.
Regards, Nick.

Port Aransas, Texas, USA   USA
1952 MG TD
Hey Nick,

if I come over there, can you find me a T to lease for that run?

Regards
Adios

Rick

oily-hands Avatar
oily-hands Owen Frankland
Stockton on Tees, Cleveland, UK   GBR
1937 MG TA "Numbum"
1971 MG MGB GT "The Bruise"
I have to agree with Nick about the Yorkshire Dales. Great roads & wonderful scenery.

He mentioned Rosedale Chimney. It's shown at 2.29 on this video.

Member of The International Society of Luddites (Unrepentant Chapter).

Take the time to understand what a part does and how it does it, then you'll have a better understanding of how to fix it when it goes wrong. Beats the scattergun approach every time.

Ignition testing made easy.

Making your MGB handbrake work

My You Tube Channel

Life with an MG TA and an MGB GT in the UK.

Our charity drive in our 1937 MGTA

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster