MGExp

T-Series & Prewar Forum

What did you do with your T-Series today?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Townsend, Tennessee, USA   USA
Hey, Tim -

Not sure who Gary referred to, but I used Atlantic Coast Plating in Athens, Tenn. Very good folks to work with, and I'm very happy with the results. Info here: http://www.atlanticcoastplatinginc.com/

smileys with beer
Mickey, Displaced Coo... Cajun grinning smiley

In reply to # 3560026 by ferricsteed Gary, what was your experience with tbe chrome plater in TN? I tried Graves but they have priced themselves out of my range. Please share contact information on the TN plater.
Thank you,
Tim Bloomfield

'73 MGB
'69 MGB GT/V6 Conversion
Victor TF

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
shoalsgary Avatar
shoalsgary Gary Simpson
Killen, Alabama, USA   USA
1954 MG TF "Junior"
1954 MG TF
Southern Plating, Savanah, TN Haven't tried them yet but they come highly recommended.

Skygod Avatar
Skygod Gold Member Brad Purvis
Toano, Virginia, USA   USA
1946 MG TC
1953 MG TD MkII "Cissy"
In reply to # 3560883 by shoalsgary Does it really matter? Paint it rhe color YOU like. Show judges are often abysmally ignorant on what's correct and are more influenced by local good ole boys' entries than accuracy anyway.

You're probably correct Gary.

If you don't know where you are going, any road can take you there.

Brad

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Skygod Avatar
1946 MG TC
1953 MG TD MkII "Cissy"
I am constantly amazed by the things I find absent, incorrect or simply shoddily done, despite the overall high quality of the car. Today, while I was topping up the gearbox after changing the fluid a couple of weeks ago, I pulled back the carpet for the first time to discover the rubber gearbox cover is missing all of its fasteners. Why I did not notice this the first time I drained and refilled the gearbox oil is a mystery to me, but there you have it, so I just ordered a fastener set from FTFU. And yes, I already cleaned the dust and grit from the aforementioned cover.

Brad

Attachments:
IMG_5919.JPG    35.3 KB
IMG_5919.JPG

IMG_5918.JPG    38.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Skygod Avatar
1946 MG TC
1953 MG TD MkII "Cissy"
Rain all day, which is not bad since it brought cooler air allowing me to finally work in the garage for a bit. It's been in the mid to upper nineties (35ºC+) with ghastly humidity to match. Today 75ºF (24ºC), although 100% humidity.
Other discoveries today include the pedal fume excluder retaining plate is secured with (OMG!) Phillips head screws. The rather flimsy carpet, which must be a rather recent addition, is not very well installed. Most of the edges overlap the gearbox cover, except for the rear where is is tucked underneath. I changed that, moving the carpet to overlap the rear of the cover, thinking it might make it easier to move the gearshift lever "snug" circlip into the retaining slot on the gearshift shaft, but no luck. I just can't seem to compress the rubber cover or underlying spring enough to get the circlip seated so the "snug" will continue to rattle around for now until I can get another set of hands to assist. I'm sure there is a "correct way" to layer the carpet, but I'm not really too concerned about it at the moment.
One last thing. The gearbox dipstick seems to jut flop into the case. Is there supposed to be a small rubber seal of some kind?

Brad

MGAdavid Avatar
MGAdavid David Werblow
Portland, Connecticut, USA   USA
1954 MG TF
1959 MG MGA
". The gearbox dipstick seems to jut flop into the case. Is there supposed to be a small rubber seal of some kind?"

I'm pretty sure that my TC had a cork seal around the gearbox dipstick, but I'm not so sure that it was OEM.

fireman435 David Trapp
Lexington, Kentucky, USA   USA
Body off! Body now on! Keep on working!

David

Attachments:
IMG_0487.JPG    53 KB
IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0490.JPG    60.6 KB
TD4834 Avatar
TD4834 Bill Chasser
Sacramento, CA, USA   USA
Skinned the front of TD/c-8151 today.

Attachments:
IMG_1532.JPG    53.8 KB
IMG_1532.JPG

IMG_1531.JPG    50.4 KB
shoalsgary Avatar
shoalsgary Gary Simpson
Killen, Alabama, USA   USA
1954 MG TF "Junior"
1954 MG TF
Been there. Done that...

Nick 38TA Avatar
Nick 38TA Nick Thompson
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK   GBR
1938 MG TA "The Beast"
July 29th, 2017.
Took the TA to Lotherton Hall on the back roads, twisty, bumpy but more or less level. A good run with the local MG group. 132 miles all in.

fireman435 David Trapp
Fitted, trimmed and adjusted both doors today. Now they are off to paint!

David

Attachments:
IMG_0492.JPG    58.5 KB
IMG_0492.JPG

IMG_0493.JPG    57.7 KB
fireman435 David Trapp
The grill is on! Starting to look like a real MG!

Attachments:
IMG_0495.JPG    54.2 KB
IMG_0495.JPG

Skygod Avatar
1946 MG TC
1953 MG TD MkII "Cissy"
Eighty-four mile round trip with the HWMGTS for lunch at Shirley Plantation on the James River in Virginia.

Brad

Attachments:
IMG_6114.JPG    66.9 KB
IMG_6114.JPG

Skygod Avatar
1946 MG TC
1953 MG TD MkII "Cissy"
This is what happens when you take your 12 year old granddaughter with you on above said trip and ask her to take some pictures with your iPhone (plus 100 more just like these).

Brad

Attachments:
IMG_5951.JPG    42.9 KB
IMG_5951.JPG

IMG_5952.JPG    47.7 KB
IMG_5953.JPG    43.4 KB
IMG_5964.JPG    37.1 KB
IMG_5960.JPG    44.2 KB
MGAdavid Avatar
MGAdavid David Werblow
Portland, Connecticut, USA   USA
1954 MG TF
1959 MG MGA
Best T-type MG pictures--ever !

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster