MGExp

T-Series & Prewar Forum

What did you do with your T-Series today?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

peter14222 Avatar
peter14222 Peter Gilvarry
Buffalo, NY, USA   USA
That is a cute car, mine was that color scheme originally, now MG Red with black interior.

I guess Red was popular 20 years ago.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
pop5948 Avatar
pop5948 Silver Member Wayne Telman
Townville, South Carolina, USA   USA
What kind of cat food do you recommend? LOL

Bald Eagle Avatar
Bald Eagle Mike Tooke
Santa Paula, California, USA   USA
1947 MG TC "Eleanor"
1947 MG TC
1967 MG MGB
2008 Scion xB "The Silver Brick"
Purina.

Old joke-

A guy was buying a bag of Purina Dog Chow at WalMart when the woman behind him asked what kind of dog he had. "I don't have a dog." he replied, "That's for me."
"Really?" the woman replied.
"Yeah," the man responded. "It's the Dog Chow weight loss program. Worked pretty well for a while, but I ended up in the hospital. Thought I'd give it another try."
"Digestive problems?"
"No."
"Inadequate nutritional balance?"
"No, nothing like that."
"Then what was it?"
"Well, after eating Dog Chow for about six weeks I was sitting in the middle of the road one day licking my privates when I got hit by a truck."

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Ann M Avatar
Ann M Ann Murdock
Bay Shore, New York, USA   USA
1955 MG TF 1500 "My TF"
Vanderbilt Museum Jaguar and MG Invitational Concours d'Elegance Centerport, Long Island NY
September 10, 2017. Beautiful day, beautiful show. My Red TF got a 2nd place in class. Some pictures attached.

Attachments:
IMG_1107.JPG    100.3 KB
IMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG    96 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_1098.JPG    59.9 KB
IMG_1090.JPG    43.6 KB
LaVerne Avatar
LaVerne LaVerne Downey
Fruita, Colorado, USA   USA
1954 MG TF "Green Hornet"
1969 MG MGB
Very nice

MGACharlie Avatar
MGACharlie Charlie Adams
Fairfax Station, Virginia, USA   USA
1951 MG TD MkII
1955 MG TF
1962 MG MGA MkII "Red"
Congratulations! Looks like a beautiful show.

Tpss1 Tim Parrott
Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK   GBR
Nearing the end of a 3 year rebuild. Garages are small here and real estate is pricey. Builders build garages for micro cars and little else. Car has been rebuilt one side at a time with a "wheelie bin" as a stand up workbench. Just wanted to catch up with the rest of you and show the world what can be achieved with a TA.

Attachments:
P1000117.JPG    62.6 KB
P1000117.JPG

P1000114.JPG    72.1 KB
P1000105.JPG    52 KB
P1000107.JPG    51.3 KB
Buckdendave David Hill
St Neots, Cambridgeshire, UK   GBR
1954 MG TF
Great work and an interesting colour. I sympathise with your lack of space - I found it restricting in a double garage.
Dave H

MGAdavid Avatar
MGAdavid David Werblow
Portland, Connecticut, USA   USA
1954 MG TF
1959 MG MGA
Tom,

Very nice looking car. That's a fantastic colour, one we don't see over here.

crankjournal Len Fanelli
Yonkers, NY, USA   USA
Very nice TA!
My one car garage is filled as well: my TD & Citroen Mehari!
Len Fanelli

Interceptor Avatar
Interceptor Mike Brand
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia, USA   USA
1955 MG TF 1500 "The TF"
1956 Volvo TP21 "Sugga"
1963 Jaguar E-Type Coupe "The Blue Jag"
1967 MG MGB GT "The GT"    & more
You should be very proud Tim....and overwhelmed with satisfaction! Excellent Work. This is the kind of thing that makes your Cheeks ache from smiling so much!

Very Nice

MGACharlie Avatar
MGACharlie Charlie Adams
Fairfax Station, Virginia, USA   USA
1951 MG TD MkII
1955 MG TF
1962 MG MGA MkII "Red"
Tim,
Thanks for sharing. I do like the color and well done!
Charlie

Nick 38TA Avatar
Nick 38TA Nick Thompson
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK   GBR
1938 MG TA "The Beast"
Wednesday 6.08.17
Just the monthly trip to the Tiger Noggin in Beverley by shorter way, late getting off, rain clouds coming home. 33.5 mile total.

Sunday 10.09.17
Forecast from beginning of week said 3.5 hours of heavy rain so did not arrange to go oh a run. However woke up reasonably early and it was cool but sunny so decided to go to the meet anyway. Goggle said 2hours 25 mins and I was not ready until 7.35 - the event started at Ten so could just about make it.Best route took me along York by-pass, Thirsk Northallerton and back roads to Scotch Corner then along the A66 to the meet. I made it with about 15 mins to spare. Not bad -I had to stop to switch on my reserve petrol supply
Ten fill up in Thirsk. Then after the others (about 40 of them- TA through to new type TF) set off home with the intention of going up Sutton Bank and over the top But approaching Thirsk I could see heavy rain on the top so came back the rest of the way on the low roads. Stopped at York by-pass and parked up in the large car park to eat a big Mac meal and several strangers came up for a good talk about the car. Arrived home opened the doors, put the TA in as the storm broke. Timed it well! 220 miles total.

LGMTR6 Avatar
LGMTR6 Larry Miceli
Mount Dora, Florida, USA   USA
1952 MG TD
1954 MG TF 1500
1958 Triumph TR3A
1967 MG MGB GT    & more
Nick,
That's a great write up! Here in Florida it's too dang hot most of the time to plan an impromptu 220 mile trip! At least in the TD. I really enjoy those reports of driving vintage MGs on the back roads of the U.K. My mother grew up in Bournemouth, and whenever we'd visit family there I always marveled at the number of vintage cars still on the road!

Larry Miceli
Mount Dora, Florida
52 MG TD
54 MG TF 1500 (project)
56 Triumph TR3 (project)
67 MGB GT
68 MGC GT
68 Triumph TR 250
71 Triumph Stag
73 Triumph Stag (project)
74 Triumph TR6

I've just never really figured out the "sell one when you get another" part of it all...

Nick 38TA Avatar
Nick 38TA Nick Thompson
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK   GBR
1938 MG TA "The Beast"
Thanks Larry, I do not plan very much, basically because I do not have a roof just a flat cap and a jacket. The run proved one thing though, the TA will cruise at 70mph plus now, it would not before I opened up the bore of one of the petrol delivery unions (to the rear carb) from a bare 3mm up to 5.5mm.
Regards.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster