MGExp

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

FS: ..Restoration Project-Rare 68 MGB Canadian Spec SteeL Dash-4 Synchro OD Roadster [Ontario, CAN]

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

mgbanthony Avatar
mgbanthony Platinum Member Anthony Henderson
Gananoque, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1962 MG MGB
1962 MG MGB
1970 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB    & more
If any interest, I'll provide detailed photos of what you're starting with, which is the above, in storage since the mid-80s...and needing restoration.

Factory 4 synchro overdrive car, originally mineral blue. Currently yellow with fibreglass front fenders.

This car is structurally solid in the right places.
Needs floors, sills, heelboard extensions, lower rr quarters, left front steel fender.

These were delivered to the Canadian market during the first months of 68 production, after the US cars received the padded dash and emission controls. Some view these as the best possible rendition of the MGB. This one has a ton of potential...rare mineral blue, factory overdrive-original engine turns over smoothly...and wire wheels, and a straight starting point.

Price is $3500US firm. Have ownership, and importing to the US should be straightforward.

Will come with used original steel front fender, (right) needing lower repair section, correct early seat frames, correct banjo steering wheel, an original front valance needing minor dent removal, good left door, good trunk lid.

Mineral blue photo is what it could look like...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-07 09:47 AM by mgbanthony.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_5028.JPG    54 KB
IMG_5028.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG    53.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_5086.JPG    43.8 KB
IMG_5083.JPG    41 KB
IMG_5084.JPG    43.6 KB
jckent Avatar
jckent Silver Member Royce Burnett
Miami, MB, Canada   CAN
Dammit man, stop finding these cars! I don't need the agony..

mgbanthony Avatar
1962 MG MGB
1962 MG MGB
1970 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB    & more
In reply to # 3625930 by jckent Dammit man, stop finding these cars! I don't need the agony..

I picked up a spool of wire and a tank of gas for the Mig welder, have the parts list sitting on my desk....and a bolt on wheel parts car sitting beside it, but my body is saying no, no, NO!!!
The clutch works, king pins are good...one could be driving this in the spring...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mgbanthony Avatar
1962 MG MGB
1962 MG MGB
1970 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB    & more
Well.....????

How often do you see one of these...never mind for sale, and a straight forward viable project...it's waiting for you..great for creating arguments at car shows, as 98/100 MGB experts won't believe it isn't a conversion...

John Hamilton Avatar
Laurel Hill, FL, USA   USA
1963 Austin-Healey Sprite
1965 MG MGB "The Great Pumpkin"
1968 MG MGB GT "Buck"
1970 MG MGB "Dad's Car"
Steel dash with a 4 synchro gearbox and only 2 wipers. The best of the best!

If I can't be fast, I'll just be obnoxious!

mgbanthony Avatar
1962 MG MGB
1962 MG MGB
1970 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB    & more
In reply to # 3629044 by John Hamilton Steel dash with a 4 synchro gearbox and only 2 wipers. The best of the best!

Yes indeed. A very unusual variant of North American Bs, and this one has factory overdrive also.

mgbanthony Avatar
1962 MG MGB
1962 MG MGB
1970 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB    & more
Still here...snooze you lose.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster