Firebird rear end narrowed and modified to fit MGB [MO, USA]

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

declan Declan Gardner
University City, MO, USA   USA
80’s Firebird rear end, 5 lug(bolt pattern same as MGC 5 lug), disc brakes, limited slip, “3:3/1 I think”, and mounts to fit rubber bumper MGB (this may be the same as the chrome bumper?). The brakes will need a proportioning valve in line when you set up the new lines. $1200

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
rearend1.JPG    62.5 KB
rearend1.JPG

rearend2.JPG    65.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
rearend3.JPG    58.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
declan Declan Gardner
$1000

52" wide, There is one bracket that are 25" apart and another set that are on 38" apart.

declan Declan Gardner
Not sure how I miss measured, my flat edge may have been on a stud. Wheel mating surface to wheel mating surface is 50.5".
3 and 1/4 turns of the driveshaft to turn the wheel.
It is a 10 bolt rear end, I am going to try to identify whether it is a 8.2 or 8.5...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Stevenp3762 Steven Pignataro
Bradenton, Florida, USA   USA
Peg leg or positraction?

nonracer Gold Member Steve Codianni
AZ, USA   USA
It is a 10 bolt rear end, I am going to try to identify whether it is a 8.2 or 8.5...
[/quote]

It has a torque are mount which means it from a 3rd gen F-body 82-92 . It's a 7.5" 10 bolt .

declan Declan Gardner
$800

limey222 Avatar
limey222 Silver Member Michael Cubbon
Portland, Oregon, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB "Mandy"
This appears to be really good deal for someone, distance was too far for me too snag it . I was on the fence regarding buying a Quaife when I took serious look at this, but in the end, for me, the Quaife won out.

declan Declan Gardner
Feel free to make an offer, I can use this on my car and it would be sort of cool, but I don't really need it.

declan Declan Gardner
^

declan Declan Gardner
I can ship this on a pallet, judging from past experience it would probably be in the ballpark of $300 going out to either coast hub to hub. Disc brakes, lsd, and a rear end that can handle the abuse that most V8 or V6 builds can throw at it. This was intended to be used in a car with a v8 pushing out 300hp, the projected was abandoned when my father-in-law passed away.

declan Declan Gardner
$500 OBO

I am selling this to help offset the cost of sending a really nice b motor to a shop to be assembled so I can drop that in my car. Someone with a nice v6-or v8 project needs this more than I do.

Brushwolf Avatar
Brushwolf Mike Haglund
Rush City, Minnesota, USA   USA
Sure that is a 7.5". My LT1 Firebird has 8.5. And it is limited slip? What part of MO are you in?

Thanks, Mike

Brushwolf Avatar
Brushwolf Mike Haglund
Rush City, Minnesota, USA   USA
Oh, that was someone else that thought it was a 7.5.. I think he is wrong, but I am more of a Ford guy so who knows...?

Nothing wrong with my original axle IDT, but would suspect shipping to 55069 zip would probably not be anywhere close to $300. What is your zip?

Thanks,

Mike

declan Declan Gardner
I am in University City, 63132
It has limited slip, I know it was out of a late 80's firebird.

declan Declan Gardner
Still available. PM me if you need specific information, such as numbers stamped on the housing or need something measured, calculated...

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster