MGExp

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

"Budget" Large Valve 12h2923 Cylinder Head...Price Reduced(Cheese eaten)

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

HiPowerShooter Avatar
HiPowerShooter Gold Member James Booker
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
EAA Airventure bump!

Save $50 over the Flea Bay price.

"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions"--Alvin "Tex" Johnston...Boeing test pilot.

73 MGB. Tires: Round, black, hold air. Oil: Sometimes old, sometimes new...always slippery. Oil filter: Yellow, usually full of oil. Carbs: 2 SU HIF. Distributor: Yes. Headlights: Not that bright but bright enough. A bunch of other stuff most cars have but not really important enough to itemize. Oh, wait...it has a cool sounding exhaust with stickers on the chrome tips. Really slays the ladies...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
Up...

"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions"--Alvin "Tex" Johnston...Boeing test pilot.

73 MGB. Tires: Round, black, hold air. Oil: Sometimes old, sometimes new...always slippery. Oil filter: Yellow, usually full of oil. Carbs: 2 SU HIF. Distributor: Yes. Headlights: Not that bright but bright enough. A bunch of other stuff most cars have but not really important enough to itemize. Oh, wait...it has a cool sounding exhaust with stickers on the chrome tips. Really slays the ladies...

HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
Apparently the cylinder head famine continues...last year i couldn't build 'em fast enough to sell. Then again we haven't hit August yet...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
RIRaven Avatar
RIRaven Silver Member Dave Wilson
Little Compton, Rhode Island, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB GT
1973 MG MGB
James, be patient and we'll blow out the heads we're driving hard this summer. MG

Dave

HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
It's been a relatively mild summer so far here at least. Lots of rain in May/June so I think that kept people up here inside more than usual.

In reply to # 3560399 by RIRaven James, be patient and we'll blow out the heads we're driving hard this summer. MG

HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
Bump

HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
This is a record...I"ve never had a head "sit" more than about a week and a half!

Still here. Must be a cool summer!lol!

jimac Jim Macaulay
Concord Ma., USA   USA
Hi James, A little surprised you're still in possession of that cylinder head! I'm curious, what are those dimples in the roof of the
combustion chambers? Never seen those before, what purpose do they serve?
Thanks and better luck with your sale, Jim Macaulay
P.S. how's your friend making doing with that ZS carb. I sold him last summer?

HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
Apparently the previous owner's machinist punched them in as insurance against the seats pulling out. I thought they were dimples added thinking it would improve the turbulence/ F/A mixture inside the combustion chamber...either way they're harmless and not worth the trouble(as well as increased volume chamber) to cut out. I had dimpled another head but saw no difference on the flow bench.

I'm surprised it's lasted as well...must not be as hot as last year or people aren't driving as much!lol!

IRT the carb; His car is still running great and he's enjoying it much more this summer! Thanks again.

In reply to # 3566037 by jimac Hi James, A little surprised you're still in possession of that cylinder head! I'm curious, what are those dimples in the roof of the
combustion chambers? Never seen those before, what purpose do they serve?
Thanks and better luck with your sale, Jim Macaulay
P.S. how's your friend making doing with that ZS carb. I sold him last summer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-06 09:36 AM by HiPowerShooter.

jimac Jim Macaulay
Concord Ma., USA   USA
James, Glad to hear his car is running great! The ZS has, and perhaps deservedly so, a bad reputation but people
forget that they must have run well when new, and when properly sorted and adjusted they get the car down the road
with some semblance of alacrity.
Cheers, Jim Macaulay

HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
Bump...Moving sale(Literally...I'm closing in three weeks)

I'm getting ready to pack up the garage this head is in and don't want to take it as it's already packed and ready to be shipped...don't want to deal with finding it if need be.

$600 including the shipping to your residence in CONUS. Out of the US will garner you a $40 credit!

Sorry...you missed out on a block of the best small batch locally made Jalepeno Muenster cheese. I couldn't look at it any longer!lol!

HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
Weekend bump...

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster