MGExp

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

"Budget" Large Valve 12h2923 Cylinder Head...Price Reduced(Cheese eaten)

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

HiPowerShooter Avatar
HiPowerShooter Gold Member James Booker
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
I figured there would be some interest in a basic rebuild to save a few bucks....so here it is.

- Magnafluxed and checked for cracks
- OEM Valves, re-surfaced and lapped in(exhaust valves were replaced at some point). Verified good post build via vac test.
- Exhaust valves have hardened seats
- Valve guides checked good
- Valve guides cut to fit blue Viton guide seals
- New valve springs
- Head skimmed

Cleaned, painted, boxed and ready for a shipping label

$675 Delivered via pony express or UPS...whichever comes by first.winking smiley

"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions"--Alvin "Tex" Johnston...Boeing test pilot.

73 MGB. Tires: Round, black, hold air. Oil: Sometimes old, sometimes new...always slippery. Oil filter: Yellow, usually full of oil. Carbs: 2 SU HIF. Distributor: Yes. Headlights: Not that bright but bright enough. A bunch of other stuff most cars have but not really important enough to itemize. Oh, wait...it has a cool sounding exhaust with stickers on the chrome tips. Really slays the ladies...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-12 10:53 PM by HiPowerShooter.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20170609_150644[1].jpg    40.4 KB
20170609_150644[1].jpg

20170609_150657.jpg    38.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20170609_150807.jpg    35.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
I know there are some owners out there who have tuition payments and what not...so $700/800 clams isn't just petty cash. If you need this head and want to pay me over 2 months that's not a problem. I've had a couple of people more or less tell me that they can't afford all of it at one time. I'll ship it out once the first is received so you can get on with the install and drive. I know there's a level of trust which must be extended but I'm "old school" and if a man gives me their word...it's good until proven otherwise. I've done pretty big "deals" on handshakes alone so it's not a big deal to me.

You can PM me and figure something out...

"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions"--Alvin "Tex" Johnston...Boeing test pilot.

73 MGB. Tires: Round, black, hold air. Oil: Sometimes old, sometimes new...always slippery. Oil filter: Yellow, usually full of oil. Carbs: 2 SU HIF. Distributor: Yes. Headlights: Not that bright but bright enough. A bunch of other stuff most cars have but not really important enough to itemize. Oh, wait...it has a cool sounding exhaust with stickers on the chrome tips. Really slays the ladies...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-11 03:44 PM by HiPowerShooter.

HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
$650...Weekend special!

larrym Avatar
larrym Larry M
near Sacramento, California, USA   USA
1968 Volkswagen 1600 "Manx"
wow!

doesn't say much for the current MG parts market does it?

couple yrs ago good heads were near impossible to find & "flying off the shelves" - and they cost $40 to ship

HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
No it doesn't.

A couple of years ago when I got into this MG thing, I was buying HIF carb sets for $100 or so...now I see the ridiculous prices for them. Core heads were relatively easy to find but now are not and even good cores are fetching $200 for the 2923's.

I'll keep it for less than $650.

In reply to # 3535059 by larrym wow!

doesn't say much for the current MG parts market does it?

couple yrs ago good heads were near impossible to find & "flying off the shelves" - and they cost $40 to ship

HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
Weekend bump....it's heating up out there.

Price won't drop from here.

HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
Bump per request

HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
It's Saturday...time to fix that leaking milkshake maker...

benhutcherson Avatar
benhutcherson Gold Member Ben Hutcherson
Louisville/Frankfort, Kentucky, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB
Like I said in another thread, you won't be disappointed getting a head from James!

HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
Iola bump

HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
I'll throw in a brick of the best jalapeño/muenster cheese you'll ever taste. Made at a small family run local cheese haus.

Head AND Cheese...No! NOT "Headcheese"...that's just wrong!winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-11 01:25 PM by HiPowerShooter.

dickmoritz Avatar
dickmoritz Gold Member Dick Moritz
Philly 'burbs, PA, USA   USA
cool smiley

Dick

In reply to # 3549910 by HiPowerShooter I'll throw in a brick of the best jalapeño/muenster cheese you'll ever taste. Made at a small family run local cheese haus.

Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
(Often wrong, but always certain)

Attachments:
Cheese head.jpg    17.9 KB
Cheese head.jpg

HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
Hey...it saved the life of a private pilot. He lost and engine and had to set it down hard. He grabbed it and it protected him from the impact with the console. True story!

In reply to # 3549929 by dickmoritz cool smiley

Dick

In reply to # 3549910 by HiPowerShooter I'll throw in a brick of the best jalapeño/muenster cheese you'll ever taste. Made at a small family run local cheese haus.

dickmoritz Avatar
dickmoritz Gold Member Dick Moritz
Philly 'burbs, PA, USA   USA
Which raises the rhetorical question, Why do kamikaze pilots wear helmets??? eye popping smiley

Dick

In reply to # 3549952 by HiPowerShooter Hey...it saved the life of a private pilot. He lost and engine and had to set it down hard. He grabbed it and it protected him from the impact with the console. True story!

In reply to # 3549929 by dickmoritz cool smiley

Dick

Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
(Often wrong, but always certain)

HiPowerShooter Avatar
1973 MG MGB
C'mon...you KNOW you want the cheese. Bonus head comes with it!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster