AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

1976 Midget [Alabama, USA]
Feedback Midget Parts Wanted
63Tango Scott Kaiser
Pinson, Alabama, USA   USA
I have wanted to restore a Midget for 20 years and now my wife and I have been blessed with one. Most of the parts are there, but the interior needs the most help. Any suggestions of where I can find parts at a decent price without having to lose an arm and leg would be helpful. Also what in all of your experiences could help us in our restoration travels. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
driver front.jpg    28.3 KB
driver front.jpg

pass front.jpeg    56 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
interior.jpeg    44.4 KB
engine.jpeg    66.9 KB
76lucas Avatar
76lucas Gold Member Josh L
Floyd, VA, USA   USA
Welcome to the fun.The two largest suppliers are Moss and Victoria British. There quite a few other companies many which have ads on the vendor market forum. Checking the BST will help has parts come up often. Sites like e-bay and craigslist will also have some once in awhile. Interior parts are expensive no matter what car it is. First thing I suggest getting is the workshop manual for the 1500 midget. If you can't get the answer from that than you can always post on the midget forum.I doubt you'll run into a problem that someone has not seen and knows how to fix.

If you never try to do it You will never be able to do it

Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA   USA
Scott,
Welcome to the forum! These are fun and simple cars with a lot of smiles per gallon! You also have Matthews Import Parts in Birmingham and when you get to a point that you need something, parts or suggestions for how to, post in the MG Midget forum.
Rut

1960 Bugeye undergoing restoration, 1275
1970 MGB, Pale Primrose
1967 Triumph TR4a
1966 Triumph TR4a
When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life. John Lennon

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tahoe36c Avatar
tahoe36c Paul Hruza
Panama City, FL, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC GT "Little Red Rocket..."
1972 MG MGB GT "Tiny Dancer"
2002 Harley-Davidson Dyna
Don't forget to try englishparts.com

Great company whose prices are generally 10% less expensive than Moss and Victoria British. Please understand that all these companies outsource parts from the same suppliers so you are NOT getting a better part because you paid more!!!

Victoria British has a LOT of sales that seem to run quarterly... Great prices that beat Moss by a huge margin when items are on sale.

I would use Moss last. You can always find it less expensive elsewhere.

Don't forget ebay. Good deals can be found there too. You just have to be patient and look around.

Have fun!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster