AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

FS: MGB V8 Project for sale [MO, USA]
MGB MGB GT Parts V8
declan Declan Gardner
University City, MO, USA   USA
My father-in-law recently passed, Dave Bash "crashbash" on the forums. We are selling his MGBV8 project to fund the restoration of his 69' B. I have this posted on BritishV8.org as well.

Parts are located in University City, MO. I can be contacted at 314-983-9155 (landline) or declangardner@sbcglobal.net
I am willing to place the motor and other parts on a pallet and ship-I have a commercial address with a dock available for pick-up, I have shipped vintage scooters in this manner and it is much cheaper business with a loading dock-business with a loading dock rather than residential-residential. Trying to come up with realistic prices based on what I see in the classifieds, receipts, and my experience, but I may miss the mark. I will consider offers: Still trying to keep the engine together, but I am thinking it will be easier to sell the other items separately, willing negotiate package deals.

******Engine SOLD*****

Following parts still available:

*Body/Shell-Rubber bumper car converted to chrome bumper, titled as a 1970 in my name. Hi-Tech Collision Repair of St. Louis performed the following work: cut & finished weld header wells, patched side marker lamp holes, patched front frame rails, chrome bumper conversion front and rear, straightened right frame rail, splice left and right fender fronts, re-prime body (etching primer). $1000

*MG LTD. 1” drop Spindles-$350

*Bolt on 5 lug brake upgrade, uses all MG components. Rare front MGC 5 lug hubs, 5 x 4 3/4" bolt pattern (same as Chevy, Buick, Olds, Pontiac, Jag, etc). Factory MGB V8 calipers, rebuilt cross drilled MGC rotors (machined to factory MGB V8 diameter, .500" thick) Hub and rotor assemblies have been computer balanced MGB V8 pads (used have approx. 80-90% pad thickness) All wheel bearings, spacers, shims, caps, etc, (no seals) wheel bearings, shims and rotors marked per side, so that they can be reassembled to their original mating parts-$800

*80’s Firebird rear end, 5 lug, disc brakes, limited slip, “3:3/1 I think”, and mounts to fit rubber bumper MGB (this may be the same as the chrome bumper?). The brakes will need a proportioning valve in line when you set up the new lines. $1200

*Front coil over kit from Henk-Jan Vonk with gutted Armstrong lever shocks, adjustable Gaz shocks, and cross member. $1100

*Panhard Rod Kit (I believe this is a Mantell Motorsports kit) $300

*Rear coil over kit (from Gary W/ Burner1-maybe just the brackets were from him and the shocks were sourced elsewhere?) $350

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-24 08:14 AM by declan.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <

Attachments:
172.JPG    58.8 KB
172.JPG

001.JPG    53.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
153.JPG    14 KB
002.JPG    50.9 KB
declan Declan Gardner
Sale of engine pending.

Pictures of the 80's firebird rear end. Narrowed, and mounts welded for MGB. Disc brakes and limited slip differentialsmiling smiley

Attachments:
rearend1.JPG    62.5 KB
rearend1.JPG

rearend2.JPG    65.7 KB
rearend3.JPG    58.5 KB
declan Declan Gardner
Pictures of the body/shell, It was keep indoors until about three weeks ago, Dave was set on me getting it out of his garage-so it's been under a car cover at a friends shop. The car is solid except for the crazy job someone did adding holes for speakers.

***I am keeping the factory hard top and the louvered hood, but the original hood goes with the cars***

I have the complete set of wheels in the picture, those are being sold separately, excellent shape $450

Attachments:
body1.JPG    69.2 KB
body1.JPG

body2.JPG    58.7 KB
body5.JPG    35.2 KB
body6.JPG    41.3 KB
declan Declan Gardner
$3000 package deal if anyone is interested in buying the rest of the project minus the engine:

*Body/Shell Rubber bumper car converted to chrome bumper, titled as a 1970 in my name. Hi-Tech Collision Repair of St. Louis performed the following work: cut & finished weld header wells, patched side marker lamp holes, patched front frame rails, chrome bumper conversion front and rear, straightened right frame rail, splice left and right fender fronts, re-prime body (etching primer).

*MG LTD. 1” drop Spindles

"Bolt on 5 lug brake upgrade, uses all MG components. Rare front MGC 5 lug hubs, 5 x 4 3/4" bolt pattern (same as Chevy, Buick, Olds, Pontiac, Jag, etc). Factory MGB V8 calipers, rebuilt cross drilled MGC rotors (machined to factory MGB V8 diameter, .500" thick) Hub and rotor assemblies have been computer balanced MGB V8 pads (used have approx. 80-90% pad thickness) All wheel bearings, spacers, shims, caps, etc, (no seals) wheel bearings, shims and rotors marked per side, so that they can be reassembled to their original mating parts"-$800

*80’s Firebird rear end, 5 lug, disc brakes, limited slip, “3:3/1 I think”, and mounts to fit rubber bumper MGB (this may be the same as the chrome bumper?). The brakes will need a proportioning valve in line when you set up the new lines.

*Front coil over kit from Henk-Jan Vonk with gutted Armstrong lever shocks, adjustable Gaz shocks, and cross member.

*Panhard Rod Kit (I believe this is a Mantell Motorsports kit)

*Rear coil over kit (from Gary W/ Burner1-maybe just the brackets were from him and the shocks were sourced elsewhere?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-23 09:02 AM by declan.

declan Declan Gardner
**Rear coil over kit has been SOLD**

Remaining Package available for $2700

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 MG MGA 1600

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links