Posted by skippymga 
skippymga Avatar
Scott Brown
Redwood City, Northern California, USA   usa
1964 MG MGB "#9"
1966 MG MGB GT "Boo"
1981 Volkswagen Caddy "Jeepers"

Sorry for the double posting.. on A forum
Ron Wheatley called me over the holiday. He's the current owner of the Huffaker-Slick MGB. (Joe Jrs. first race car built by him and Jim.

http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/other/1230742609/1230742609ss.htm

Member Services:
V31 Lightweight Aluminum Seats are built utilizing a state-of-the-art CAD/CAM system and production techniques that ensures the Vintage 31 seats are of the highest level of quality for your vintage racer or sports car. Proudly built in the USA.
Rick Starkweather Avatar
Raleigh, NC, USA   usa

Scott:

So did Ron buy the car from Dave Burrows to "flip" it, or to race it and his plans have now changed? Dave was recently selling it for around $20k as I recall...

Rick
. You can hide this ad & support this site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
skippymga Avatar
Scott Brown
1964 MG MGB "#9"
1966 MG MGB GT "Boo"

Hi Rick - Its my understanding that Ron also owns a Datsun Roadster and has decided to keep only one car.

s

Member Services:
V31 Lightweight Aluminum Seats are built utilizing a state-of-the-art CAD/CAM system and production techniques that ensures the Vintage 31 seats are of the highest level of quality for your vintage racer or sports car. Proudly built in the USA.
blackmgb Avatar
Fred McConnell
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA   usa
1992 Mazda Miata NA "MAC"

Do you think this is the same car that is pictured in the competition prep manual?
skippymga Avatar
Scott Brown
1964 MG MGB "#9"
1966 MG MGB GT "Boo"

On the phone with Joe now... will ask.

Member Services:
skippymga Avatar
Scott Brown
1964 MG MGB "#9"
1966 MG MGB GT "Boo"

Parts of the car... the car in the book was raced by Merle Brennen.

Member Services:
skippymga Avatar
Scott Brown
1964 MG MGB "#9"
1966 MG MGB GT "Boo"

Fred -
The B in the book was rolled into a ball by Jerry Slick. Joe Senior built another B using may of the pieces from the original car and this is what if for sale. Confirmed by Joe, Joe and Joe.

As the story goes... the B is brought back into the pits and is a mess. Jerry walks over to Joe Senior and says, "The motor let go and I spun in my own oil." Joe Senior saying nothing, reaches into the car, turns the key and the motor fires right up!

Member Services:
David Allen
Maine, USA   usa

Nice car ! What's a "stepboard head "

Thanks Dave '79 MGB
. You can hide this ad & support this site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
Speedracer Avatar
Hap Waldrop
Greenville, SC, USA   usa
1967 MG MGB "The Biscuit"

Scott send this picture to Joe, tell him, this is the car Bill Underwood has now. I don't think I've ever shown this picture here before.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
Performance Street/Race engines- modified heads, and DIY engine rebuilt kits
New alloy wheels options for MGBs, see vendors forum for details.
http://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?68,2657584
Be sure to check my engine rebuild kit thread in the Vendors forum for weekly tips. http://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?68,1828263

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Tech Advice - Alloy wheels for MGB/TR6

Attachments:
WoodnerMidget.jpg (40.6 KB) –
WoodnerMidget.jpg

skippymga Avatar
Scott Brown
1964 MG MGB "#9"
1966 MG MGB GT "Boo"

Hi Hap... photo was sent to Joe.

Member Services:
99hjhm Avatar
James H
West Midlands, England, United Kingdom   gbr
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB GT "DLP 692J"
1971 MG MGB GT "WEL 682J"
1975 MG MGB GT "LVT 844P"

Question....

Whats a stepboard head???
racer76 Avatar
Eric E.
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia   aus
1968 MG MGB "Blue"
1979 MG MGB "Black"

99hjhm Wrote:
Quote: Question....

Nope, Google is no help smiling smiley
99hjhm Avatar
James H
West Midlands, England, United Kingdom   gbr
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB GT "DLP 692J"
1971 MG MGB GT "WEL 682J"
1975 MG MGB GT "LVT 844P"

Hap will know...
twentyover Avatar
Greg Fast
Burbs of Detroit MI, USA   usa

Just a stab here- I'm wondering if 'stepboard' is the name of the people who prepped the head- kind of like a Comptune or Downton. Remember that this is a advertisement, and the person entering the information may have made a typo, misread copy, been a fnctional illiterate, or not known what the reference was about.

If you read the copy, Huffaker manufactured the radiator, close ratio transmission, and rear end. Yes, I'm sure he manufactured them. or maybe be rebuilt and tuned them, and they were manfactured by an MG supplier.

I guess when I read ad copy, I don't take it too seriously, especially when they talk in general terms like 'close ratio' rather than listing the actual ratios (which to me is much more helpful and descriptive)
Speedracer Avatar
Hap Waldrop

99hjhm Wrote:
Quote: Question....

That a head you use as stepboard to step up into the trailer door at the race track smiling smiley
I have no idea what he is talking about, and I speak Haplish, as my friend Fred like to say smiling smiley

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
Be sure to check my engine rebuild kit thread in the Vendors forum for weekly tips. http://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?68,1828263

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Tech Advice - Alloy wheels for MGB/TR6
rocket ralphie Avatar
ralph zbarsky
Vancouver, BC, Canada   can

I vote for 'stepboard head=stepped header'. What do I win?

Attachments:
FORE!!.jpg (25.6 KB) –
FORE!!.jpg

Speedracer Avatar
Hap Waldrop

rocket ralphie Wrote:
Quote: I vote for 'stepboard head=stepped header'. What do I win?

My bet is with you Tiger smiling smiley

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Member Services:

Reply to this topic or post your own questions!

Members Sign In if you've already registered, or

Register a New Account

Registration is free and takes less than a minute

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Check the Forum Help File (FAQ) or contact the webmaster.

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

MGExp Menu

What's New

Membership

Forums ->

MGB & GT

MG Midget

Buy, Sell & Trade

Vendor Market

MG Engine Swaps

Original MG