Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

at the glen Avatar
at the glen Jim Acquilano
Bloomfield, NY, USA   USA
Looking forward to meeting him at the Toad.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
Spitfire mgb Avatar
Spitfire mgb Christopher Seely
Franconia, New Hampshire, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB
1971 BMW 2002
A friend of mine has a nice midget that is completely ready to go. Beautiful car, I think it might be an old scca racer but I would have to look again. Black with a red roll bar. Its all ready to go to the track, I think he wants $7000 for it. It rides like it is on rails.

twentyover Avatar
twentyover Greg Fast
Lives in SoCal, Resides in the Burbs of Detroit MI, USA   USA
In reply to # 3535337 by Avalon Motorsports
In reply to # 3535065 by larrym so, there ya go

- a dilettante with mountainous cash and no idea what he wants (except to go-fast-&-win)

sending guys like this info on our track-ready cars FS is a colossal waste of time,

as is trying to "educate" him about HP-vs-handling since he'd already learned about that in race-school, eh?

In reply to # 3528402 by Avalon Motorsports My worry is he has much more money than talent and keeps talking 600HP Corvette as his first race car.

Let's say after a good heart to heart over a beer he saw the light. Jeff is going to be a great addition to our group of racers!

Good to hear

On rare occasions I'm out in SoCal when VARA or SVRA West are running, I was flagging at such an event, and there was a novice running an ex IROC 2nd Gen Camaro. He would blast thru the back straight and front straight at Willow, then tiptoe around the rest of the track, inadvertently making the car about 3 Camaros wide. As part of his driving school, he was assigned to sit on a corner with me. I spent the best part of 3 sessions trying to show and tell him he's get faster faster staring with a D or E prod vintage car then going from his street car to a tube frame IROC car

fast-MG.com Avatar
fast-MG.com Gold Member Dave Headley
Cortez, 4 corners, Colorado, USA   USA
Greg, didn't I first meet you when you were flagging at Phoenix(PIR)?smoking smiley

Member Services:
Dave Headley, dba FAB-TEK offers full service race car parts and preperation for MGB & MGA race cars, SCCA and Vintage. Dave is a mechanical engineer and has raced MGBs since 1963.
Avalon Motorsports Avatar
Avalon Motorsports Robby Bork
Buffalo, NY, USA   USA
1962 MG MGA MkII De-Luxe "The Bruiser"
In reply to # 3535524 by fast-MG.com Greg, didn't I first meet you when you were flagging at Phoenix(PIR)?smoking smiley

Dave, You say that to all the guys!!!!

twentyover Avatar
twentyover Greg Fast
Lives in SoCal, Resides in the Burbs of Detroit MI, USA   USA
In reply to # 3535524 by fast-MG.com Greg, didn't I first meet you when you were flagging at Phoenix(PIR)?smoking smiley

Yes sir, that is correct. I started flagging in 1988, co-managed the Long beach MG Club Flag team from 1990-1995 when I decided working on the corner was more fun then the tower (Actually walked off the job on Sunday afternoon from a VARA event @ Willow springs where the flag team was ordered to pull a stupid high risk move to stop a race by the then president of VARA.) Continued to work turns @ PIR, Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, LVIS, and Fontana until i moved to MI in 2004. My Avatar is is the taken on the chute between T6 and T8 in the old infield road course.

Concurrently was building the little green car. Ran it for a couple years in VARA and HSR West (Prior to SVRA consuming that organization), then pretty much stopped when I moved to MI. Tried to local flag team, not near as much fun as I had in SoCal, plus they do some things I feel unnecessarily put drivers and corner workers at risk. I figured I was not destined for happiness as a corner worker in MI. Today, I just do it when I am back in SoCal visiting my wife. and am starting to put the little green car back together,

I believe I came over to look at your front suspension during a lunch break. IIRC, you started your first session in E Prod, the next session they moved you to C/D Prod run group. You started from the back of the pack. I seem to recall you were passing the C/D cars like they were tied to a telephone pole, until a transmission failure put you on a trailer. Am i close? Or has my memory started to fail?

fast-MG.com Avatar
fast-MG.com Gold Member Dave Headley
Cortez, 4 corners, Colorado, USA   USA
Greg, memory is spot on.
Rob, that was your wife!devil smiley

Member Services:
Dave Headley, dba FAB-TEK offers full service race car parts and preperation for MGB & MGA race cars, SCCA and Vintage. Dave is a mechanical engineer and has raced MGBs since 1963.
Avalon Motorsports Avatar
Avalon Motorsports Robby Bork
Buffalo, NY, USA   USA
1962 MG MGA MkII De-Luxe "The Bruiser"
In reply to # 3535651 by fast-MG.com Greg, memory is spot on.
Rob, that was your wife!devil smiley

That was my ex-wife. You can have that one! moon

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster