AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TomBrooksuk Avatar
TomBrooksuk Tom Brooks
Barton under Needwood, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
Scott,
Really enjoyed your race report I understand the big learning curve going though the same thing with my GT. Really exciting though isn't it!

Now your hesitation problem, I don't like the idea of getting used to a problem we might be able to think of something to help between us. So your running HS6s right? Do you thing it's fuel bowl surge causing the problem? I presume your tank is baffled or similar so we can rule that out. So if its fuel bowl surge on the SUs a mod more common minis is to fit a spacer under the lid of the fuel bowls about 1cm or so of machined alluminum. This increases the vol of the fuel bowls this can help with surge issues. Or do you think it's another problem?

Tom

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
skippymga Avatar
skippymga Gold Member Scott Brown
Redwood City, Northern California, USA   USA
1957 MG MGA
1964 MG MGB "#9"
1966 MG MGB GT "Boo"
1973 MG MGB GT V8 "Tbd"    & more
Hi Tom,
Thank you! We believe a simple needle change will fix it... fuel pressure i correct, floats in the correct position. Will let you know what we find out.

Best - Scott

Member Services:
V31 Lightweight Aluminum Seats are built utilizing a state-of-the-art CAD/CAM system and production techniques that ensures the Vintage 31 seats are of the highest level of quality for your vintage racer or sports car. Proudly built in the USA.
skippymga Avatar
1957 MG MGA
1964 MG MGB "#9"
1966 MG MGB GT "Boo"
Tested this past Monday. Between rear bar adjustment, tire pressures and some carb work, we picked up 3 seconds a lap. Now I just need seat time.

Member Services:
V31 Lightweight Aluminum Seats are built utilizing a state-of-the-art CAD/CAM system and production techniques that ensures the Vintage 31 seats are of the highest level of quality for your vintage racer or sports car. Proudly built in the USA.

Attachments:
#9Test.jpg    47.5 KB
#9Test.jpg

TomBrooksuk Avatar
TomBrooksuk Tom Brooks
Barton under Needwood, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
Scott,

Great news! 3 seconds a lap thats awesome

Really glad how well things are going smileys with beer

Tom

Speedracer Avatar
Speedracer Platinum Member Hap Waldrop
Greenville, SC, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB Racecar "The Biscuit"
Scott, that pic is awesome thumbs up

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
hapwaldrop@acmespeedshop.com

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Free Tech Advice - Alloy wheels for British Sport Cars,and others
skippymga Avatar
1957 MG MGA
1964 MG MGB "#9"
1966 MG MGB GT "Boo"
Flash forward to 2017 - after a 2 year exclusion from the Rolex at Monterey, I have been accepted once again after paying my penitence. thumbs up Will give updates as we progress. Running the Pre-Historics as well.

Member Services:
Speedracer Avatar
That was mighty kind of them. Have fun out there with big money, no driving talent crowd cool smiley I still have the metal image of the vintage Testarossa skipping across the kitty litter at the corkscrew like a stone skipping across a lake. LOL Google spell check didn't like the word testarossa, it suggested prostate instead, yep kinda the same thing I guess grinning smiley

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Free Tech Advice - Alloy wheels for British Sport Cars,and others
skippymga Avatar
1957 MG MGA
1964 MG MGB "#9"
1966 MG MGB GT "Boo"
Like any vintage weekend, there are all levels of driving abilities and yes, there is big $ at the Monterey weekend. David Love, the driver of the TR250 you mentioned raced that car for nearly 50 years and his incident at the top of the corkscrew was due to a catastrophic brake failure. We was really a very nice man and if fact he raced with Fast Eddies Father back in the day. thumbs up

Member Services:
Speedracer Avatar
I can only imagine it is like the Mitty on steroids. What size fields, normally?

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Member Services:
skippymga Avatar
1957 MG MGA
1964 MG MGB "#9"
1966 MG MGB GT "Boo"
This year my group has 52 cars. smileys with beer

Member Services:
Speedracer Avatar
Yeah, that is a wad of cars, last time I raced the Mitty we had a 63 car field. eye popping smiley

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Member Services:
. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster