AutoShrine Sponsor

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
A thread to collect all the video links together, as requested.

Enjoy!
Skye

Webmaster, The MG Experience
AutoShrine.com - Corvus Digital

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
racer76 Avatar
racer76 Silver Member Eric E.
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia   AUS
1968 MG MGB "Blue"
1979 MG MGB "Black"
OK, I'll be the first...

Here is a very rough cut of some of the more memorable moments of my short 15 laps at our recent Six Hour event - sadly cut short when my front right brake line collapsed (which made for an exciting couple of laps with the front right wheel locking up).

The track was really greasy as it was just starting to rain.

Oh yeah - pardon the poor camera positioning, I was trying something new and I would have re-positioned it if I had gone out again drinking smiley

Enjoy...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
HeathRacing Avatar
HeathRacing Heath Racing
Tennessee, USA   USA
1959 MG MGA
1971 MG MGB GT

Parts 1 and 2 of my Dads run with a Spitfire at the VDCA event in September of 2009.

Stirling

magnette1 Avatar
magnette1 Gold Member Andrew Murdoch
Busselton, W.A., Australia   AUS
warm up and practice laps at Albany WA around the town last weekend.

Sorry stuffed up!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-08 06:50 AM by magnette1.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
racer76 Avatar
1968 MG MGB "Blue"
1979 MG MGB "Black"
In reply to a post by magnette1 warm up and practice laps at Albany WA around the town last weekend.

Sorry stuffed up!

Mate... get that video up!!!

I want to see people dodging Dog Rock!!

smiling smiley

magnette1 Avatar
magnette1 Gold Member Andrew Murdoch
Busselton, W.A., Australia   AUS
Sorry Eric, Its got me beat!

racer76 Avatar
1968 MG MGB "Blue"
1979 MG MGB "Black"
In reply to a post by magnette1 Sorry Eric, Its got me beat!

Bugger - upload it somewhere and I will get it up.

oooh errrr - only if it is really exciting!

skippymga Avatar
skippymga Gold Member Scott Brown
Redwood City, Northern California, USA   USA
1957 MG MGA
1964 MG MGB "#9"
1966 MG MGB GT "Boo"
1973 MG MGB GT V8 "Tbd"    & more
Race start from the 2010 Sonoma Vintage Motorsports Festival

Member Services:
V31 Lightweight Aluminum Seats are built utilizing a state-of-the-art CAD/CAM system and production techniques that ensures the Vintage 31 seats are of the highest level of quality for your vintage racer or sports car. Proudly built in the USA.
blackmgb Avatar
blackmgb Fred McConnell
McKinney, Texas, USA   USA
1992 Mazda Miata NA "MAC"
In reply to a post by skippymga Race start from the 2010 Sonoma Vintage Motorsports Festival

With that guy talking over the PA, I thought it was the movie "LeMans."

Director, Fuels Marketing & Motorsports
www.sunoco.com
2012 SCCA FP MARRS Champion

racer76 Avatar
1968 MG MGB "Blue"
1979 MG MGB "Black"
I thought you might like to see a full SuperSprint run from the weekend. A bunch of cars trying to get their best laptimes (and occasionally meeting up on a lap - we aren't allowed to say that we actually "race" each other but we take off two at a time to make it a bit more fun).

It was a lovely day at the track. Perfect weather, cold (air for the engine) but sunny (to eventually warm the track) and no wind at all.

Enjoy (I know I did).

Well, I uploaded a better version - but it is not edited, has no fancy titles (you even get to see me rip off my helmet and gloves and my return to the paddock and chat with the Chief Steward ... I generally chop all that stuff off spinning smiley sticking its tongue out ).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-06 11:15 AM by racer76.

ZomBee Racer Avatar
ZomBee Racer "Sparky" Pete
NorCal, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB GT "Abby"
1977 MG MGB Racecar "Lazarus - Killer ZomBee"
1979 MG MGB "Obie"
Longtime lurker, finally joined. I've been scouring the forums here for ideas and advice on rebuilding a faster motor on the super-ghetto-cheap.

Anyways, I thought you might enjoy a couple videos of my 24 hours of Lemons/Chumpcar crapcan racer. The first is an entertaining lap around Fernley-Reno raceway as shot by the car behind us (Nerd Herd Racing). Notice huge silly antenna balls bouncing overhead and black traffic cone for a stinger. Racing livery courtesy of duck tape stolen from work.

The second is testing at Thunderhill after modifications. The car was getting fairly well sorted for a $500 clunker.

The third is a slightly unfortunate race incident just a few weeks later at the same track. It did not end well. The crunches you hear in the background are my car doing a triple-lutz and sticking the landing. The Russian judge predictably gave us a low score. The car was caught on film mid-air (see car's avatar). It was meeeeeessssed up.

racer76 Avatar
1968 MG MGB "Blue"
1979 MG MGB "Black"
Thanks for that - perfect P.I.T. maneuver in the last video (nasty person).

racer76 Avatar
1968 MG MGB "Blue"
1979 MG MGB "Black"
OK, another run from the Super Sprint last weekend (4th July).

I promise you, I will find some traffic to play with in future to make the videos a little more interesting!

Maybe I could relocate the camera just to add something interesting to the mix? Any thoughts?

Once again - RAW footage and unedited...........

racer76 Avatar
1968 MG MGB "Blue"
1979 MG MGB "Black"
I really do put my car down sometimes as just a "slightly warmed up" street MGB, but I guess that is just my frustration when placed against a bunch of other similarly prepared cars where there are a couple faster than me out there.

This, the final video from the other weekend, shows me up against a bunch of cars that are pretty much "street" or "barely warmed". When you consider what a stock MGB might be like against these cars normally it sort of reminds me that my car is no longer a stock MGB.

I should have passed all of these guys but I was acutely aware that most of these guys have little track time under their belts and I was probably being really annoying (or even scaring) them and spoiling their last run of the day (when I should not have been out amongst them anyway).

So I settled behind a club member, who really was new to driving on a racetrack in his MGF, to play "camera car" so I could give him a souvenir video of his day.

racer76 Avatar
1968 MG MGB "Blue"
1979 MG MGB "Black"
My friend Bill Schapel racing his MG-TC at Winton in Victoria (Australia).

Trying to get the Phillip Island video up (closer racing in that one) but I have to head off to the track to see the cars doing in real life!

Photos later ;-)

(Both were pretty large files so I only uploaded a low quality version of each)

Ooops, and here is the Philip Island one....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-21 06:52 PM by racer76.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster