AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

benhutcherson Avatar
benhutcherson Gold Member Ben Hutcherson
Louisville/Frankfort, Kentucky, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB
This is idle wondering on a slow Saturday, but I'm wondering if this is a swap anyone has ever done.

This is an engine that gets some dislike, but fundamentally it's a solid engine and seems like it would be a nice match. I spent 8 years and 100K miles behind the 3.9L version in a Lincoln LS before the car met its demise for reasons other than the engine.

The version used in the Lincoln LS and Ford Tbird was 3.9L, while I think Jag has it up to 4.2L or so now in the applications where they still use it. It saw pretty extensive use in the S type and still sees some use in high performance trims of a few Jag models. I think Land Rover also used it after they dropped the Buick engine.

As V8s go, this is a relatively small engine and is nice and lightweight thanks to the aluminum block. It's also plentiful in the junk yards at least around here these days.

Has anyone looked into doing this swap into a B?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Mustangsix Avatar
Mustangsix Gold Member Jack Collins
Orlando, FL, USA   USA
I think the lack of a suitable bellhousing and flywheel will deter you as much as the overall size of the package.

Member Services:
Ceres Motorsports - Specialty parts for select British Automobiles
mgb4tim Avatar
mgb4tim Tim N
South Fayette, Pittsburgh, PA!!!, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB
1996 Jaguar XJ6 (X300) "Big Green"
Google "Jaguar Nikasil"

~Tim

morSpeedPerformance@gmail.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster